Pace, Pace and more Pace!!

Pace, Pace and more Pace!!

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:03 pm

It's something we've always lacked in the team as a whole, yeh we've had our thommo's and jacksons bit rarely have we had a team where we've had pace upfront, midfield and even at the back (think Hardiker an exception as he was quite quick and very agile). If you look at the teams at the top of the league they look for players with raw physical attributes and an ok standard of football ability. I personally believe this is the best way to go as football is an extremely physical game especially in league 2 with pace and power needed. Even if you have a striker who can run 100m in 11 seconds but who's shooting isn't the best the pace itself is scary enough and will create enough chances were their bound to score eventually.
Same with the wings, you look at walcott who can't cross to save his life yet his pace is frightening and the amount of times he runs past someone gives him many 'attempts' at finally puttting that perfect cross in.
At the moment i see pace as the main weakness in our team as we have very very little, especially midfield. In January i hope sammy can find a few loan players who are nippy and cause problems few pure physical power and pace as we desperately lack support from the midifeld.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Pace, Pace and more Pace!!

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:04 pm

i know a fast lad, hes called usain bolt but he lives in jamaica and dont know if he could get a work permit
mr dog

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm

I see where your coming from it's like Wenger at Arsenal he goes for players who are more like athletes and then coaches them into good players at a young age.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:36 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I see where your coming from it's like Wenger at Arsenal he goes for players who are more like athletes and then coaches them into good players at a young age.

Yup and whats more to our advantage is that were in league2 where the standard is not the greatest, players who even dont start out as natural skillful players with games get used to the standard and will improve their technical skills.....whereas someone who has the technical skills can't improve their physical attributes in the same way. Ability is having the physical attributes to start off with, something which is extremely difficult to improve significantly, skill can be learned much more easily especially as all players at this level are already at a basic standard of football.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:47 pm

well thats a bye bye to Adams then, who looks & runs like a darts player.
George Dawes

Postby B.H.C #3 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Adams is class! He has it all up top! And reads the game quickest. Quality touch too ;)
B.H.C #3

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:56 pm

B.H.C #3 wrote:Adams is class! He has it all up top! And reads the game quickest. Quality touch too ;)

Stop encouraging me!
huge.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 pm

i know, but that's in reference to the previous comments!

but i must admit am sure he could do more about is weight it cant be all that hard for a "FULL TIME" footballer, who could do more extra training if needed
George Dawes

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 pm

now then mark, is that really appropriate, my 5 year old son was here when i was reading this post and i had to wash his eyes out with soap. maybe a warning or a spolier would be more apprpriate:)
mr dog

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Apologies - i will behave :oops:

Put the soap back when you have finished with it ;)
marky No.1

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 pm

only had to wash his eyes because he started masturbating and ejaculated in his eye, the dirty little bugger.
mr dog

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:16 pm

My mouthfull of tea has just splatted all over the screen :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:23 pm

However I can think of an x Morecambe player who could run like a train but was hopeless Dean howell and Jermaine Watt wasn't much better.
Last edited by P/T Indie on Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:27 pm

I'd stil take them now, just work on their crossing and first touch :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pandashrimp » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Without a doubt abit of pace would make a world of difference to us. Last year it was plain for all to see that we needed a real centre forward up front, with Rene i think we've solved a big problem and O'Carroll also fits the bill in the way he brings others in to play with his touch, however obviously losing Baker was a huge blow but i reckon its Thommo we miss the most with his directness and pure pace down that right. How many times down the years were we 1 down at H/T come out and basically spend the whole 2nd half attacking down their left and turn it round?
Not keeping Mcgivern was a huge shame but despite his obvious lack of pace Adams still turns out great performances for us but faced with two capable right sided players that play the give and go he's out of the game.
Lets hope this Duffy is a little speed demon, (and we get him!) he got very good reviews on his return to a losing Southport team on saturday.
Pandashrimp

Return to General Discussion