Bad day at the office?

Bad day at the office?

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Sounds as though it was a bad day at the office for the lads listening to Sammy's post match comments on Radio Lancashire.

'We never got out of the blocks...even the warm up was flat....'

After Tuesday's efforts I suppose that this was always on the cards, but it highlites the need for Sammy to work his magic in January's transfer window.

This of course all depends on movements out of the present squad.

Rumour has it that we are trying to secure Howe's service on a permanent basis. Still a few questions to be asked of him for my liking.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Bad day at the office?

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:54 pm

i am normally very confident about the club and team but i am starting to get a bit worried about our situation - we have just 3 wins from 19 league games and thats simply not good enough...i think we will stay up due to other teams below us been very poor ie barnet and chester etc - we are still 15 and 25 points in front of bournemouth and luton which personally will be enough but i think the january transfer window is going to be very very crucial for us......UP THE SHRIMPS
Howe Magic

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Howe Magic wrote:we are still 15 and 25 points in front of bournemouth and luton which personally will be enough but i think the january transfer window is going to be very very crucial for us.

I'm not convinced. I think we are strong enough to stay up this season regardless, mainly for the reasons you mentioned, there are some very weak teams below us and Luton & Bournmouth are unlikely to catch us. I would say we only sign someone in the January window if they really are good, long term quality. I don't want to see a 'panic buy'. Give those players who there are doubts about the rest of the season to prove themselves and let the likes of Aaron get some experience too, then come the summer have a good close look at where we are going. Otherwise I can see us signing players who are hardly better than the ones they are replacing and even less room, in terms of both cash & numbers, come the summer.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parkyboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:32 pm

When does DC,s loan expire , the sooner the better and then Taylor O,Carroll will get chances to score us some goals . DC is good at running but not much else , i thought we brought him in to score goals seems i must have misunderstood
parkyboy

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Howe Magic wrote:i am normally very confident about the club and team but i am starting to get a bit worried about our situation - we have just 3 wins from 19 league games and thats simply not good enough...i think we will stay up due to other teams below us been very poor ie barnet and chester etc - we are still 15 and 25 points in front of bournemouth and luton which personally will be enough but i think the january transfer window is going to be very very crucial for us......UP THE SHRIMPS

Come on HM! Dont get negative on us. Stay positive!
Mark S

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:34 pm

parkyboy wrote:When does DC,s loan expire , the sooner the better and then Taylor O,Carroll will get chances to score us some goals . DC is good at running but not much else , i thought we brought him in to score goals seems i must have misunderstood

He has made two out of the last four goals. In fact he was instrumental in both at Chester alone. Keep the faith in Danny.
Mark S

Postby ezz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:35 pm

parkyboy wrote:When does DC,s loan expire , the sooner the better and then Taylor O,Carroll will get chances to score us some goals . DC is good at running but not much else , i thought we brought him in to score goals seems i must have misunderstood

To be fair nobody in our team is scoring at the moment except random goals from midfielders and defenders so DC is no worse than what we already have, his running and pace may create more chances for others though
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:39 pm

I kind of agree with you Keith with regards spending. No point wasting money on big transfers and younger players should be given the chance to get some experience. Luton and Bornemouth will not make up enough points to pass us - even if they did there will also be at least a couple clubs who will be picking up points even slower than us.

But it is so important that we take some positive momentum into next season or we could well be in trouble. As people say, 3 wins in 19 games is shocking and will be having its affect on team morale. If we have a poor second half of the season our attendances will drop considerably too, meaning even less to invest in the summer.

Hopefully Sammy will get a couple of young loan signings in to add a bit of spark into the team and possibly pick up a experienced pro on a free to sure things up. Next summer should be a big clear-out and and most of the squad will no doubt be fighting to stay at the club.

2009 is going to be a make or break year for the Shrimps both on and off the field. Fingers crossed its a good one!
Wild Bill

Postby parkyboy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:50 pm

If DCis as good as some people would have us believe he would be at Brunton Park in div 1 scoring goals for Carlisle. I used to enjoy watching him when he was here previously and will never forget his goal which got us into div 2, Maybe if he scores next saturday it will give him his confidence back ,
parkyboy

Postby DTSJim » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Today definitely was a poor performance.

Defensively, relatively static, Parrish was beaten too easily for me and made the whole formation a bit lop sided.

Midfield, wasn't realy evident, despite Fraser having a better performance than tuesday, he was still lightweight in my opinion.

Attacking, relied way too heavily on the long ball, when we started playing football we got a bit of momentum, but in general Howe and Carlton barely featured.

Overall, the game never really sparked into life, the only difference between the two teams was that Notts had more pace than us in every department.

Snoozefest.
DTSJim

Postby Sammy h » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Poor performance, although Notts county one of the best i have seen this season, but we helped that, one stand out player and that was Barry, that says it all.

We need a striker quick, starting with two loanees upfront, Rene Howe not up to it, always throwing his hands up in the air for some reason.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:59 pm

LOL just thought i would catch you all out and post on a match day :!: but i have wireless :lol: , still in Notts slightly inebriated - today was the least value £20 + £20 i have spent this season. We have had a great day out but even the strongest supporter would question what happened today? Write it off and look forward to Darlington. ps Great night last night at JB's :D Up the shrimps 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:01 am

marky No.1 wrote:LOL just thought i would catch you all out and post on a match day :!: but i have wireless :lol: , still in Notts slightly inebriated - today was the least value £20 + £20 i have spent this season. We have had a great day out but even the strongest supporter would question what happened today? Write it off and look forward to Darlington. ps Great night last night at JB's :D Up the shrimps 8-)

That must be a good translater/spell check you've got there Marky ;)

Maybe the lucky heather is rubbing off onto you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Safe journey back, keep safe.
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 am

LOL Mick this is a first for me on a Saturday! As for the spell check i aint got time cos my quid is running out :lol: Nice to know you have kept the faith ;) Come on Morecambe :!: p.s. she is mary not Heather :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 am

We were crap today....but even so take away some sloppy defending (that's being kind) for the Nott's goal right on the break (although not being pushed we needed the break, probably the game on Tuesday taking its toll) and its 0-0 which gives Sammy some scope to work with in the second. This season we have not looked convincing when being a goal behind. I knew we wouldn't get back in the game today, especially when you look at our bench.
RedRedWine1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:38 am

I am not Danny Adams' biggest fan, that'll Hudds Steve!
Danny was being fouled as the guy jumped up to head the ball down for their goal. Their player was in the air for about 20 secs waiting for the ball!
Using DA's shoulders to assist himself.

The ref didn't miss much but when it counted he did.
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:16 am

RedRedWine wrote:This season we have not looked convincing when being a goal behind

Based on my own observations and from what others say about matches I haven't seen, we're not especially convincing when we're a goal ahead, either! We're obviously not going to go down this season because no matter how bad we are, there's one team that will never catch us and at least 2 more who are worse. What was up with Yates, today? Seems a bit odd for him not to even be on the bench...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 am

need to write this season off, and start building for next season, and give these new players a chance to settle-in

the one positive for me this season is this 5 3 2 or 3 5 2 when attacking, it suits us with the players we have and the players know how it works now
George Dawes

Postby Jody » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Another case of too many players having an off day all at once. Barry Roche, and Jimbo worked their socks off. No idea why Stanley was taken off for Carr, when there were worse players in the centre of midfield by a long shot.
Their goal was a foul on Danny Adams, but I can understand how the ref didn't see it as he missed everything else all game.
Just an opinion, but Blinks gets slated on here as a centre forward who doesn't score many goals. Yet he works extremely hard for 90 minutes, every game. Not sure the same can be said about our forwards at the moment, who aren't scoring many either.
Jody

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 pm

for me it's not are forwards whats the problem, it's our midfield not servicing them, need Carl Baker back!, missed him this season
George Dawes

Postby mfc:) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 pm

I think we will stay up this season but next season i am dreding it if we have the same kind of team that we do this season.
mfc:)

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Stanley was struggling with a knock, think that was the only reason he was withdrawn.

I thought the referee had a good game tbh. He didn't play advantage once, but at least he was consistent about it. From where I was sat couldn't really see anything wrong with the Notts goal, just looked like awful defending, though it all happened so fast and I'd like to see it again.

Overheard the referee's assessor saying to someone that it looked a difficult game to officiate with both sides niggling at each other, asking if there was any previous history between the two clubs.

Agreed Jody, too many players didn't get going. McStay, Barry, Mclachlan and Jimbo aside, the rest need not have bothered getting off the bus such was there contribution to the game.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Ade Adams » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:42 pm

DawZi wrote:need Carl Baker back!, missed him this season

Especially when he's being left unused on the bench at County :o
From nation to nation quietly eating my way around the globe
Ade Adams

Postby 4G63 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:40 pm

What on earth was Stewart Drummond doing all game? He had a shocker!
4G63

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:46 pm

drummers was terrible,the phrase fired with apathy comes to mind
he strutted around as if it was a kickabout on the local field,did not seem intersted at any time in whole 90 mins what a waste of space.It was very clear that there was no link up between midfield and the front men resulting in long balls as the only answer,their defence just gobbled them up
a really disappoininting day out where several players just not up for it.
as a manager i would be pulling my hair out no wonder he is bald
one of the worst displays i have ever seen,no wonder we are struggling
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Return to General Discussion