I want New Rules for Football.

I want New Rules for Football.

Postby Aspers » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:54 am

Harping on again I am frustrated about the crap games and boring draws I see on TV US INCLUDED. I would like to propose new rules in the points system

AWAY WIN 4 POINTS
HOME WIN 3 POINTS
AWAY SCORE DRAW 2 POINT
HOME OR GOALESS DRAW 1 POINT

A line across the pitch halfway into each teams half this is the OFFSIDE LINE.
Boring pissy off side just in your own half is killing the game.

Any team that does not get a shot in (like shot clock in basketball) within 5 minutes gives away a 18 yard penalty.(free shot on goal from edge of box).
And for goodness sake VIDEO EFFING REFFING.

My madness has now abated, I have taken my medicine.

See you maybe in thechat room Sat/Sun.
I have a function on sat eve so If I make it I will probably be pissed.
Aspers

Re: I want New Rules for Football.

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 am

I have been reading this board for quite a long time and joined it recently, you always seemed to be a quite level headed person, but this post of yours is a pile of shit, it is the type of toss that a yank would come out with , ie make the goals bigger, why not make defenders tie their laces together ,make the keeper wear a blindfold etc, football is fine as it is mate, sober up soon..
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:...make the keeper wear a blindfold etc,

Aspers was a goalkeeper.

Blindfold not needed :roll: :lol:

Agree PisD, total bollocks from Aspers!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 am

[quote]I have been reading this board for quite a long time and joined it recently, you always seemed to be a quite level headed person, but this post of yours is a pile of shit, it is the type of toss that a yank would come out with , ie make the goals bigger, why not make defenders tie their laces together ,make the keeper wear a blindfold etc, football is fine as it is mate, sober up soon..

No son what is wrong with football is the inability of the football association and people like you to realise that this beautiful game is going down the plug hole because of archaic laws.

The referees are just not good enough and we see it all too often the mistakes they make cost teams matches.
Is that fair NO. Option... video ref.
Teams catching other teams offside 1 metre in their own half, what good attacking football, I bet you just love that. NO nor me option change the stupid rule.
The shot clock I agree is silly but that was me hoping for a bite from someone 8-)

As for changing the points system. reward attacking football.
punish the dross boring lets sit back and get a point type football.
See take out that stupid comment about shot clock and 18 yard penalty and it 's not too bad.

You know I make sense, even when you think I don't

8-) 8-) 8-)
Aspers

Postby pompeyred » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:22 am

Aspers wrote:
AWAY WIN 4 POINTS
HOME WIN 3 POINTS
AWAY SCORE DRAW 2 POINT
HOME OR GOALESS DRAW 1 POINT

As for changing the points system. reward attacking football.
punish the dross boring lets sit back and get a point type football.
See take out that stupid comment about shot clock and 18 yard penalty and it 's not too bad.

You know I make sense, even when you think I don't

I was watching something about this on the TV. the other week and changing to 3 points for a win was supposed to achieve exactly what you (and most other football lovers) want, a free flowing attacking game. However it hasn't actually changed anything. There are no more goals being scored or chances on goal now than there was when you got 2 points for a win. Also I wouldn't want to see it end up like county cricket. I can imagine in 20 years a team getting 20 points for winning an away game because they got 5 pts for the win, a bonus 2 for winning away, 3 more for scoring more than 3 goals, 5 more pts for getting more than 15 shots on target and a bonus point for every player who didn’t get booked.

I think that the points system is adequate but I think that the officiating needs a shake up. IMO video refereeing would be good for ball crossing the line and off-sides, as to the way it is used in rugby league. I don’t think it would work for fouls though.

Two other things I would like to see dealt with more severely are simulation and intimidation. When a player goes sprawling in the box AND appeals for a penalty if you don’t give the penalty then you obviously don’t think a foul was committed therefore the player is cheating. Also I would like to see referees starting to book every single player (with the exception of the captains) who approaches them to remonstrate a decision, at the end of the day a ref is there to ensure fair play that’s all so if they feel threatened enough to have to start walking backwards then the offending player should be booked of for unsportsmanlike conduct as the laws of the game dictate. Granted there would be a period of about a fortnight where most games up and down the country would be getting abandoned at 5-a-side but people would soon learn.

Finally, let people celebrate scoring goals again without getting booked!
pompeyred

Postby The Marksman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:38 am

I'd guess you're looking for a few more bites, so I'm going to indulge you.

Aspers wrote:The referees are just not good enough and we see it all too often the mistakes they make cost teams matches.
Is that fair NO. Option... video ref.

I know they're not, but really video reffing is only viable at the highest level, which I think would make Premier League football seem even more elitist and removed from grass roots football than it does at the moment.

Players make mistakes too, which also cost teams matches. Not quite the same thing I realise, but people are human and therefore fallible.

Aspers wrote:Teams catching other teams offside 1 metre in their own half, what good attacking football, I bet you just love that. NO nor me option change the stupid rule.

Just horseshit. Players shouldn't be so shit that they're caught offside one metre into the opposition half, it's their fault, not the fault of the rules. Nothing wrong with this rule.

Aspers wrote:As for changing the points system. reward attacking football.

You may have something with this. It might be worth experimenting with, if only to try to stop two teams settling for a point each. After all, it's not that long ago that it was two points for a win.
The Marksman

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:27 am

4 point away win for Aspers :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:41 am

What a sorry bunch we are , chipping in on this silly post, theres a credit crunch, and an fa cup match to deal with, we are now supporting a very attack minded team that still ca not hit a cows arse with a banjo, lets all forget silly rule changes that will not happen and get behind our lads today, bring on the mighty Cheltenham!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby pompeyred » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:37 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:What a sorry bunch we are , chipping in on this silly post, theres a credit crunch, and an fa cup match to deal with, we are now supporting a very attack minded team that still ca not hit a cows arse with a banjo, lets all forget silly rule changes that will not happen and get behind our lads today, bring on the mighty Cheltenham!!!

I don't think this is an issue of supporting the team or not, to me its just an open minded expression of views as to how people would change our game for the better if they could. I mean its not like someone started a thread about the grounds PA system when the club wont change it with a ground move on the horizon. :roll:
pompeyred

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:01 pm

As usual Phoenix got the gist of the thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Return to General Discussion