IF we draw a Premiership team at HOME...

IF we draw a Premiership team at HOME...

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:35 pm

....it would no doubt be a sell out, especially if it was one of the bigger ones.

With the game no doubt being all ticket, maybe those who attend Tuesday's game will be given a preference voucher to ensure a ticket. If that is the case, I wonder how many who are complaining about paying normal admission prices will turn up and get a voucher?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: IF we draw a Premiership team at HOME...

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:36 pm

CC people are complaining about paying the 'normal' price because ultimately it means they have paid the price of 2 matches for 1 result.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:40 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:CC people are complaining about paying the 'normal' price because ultimately it means they have paid the price of 2 matches for 1 result.

Personally, I believe the decision is out of the clubs hands due to FA Cup rules about admission prices, but it's entirely reasonable for people to be pissed off about it, especially if people potentially can't make Tuesday nights rearranged match and potentially end up missing out on being able to get tickets for a big 3rd round draw because of it.

I'll be going, but I'm naffed off about having to pay again.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:44 pm

campdave wrote:
mounse mk2 wrote:CC people are complaining about paying the 'normal' price because ultimately it means they have paid the price of 2 matches for 1 result.

Personally, I believe the decision is out of the clubs hands due to FA Cup rules about admission prices, but it's entirely reasonable for people to be pissed off about it, especially if people potentially can't make Tuesday nights rearranged match and potentially end up missing out on being able to get tickets for a big 3rd round draw because of it.

I'll be going, but I'm naffed off about having to pay again.

That I think is the reason. Not the clubs, but when have the FA ever thought about the cost to fans?
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:46 pm

Christies Child wrote:
That I think is the reason. Not the clubs, but when have the FA ever thought about the cost to fans?

Potentially it could be the clubs - Middlesborough refused to let Man Utd lower admission prices for their recent league cup tie so as not to miss out on a bumper share of gate receipts. Either way, no one seems to know for sure what the rules are or aren't, so all we can do is speculate.
campdave

Postby steve mfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Personally i think the main priority should be to get the largest possible gate for this game and maximise the support for the team.

I think it should be a reduced admission for this game, possibly it is out of the hands of the club, but maybe a voucher for reduced admission to a league game could be a way around it, anything to get people through the gates.

If they were to play it on Tuesday the 9th it would mean playing when champions league football is on the TV, but it would be better than having supporters paying twice in the space of three days, and probably a much larger crowd.
steve mfc

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:53 pm

My issue is whether you agree or don't agree about the decision to abandon the game. It was ultimately the FA appinted ref who abandoned it. If the FA can pay all those millions for Fabio Capello they can compensate clubs expenses when a game through no fault of their own is abandoned.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:56 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:My issue is whether you agree or don't agree about the decision to abandon the game. It was ultimately the FA appinted ref who abandoned it. If the FA can pay all those millions for Fabio Capello they can compensate clubs expenses when a game through no fault of their own is abandoned.

EXACTLY....tonights best post.....BRILLIANT SUGGESTION
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:59 pm

steve mfc wrote:If they were to play it on Tuesday the 9th it would mean playing when champions league football is on the TV, but it would be better than having supporters paying twice in the space of three days, and probably a much larger crowd.

If we were to play on the 9th, I think it would have implications for when a potential replay would take place given a busy festive period of fixtures
campdave

Postby steve mfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:06 pm

campdave wrote:
steve mfc wrote:If they were to play it on Tuesday the 9th it would mean playing when champions league football is on the TV, but it would be better than having supporters paying twice in the space of three days, and probably a much larger crowd.

If we were to play on the 9th, I think it would have implications for when a potential replay would take place given a busy festive period of fixtures

I don't see how that comes into it with no midweek fixtures between now and Christmas.
steve mfc

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:08 pm

steve mfc wrote:
campdave wrote:

I don't see how that comes into it with no midweek fixtures between now and Christmas.

Aren't there usually 10 days or so between original match and replay (replays are always the second Tuesday after the original fixture, under police direction, as I understood it)
campdave

Postby steve mfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:17 pm

[/quote]

Aren't there usually 10 days or so between original match and replay (replays are always the second Tuesday after the original fixture, under police direction, as I understood it)[/quote]

Not sure about that but Accy played their replay against Tranmere on the Thursday after they drew on the Saturday.
steve mfc

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Aren't there usually 10 days or so between original match and replay

It's 10 days unless both clubs agree an earlier date. I've tried to find rules on admission prices to re-arranged games but none so far. The football league only give guidance on re-arranged league games, they don't have a rule for them.
Phoenix

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:58 pm

I don't see how that comes into it with no midweek fixtures between now and Christmas.[/quote]

apart from the Wigan game On December 22nd
Shrimpman

Postby BHmfc » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm

To clear up 1 point, FA regulations state that when a game is abandoned in the 2nd half, UP to full price can be charged for the re-match. In other words, from 1 pence up to full price can be charged.
BHmfc

Return to General Discussion