FOR THE DISABLED SUPPORTERS VISITING MEADOW LANE

FOR THE DISABLED SUPPORTERS VISITING MEADOW LANE

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Disabled supporters gain entry to any area of the ground with a 25% reduction from the original match price, while Wheelchair users' Personal Assistants can be admitted to the ground free of charge.

Away supporters should contact the Notts County Ticket Office on 0115 9557204 during the week or on 0115 9557210 on matchdays, or via e-mail at info@nottscountyfc.co.uk to make arrangements for visiting us at Meadow Lane.

There are 75 spaces for Disabled Supporters available in total, all at pitch level. In additional, 24 spaces are available in the Derek Pavis Stand, 21 in the Jimmy Sirrel Stand and 30 in the Family Stand, which also houses away supporters in Wheelchairs.

For those who are Visually Imparied the Club provides a commentary service in conjunction with SoccerSight and RNIB. Radio Headsets are available on a match-by-match basis from the Main Reception, and commentary is provided by volunteers at every game.

150 seats are allocated for those who are Ambulant Disabled. 36 in the Derek Pavis Stand, 56 in the Jimmy Sirrel Stand and 58 in the Family Stand. All areas are covered.
mightymagpie1862

Re: FOR THE DISABLED SUPPORTERS VISITING MEADOW LANE

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Thank you for yet more useful information!

mightymagpie1862 wrote:For those who are Visually Imparied the Club provides a commentary service in conjunction with SoccerSight and RNIB. Radio Headsets are available on a match-by-match basis from the Main Reception, and commentary is provided by volunteers at every game.

Do we do this? If not, I wonder if we could set someting up to offer visually impaired supporters a headset linked to Morecambe World at matches?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Frobi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:41 pm

Do we do this? If not, I wonder if we could set someting up to offer visually impaired supporters a headset linked to Morecambe World at matches?

That is a very good Idea as I've noticed recently we've had visually impaired supporters at some of our games.
How would it work though, just out of interest, as Morecambe world is a broadband service, or would they be able to patch it through to a radio channel which could be received around the ground?
Frobi

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Frobi wrote:How would it work though, just out of interest, as Morecambe world is a broadband service, or would they be able to patch it through to a radio channel which could be received around the ground?

Wi-fi would probably have a lag between broadcasting and receiving. Be frustrating at the match, hearing a cheer for a goal and then five seconds later hearing the commentary team getting excited! Morecambe Mick got wound up enough because Aspers was able to post on the chat room "GOAL!!!" a few seconds before he heard it :roll: I guess it could be networked somehow, especially if there were dedicated seats?

As for broadcasting over radio, that's way too technichal for me. We could do with having an expert or two. You know, like someone who'd worked with local radio set ups, or even someone who'd dabbled in DJ'ing. If only we could find such a person? :roll:

Alternatively... we could ask Notts County or the RNIB how to do it?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Keith wrote:Thank you for yet more useful information!

mightymagpie1862 wrote:For those who are Visually Imparied the Club provides a commentary service in conjunction with SoccerSight and RNIB. Radio Headsets are available on a match-by-match basis from the Main Reception, and commentary is provided by volunteers at every game.

Great idea Keith perhaps we could have given one to the referee tonight! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby pompeyred » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Keith wrote:
Frobi wrote:How would it work though, just out of interest, as Morecambe world is a broadband service, or would they be able to patch it through to a radio channel which could be received around the ground?

Wi-fi would probably have a lag between broadcasting and receiving. Be frustrating at the match, hearing a cheer for a goal and then five seconds later hearing the commentary team getting excited! Morecambe Mick got wound up enough because Aspers was able to post on the chat room "GOAL!!!" a few seconds before he heard it :roll: I guess it could be networked somehow, especially if there were dedicated seats?

As for broadcasting over radio, that's way too technichal for me. We could do with having an expert or two. You know, like someone who'd worked with local radio set ups, or even someone who'd dabbled in DJ'ing. If only we could find such a person? :roll:

Alternatively... we could ask Notts County or the RNIB how to do it?

On the ship we used to use a Magnetic Induction Loop which would just mean a cable running around the stands which could be linked directly to the commentary box?
pompeyred

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Notts County Football Club welcomes all disalbled supporters and have excellent facilities on hand
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 pm

weather for Nottingham tomorrow

Dry and extended sunny periods, 5 degrees

Notts County Football Club extend the hand of friendship to all who travel to the game and wish you a safe journey to and from the game
mightymagpie1862

Return to General Discussion