Good morning to you all, im Rob Bristol from Notts County FC

Good morning to you all, im Rob Bristol from Notts County FC

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:55 am

Hi
As you are our next visitors, may I take this opportunity to introduce myself, I am Rob and will be posting on here throughout the week with detalis of the forthcoming game.
Firstly may I, on behalf of Notts County Football Club extend the hand of friendship to all the players, staff and supporters of Morecambe.
You will be made very welcome next Saturday during your visit to Meadow Lane, we hope to see a good vociferous following, and equally a good game of football between the two teams.
We at Notts County are a very family orientated club and respect the rights of visiting supporters to their affliation.
Parking around Meadow Lane is relatively easy, there are numerous off street parking areas and three substantially sized car parks.
For those wishing a drink prior to the game, there are numerous public houses within easy walking distance, and The Wheeler bar situated behind the Family Stand welcomes visiting supporters.
For anybody travelling by train, the station is 5 minutes from Meadow Lane and again there are public houses that will welcome you.
Most importantly, to all travelling supporters Notts County FC wish you a safe journey to and from the ground and hope whatever the result that you enjoy your day in Nottingham
mightymagpie1862

Re: Good morning to you all, im Rob Bristol from Notts County FC

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks Rob, nobody is ignoring your post but i think everyone is completely focussed on our FA cup replay tomorrow before anyone even begins talk about saturday! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Hello Rob Notts from Bristol County. On behalf of all my family, my imaginery friends and my collection of wooden stoats may I extend a hand of friendship to you for visiting our humble website.

I also thank you for your abudance of information. I fear though because of our unscheduled double-header against the Kookaburras of Cheltenham and the Eric Morecambe reunion at Loooton that less people may be travelling than otherwise was. Please don't let that stop you.

I look forward to your further posts this week full of pre-match intrigue, teasing, insights and places to purchase light snacks.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Rob - Thanks for the info.

I think I'll be coming down with my family in tow this time - is there any food available in the Wheeler?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:46 pm

No worries, good luck tomorrow!
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:48 pm

There is food available in the Wheeler bar, I will e mail the club and just check exactly what and get back to you
mightymagpie1862

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks Rob, it would be appreciated.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:16 pm

re Wheeler bar

No problems we offer pies, sausage rolls and a range of cobs
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 pm

The following hospitality package is open to all Morecambe supporters:

We are offering the following executive package for just £40 + vat

· 3 course carvery

· Seating in either our executive seating or the away end (the supporters can choice)

· Car parking

· A copy of our award winning Matchday magazine

Away supporters are very welcome.

To book please call Lauren Webster 0115 9557220

To simplify this:
Ground entry £20
Car Park £3
Program £2:50
Carevery £14:50
All prices are subject to vat
mightymagpie1862

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:05 pm

thanks for all the info ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Shropshire-Shrimp » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:36 am

I came over by train last year - and also for the Carling tie v Forest by car, though parked near Meadow Lane for that - and though it's not a long walk, surely it's more like 10-15 minutes from the station Rob, unless there's some special route I missed?
Shropshire-Shrimp

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:34 am

Not sure on that one, did you exit through the main building?
When you get off of the train you will see the car park, head for that, Im sure you can walk it in roughly 5 mnutes, perhaps im being a little optimistic though
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:38 am

If anybody has any other questions they would like to ask, please feel free
Although I do not work for the club I will endeavour to answer all questions as I am in constant contact via e-mail.
Alternatively you can e-mail me direct at mightymagpie1862@googlemail.com and I will get back to you that way
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 am

FOR THOSE WHO LIKE A PINT IN A FRIENDLY AND WELCOMING ATMOSPHERE

There are a few pubs around the ground that let away supporters in and are quite friendly and serve good real ale. Steve from the Pie Fanzine informs me; 'On the main London Road, just across from the hump back bridge over the canal, is the newly refurbished and renamed Globe. A comfortable open-plan pub with good food and 5 ever-changing real ales (children can use the upstairs room). Just the other side of Trent Bridge (although mercifully facing away from that rusting monstrosity with a red tree painted on the side!) is the Southbank, the Globe's sister pub. It also serves excellent food and has sport on the numerous televisions; three real ales are offered here including one from the tiny local Mallards brewery. Just across from the front of the station down Queensbridge Road is the "Vat and Fiddle" situated next door to the Castle Rock micro-brewery. It offers ten real ales and hot and cold food. Children are welcome'.

Chris Rhoades recommends; the 'Trent Bridge Inn'. Chris claims 'The food is locally renowned, especially the pies!' Whilst Tim Cooke a travelling Millwall fan has a different angle (so to speak); 'definitely one for the lads! Hooters (on the main road A6011, on the outskirts of the city centre, you can't miss it!) has very nice waitresses wearing just enough to cover things up, serves lovely beer, and great food. Take my advice, make a weekend of it, Nottingham is a top city!' Alcohol is also available within the ground.

If you are arriving by train and have a bit of time on your hands, then I would suggest that you check out the ‘Olde Trip To Jerusalem’. This historic pub dates back to the 12th century and some of the rooms are ‘cave like’ having been carved out of the rock that Nottingham Castle is situated upon. Add real ale, food and a small beer garden, then it is certainly worth a visit. It is about a five minute walk away from the train station. As you come out of the station turn right. At the top of the road turn left and then take the second right into Castle Road. Just tucked away on the left is the pub.

There is also the Waterfront complex of bars (including a Wetherspoons outlet) which is a short walk from the train station. As you come out of the station turn right. At the top of the road turn right again and the Waterfront complex is just down on the right, located behind the buildings on the main road
mightymagpie1862

Postby mightymagpie1862 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:47 am

HOW TO FIND US FROM M1

Leave the M1 at Junction 26 and take the A610 towards Nottingham and then signs for Melton Mowbray. Turn left before the River Trent in to Meadow Lane. You can park at the Cattle Market (opposite the away end £2) or in the club car park (opposite the club offices in Meadow Lane £2.50). Otherwise there is plenty of street parking.
mightymagpie1862

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Those travelling by car may also want to consider M6 to jct 15, A50 through to M1 and then A453 into Nottingham - this way you avoid the road works on the M1 but having done it both ways many times it's just luck of the draw on traffic as to which is quickest.

From the train station is just about 5 minutes if you walk very fast but 10 minutes at most.
SkinnyShrimp

Postby DeeBee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Train would be great if the Network Rail hadn’t decided to close Dronfield tunnel between Sheffield and Chesterfield! Now the journey back would take 4 hours 50 minutes via Loughborough, Derby, Crewe and a bus from Preston.

Last year Shrimp’s Trainers had a very pleasant day out at Notts County, even managing lunch in Hooters where we were looked after in fine style by some exceptional staff. It’s worth a look at their web site - www.hooters.to/nottingham if you are going on Saturday!! 8-)
DeeBee

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Train would be great if the Network Rail hadn’t decided to close Dronfield tunnel between Sheffield and Chesterfield!

Looking good for Luton though with the new timetable :D
Phoenix

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:Train would be great if the Network Rail hadn’t decided to close Dronfield tunnel between Sheffield and Chesterfield!

Looking good for Luton though with the new timetable :D

Are you wearing your Eric outfit on the train, Brian? I hav'nt mustered up the courage yet :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Not allowed fancy dress pitch-side, that's my excuse :lol:
Phoenix

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Don't be so soft Brian.

Tell you what, you put the Eric gear on and if you get any hassle at all I'll split the cash from the lineage I'd make from all the 'Luton Town ban Eric Morecambe' stories I could sell to the national media.
shrimper

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Might be good for a laugh :lol:
Phoenix

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:55 pm

That IS the general idea.
shrimper

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 pm

You don't say! Make sure Garth brings his stuff as well :lol:
Phoenix

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 pm

............ well thats done it for me - don't forget ya brown paper bag :lol:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NciFy1UWCTg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next