totally amazing

totally amazing

Postby Abbo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:04 am

Ihave just read about the admission prices for the Luton game, £20 for adults and thats if you buy them early otherwise £22. Now in my eyes thats daylight robbery, how can a league 2 club be allowed to charge that amount of money, and of course its at a very expensive time of year plus we have 2 other games in a 7 day period.
Abbo

Re: totally amazing

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:56 pm

May I suggest changing the thread name to 'totally outrageous!' ?
durhamshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:43 pm

I think with the time of year and how much it costs to travel those ticket prices will put a lot of people off from traveling
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:58 pm

Abbo wrote:Ihave just read about the admission prices for the Luton game, £20 for adults and thats if you buy them early otherwise £22. Now in my eyes thats daylight robbery, how can a league 2 club be allowed to charge that amount of money, and of course its at a very expensive time of year plus we have 2 other games in a 7 day period.

Its supposed to be the peoples game, obviously not in Luton, i wonder how much they will charge next year when they are in the conference.
steve mfc

Postby Aal » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 pm

And yet Luton are still pulling in big attendances for League 2...

Maybe it's just a more affluent area?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby The Marksman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:06 am

Classic supply and demand. If they can get away with charging that and people still go to the games, why shouldn't they try to maximise their income? It's a football club, and one that's been in a perilous financial state, not a charity.
The Marksman

Postby Abbo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:59 am

£20-£22 for league 2 football,rip off and nothing to do with supply and demand. mind you i will be going to Bratfurd and how much do they charge ?????????????????
Abbo

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:13 am

Is it not £20 for Adults on Saturday at Notts?

For those who don't know, the Kop (which we were sitting last season) is now for home fans. We'll be in the block of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand (to the left of the kop) this season. Students and the unemployed can get concessions for £12, though these tickets might need to be purchased from the ticket office and ID is required.
RedRedWine1

Postby campdave » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:51 am

Whilst I agree it's extortionate, at some stage fans need to accept culpability in their own being ripped off. We moan and complain about the high prices, and pay them anyway.

Until people stop going, it's going to continue.
campdave

Postby The Marksman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:25 am

Abbo wrote:£20-£22 for league 2 football,rip off and nothing to do with supply and demand. mind you i will be going to Bratfurd and how much do they charge ?????????????????

It's absolutely everything to do with supply and demand. As campdave said, if people didn't pay for it it would have to get cheaper. If you don't like it, vote with your feet.
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah and Luton fans are being offered 3 tickets for the price of 2 (us being one of them):x
http://www.lutontown.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 95,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Is it not £20 for Adults on Saturday at Notts?

For those who don't know, the Kop (which we were sitting last season) is now for home fans. We'll be in the block of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand (to the left of the kop) this season. Students and the unemployed can get concessions for £12, though these tickets might need to be purchased from the ticket office and ID is required.

Notts was £16 to sit in the kop last season which I thought was a bargin as it was the best away end I had been to.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Yeah, its one of the best stands in the league full-stop if you ask me in terms of generating an atmosphere. Probably why the home fans wanted it back. Since Mansfield have now been relegated I suppose there is no need to save the 4,000-ish capacity end for the 200 or so shrimps fans that will be coming down.
RedRedWine1

Postby YORKCITYTILLIDIE » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:11 pm

steve mfc wrote:
Abbo wrote:Ihave just read about the admission prices for the Luton game, £20 for adults and thats if you buy them early otherwise £22. Now in my eyes thats daylight robbery, how can a league 2 club be allowed to charge that amount of money, and of course its at a very expensive time of year plus we have 2 other games in a 7 day period.

Its supposed to be the peoples game, obviously not in Luton, i wonder how much they will charge next year when they are in the conference.

Oxford charge that much in Conference therefore i will not be surprised if Luton do.
I agree it is daylight robbery for standard of football you are watching.
YORKCITYTILLIDIE

Postby Mark S » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am

YORKCITYTILLIDIE wrote:I agree it is daylight robbery for standard of football you are watching.

Are those grapes still a bit sour? ;)
Mark S

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:00 pm

And in comparisson with the size of the ground Luton are the best supported team in League 2 this season so far followed by Shrewsbury then Bradford but in overall attendancies Bradford are miles in front with more than Shrewsbury+Luton put together :o
In comparisson with ground size our attendancies are above; Dagenham, Rochdale, Darlington, Notts County, Bury, Macclesfield.
Just shows that you shouldn't try to fight above your weight as Darlington try to - capacity 25,000 but average attendance this season = 3022
nobbyshrimp

Return to General Discussion