new year wish box

new year wish box

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 am

for me we need a left sided left footed player, and a creative midfielder who can both pick our forwards out

for me are defence is ok we need to score more goals, and that aint necessarily down to our forwards , they do need feeding

ideal id like a couple of aged 34+ players on free transfers who dont mind dropping down a division or two with the idea of helping our younger players through with there experience
George Dawes

Re: new year wish box

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:04 am

I think we need a creative central midfielder, a left winger and a right winger.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:37 am

I'm with Keith (in another thread) on this one. I'd like to see us secure Rene Howe (if Sam and Mark are happy with his attitude and commitment) and maybe one or two, midfielders then I'd like a few Reserve team loans (with pace) until the end of the season.

I don't think we're geared up yet to start swooping for the types of players we are going to need if we are to significantly improve our league standing. If that's the case then we shouldn't be offering long deals to the types of 'stop-gaps' who will see us through this season and into next.

We will need to significantly 'up' our game in terms of salaries if we are to make the next step, in my opinion. And I don't think we can do that until we see something coming into the club by way of revenue from new stadium rents etc from franchises who locate there.

We DO need to strengthen for next season, when there won't be the 'points deduction' teams to rely on finishing below us.
But it needs Sammy to use his contacts over these next couple of seasons before - we hope - we can make a big push after that.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:42 am

i think the ideal trio for us would be ( from blackburn rez & liverpool res ) on loan
right wing - nabil el zhar
left wing- daniel pacheco
cm- jay spearing

theses would be very good loan signing for morecambe
mr dog

Postby small » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 pm

i wouldnt mind robbie fowler on loan from blackburn and then a left sided midfielder
small

Postby parceldave » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 am

P/T Indie wrote:I think we need a creative central midfielder, a left winger and a right winger.

Scholes ,Giggs and Garry Neville who i know isn't a right winger but we cant be too particular. ;)
parceldave

Postby james456 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:41 am

And another Ryan McGivern please :)
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:39 pm

shrimper wrote:I'm with Keith (in another thread) on this one. I'd like to see us secure Rene Howe (if Sam and Mark are happy with his attitude and commitment) and maybe one or two, midfielders then I'd like a few Reserve team loans (with pace) until the end of the season.

I don't think we're geared up yet to start swooping for the types of players we are going to need if we are to significantly improve our league standing. If that's the case then we shouldn't be offering long deals to the types of 'stop-gaps' who will see us through this season and into next.

We will need to significantly 'up' our game in terms of salaries if we are to make the next step, in my opinion. And I don't think we can do that until we see something coming into the club by way of revenue from new stadium rents etc from franchises who locate there.

We DO need to strengthen for next season, when there won't be the 'points deduction' teams to rely on finishing below us.
But it needs Sammy to use his contacts over these next couple of seasons before - we hope - we can make a big push after that.

Heres one Glenn

Colin Little of Altrincham. prolific scorer. always played well against us. Give him an 18 month contract to take us to Summer 2010 when the new stadium is ready.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
shrimper wrote:I'm with Keith (in another thread) on this one. I'd like to see us secure Rene Howe (if Sam and Mark are happy with his attitude and commitment) and maybe one or two, midfielders then I'd like a few Reserve team loans (with pace) until the end of the season.

Heres one Glenn

Colin Little of Altrincham. prolific scorer. always played well against us. Give him an 18 month contract to take us to Summer 2010 when the new stadium is ready.

Better than a certain Mr Duffy...but age wise? 35...... :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Christies Child on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 pm

I would like to see us sign a right winger
heysham_mfc

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Wainwright started off well there at the start of season until SM started playing him on the left wing, then dropped him :shock:
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion