Does anyone think that

Does anyone think that

Postby Abbo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 pm

We could get relegated at the end of the season, we have 4 games left in this year and i would like to think we could win 2 of them, Luton and Macc are both winable but the other 2 are against 2 teams in the top 4. and i think that our record since the 1st of January is pretty appauling whichever way you look at it and we really do need a major turn around in form for us not to get dragged into a relegation fight thats if were not in 1 now.
Abbo

Re: Does anyone think that

Postby wonder shrimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:08 pm

NO, no i don't.
wonder shrimp

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:10 pm

i do not think we will get relegated,there is enough ability and fighting spirit in the squad to prevent that.Even so this is going to be a tough struggle scrapping for points where we can get them
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:13 pm

Thankfully though the points difference between us and Bournemouth is the same as at the beginning of the season.
I think on current form we will carry on picking up draws and the odd scrappy win to keep the margin the same.

It's a good job we had the mini revival against Chester and Aldershot which got us some much needed points otherwise we would be struggling. I had the Notts county match down as a 6 pointer a bit like when we played Chester. We would have been able to jump them and it would have given us some confidence but as like most of this season we slipped up whn it mattered.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:14 pm

the bad start this season is down to = injuries and SM tinkering with the team to much whats unsettled the team

but now with some of the new signings starting to settle-in and players getting use to the new formation, we should be OK fingers crossed
George Dawes

Postby Abbo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:24 pm

If you look at the squad from last season compared to this i personaly think last seasons was better and we still had a bad ending to the season, luckily for us there is a gap between us and the bottom 2 and we should have 3or4 players back from injuries fairly soon but its going to be a tough second part of the season.
Abbo

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:37 pm

[quote="Abbo"]If you look at the squad from last season compared to this i personaly think last seasons was better"

I would even say the squad from the last couple of seasons in the conference was better. I wonder where our current squad would come in the conference.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:40 pm

i said before the season started that we would finish 15th ish and i am sticking with that prediction - i certainly dont think we will finish above that but it will keep us in league two next season.....and before people jump on me i am not been negative just realistic
Howe Magic

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm

In answer to the question - NO, I don't think we'll be relegated at the end of this season.

However.

I think that next season will be very tricky and a lot of work will have to go on between now and the start of 2009/10 for us to avoid the very real prospect of a relegation struggle next season.

This season we've had the good fortune to find a couple of teams (who don't look great anyway) with massive points deductions.
That has provided us with a cushion - otherwise we would be close to a struggle now and I wouldn't be 100% confident of us avoiding it.

We won't have that luxury next season and we may not have a club in off-field turmoil like Chester either.

I think in all honesty that only a few of the players we currently have in the squad would be capable of helping push us up to a significantly higher level where we could say we 'definitely' would be nowhere near the bottom few.

To get there we'll need to be more competitive in the transfer market and that's a big ask for a club like ours. Sammy may unearth a few gems but it IS going to be a make or break season in 2009/10.
After that - if we come through it okay - we hope to have more club-generated finance coming in (ie from the stadium, not from directors' pockets) and the position may be more healthy.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:14 pm

Last seaons january onwards performance was due to the fact we secured enough points, players who knew they wer eleaving stopped putting the effort in and generally we were alot mre casual in our play. We wont go down, but next season if we dont get any pace and quality will be another struggle again
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Abbo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:29 pm

But we dont have a healthy cushion of points going into the new year and it would only take us to go on a bad run and teams below us to win a few and we could be in deep trouble
Abbo

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Same with every othe rteam in the bottom half of the league, lets stay positive instead of worrying about whats unlikely to happen
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pandashrimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:14 pm

I don't believe Sammy experimented enough in the last couple of months of last season. For example Paul Lloyd is still at the club so Sammy must see something in him, so why didn't he get an extended run last year? Taylor was prolific in the ressies and could have also been blooded a little earlier. Hopefully this year WHEN we are safe he will really get the team playing for new deals, not resting on their lorals and working hard so he can be more effective with his deals in the summer and prepared for 09/10.
Pandashrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:51 pm

I think we will stay up I agree our squad isnt as strong as last season but I think even with the squad we have now we are good enough to stay up
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion