nobbyshrimp

Re: O/T christmas shopping

Postby Phoenix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 am

Closing down sale starts today
Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:52 pm

50 % off everything at Woolworths

It sure isn't 50% off everything, just the same bits 'n pieces of crap that were 50% off yesterday. In fact prices no different to yesterday but because it was on the news it's closing down, the queue for the tills in Lancaster stretch way down the store. You can get better deals elsewhere in lancaster.
Phoenix

Postby Duffman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Phoenix wrote:50 % off everything at Woolworths

It sure isn't 50% off everything, just the same bits 'n pieces of crap that were 50% off yesterday. In fact prices no different to yesterday but because it was on the news it's closing down, the queue for the tills in Lancaster stretch way down the store. You can get better deals elsewhere in lancaster.

I think some newspaper said it was closer to 10% but I agree if you shop around you can beat the prices. However somethings you have to go to woolies for, like pick 'n' mix :roll:
Duffman

Postby Phoenix » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:08 pm

It's been 10% off most things since last weekend, only because the news programs announced they were closing down have the bargain hunters headed down to woolies. For instance Debenhams keep having their 25% off days and BHS have 20% off everything. Most stores are cutting prices and it's always worth trying to do a deal. The likes of Currys and Comet apparently give their staff discretion to knock anything down by 10% without having to refer to a manager. If you can find stores that do price guarantees, there's bargains to be had. I know I keep posting the link but http://www.hotukdeals.co.uk really is a good starting point (they don't just post online deals, they include any good deals including ones for high street stores)
Phoenix

Postby Duffman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Phoenix wrote:It's been 10% off most things since last weekend, only because the news programs announced they were closing down have the bargain hunters headed down to woolies. For instance Debenhams keep having their 25% off days and BHS have 20% off everything. Most stores are cutting prices and it's always worth trying to do a deal. The likes of Currys and Comet apparently give their staff discretion to knock anything down by 10% without having to refer to a manager. If you can find stores that do price guarantees, there's bargains to be had. I know I keep posting the link but http://www.hotukdeals.co.uk really is a good starting point (they don't just post online deals, they include any good deals including ones for high street stores)

I have to agree with you again Hot UK Deals is a brilliant site. This time of year its perfect already got a few Christmas presents using that site.
Duffman

Return to General Discussion