More bums on seats at Bratfud, or just making up the numbers

More bums on seats at Bratfud, or just making up the numbers

Postby John L » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 pm

John L

Re: More bums on seats at Bratfud, or just making up the numbers

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Fair play to Bradford, I think it's a great way to maximise the resources they have at their disposal; a massive catchment area and a large stadium. Wish we were so lucky!

It would be interesting to see what sort of crowds they would get without these offers and compare the takings to current match day income.

Also, looking to the future they are not irradiating their future fan base (youngsters) by charging a price that makes it too costly for families to attend most games.
RedRedWine1

Postby campdave » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, I for one won't be back until they reduce away admission prices. Whilst I think what they are doing in terms of their own fans is great, I'm sick of the fact they rip off away supporters constantly being glossed over while the media tells us how wonderful they are.

Twats.
campdave

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:50 pm

There is the issue that you point out CampDave, seems rather unfair on the away fans who fork out full price. If you could buy a season ticket for the away end (doubtful) then it would probably be worth getting in touch with fans from all the other clubs and splitting the cost.

Based on 23 league games income from one seat used at every game £460, as apposed to a season ticket possibly as low as £99 (£361 adverse)!
RedRedWine1

Postby badger » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:46 pm

I think morecambe should charge the away fans the same price that we have to pay when we go to there grounds.
badger

Postby Abbo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:28 pm

I may be wrong but i think we have one of the lowest admission prices in the whole of the football league for both home and away fans, yet we get charged extortionat prices when we goto other grounds. what i want to know is why our club dont put the prices up when these clubs come to Christie ???
Abbo

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:43 pm

I think under football league rules the home side has to charge the supporters of the away team the same for admission, unless the facilities on offer in the part of the ground where away fans are situated differ to that of the home supporters (hence Steve Vaughn putting seats in the away end at Chester to put the price up, cynical me?).
RedRedWine1

Postby Freez » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:42 am

In the real world many clubs still flagrantly abuse that rule.
Have paid more in the away end than than the home end at Oldham and Blackburn recently, nice!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:27 am

Freez wrote:Have paid more in the away end than than the home end at Oldham and Blackburn recently, nice!

When did Morecambe play Blackbum?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:57 am

You are allowed to watch other teams games, and even in some extreme cases, other sports! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Wednesdayite » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Fair play to bradford. Attendances at hillsborough are falling faster than HBOS shares at the moment and thats due in the main to the ticket prices. Last home match was £28 me and £14 for my nipper...its becoming very expensive in the current climate. Went to blackpool last night and that was 28 and 16 !!!.......and thats to sit on a scaffold, at least at hillsborough theres a seat and a roof... ;)

..ah well, least we won so maybe it was worth it...? :D
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Ouch!

£16 a kid is terrible, £14 isn't much better. Where do these clubs think the fans of the future will come from. It's more expensive than an adult ticket at Christie!

You could watch two Morecambe games for that, and still have plenty of change to get half-time pie-all-in's (meat&pot Pie, gravy and mushy peas) and beers.

You know it makes sense! 8-)
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:14 am

Freez wrote:You are allowed to watch other teams games, and even in some extreme cases, other sports! :lol:

That's just silly! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby firthy_SexGod » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Fair play to Bradford, I think it's a great way to maximise the resources they have at their disposal; a massive catchment area and a large stadium. Wish we were so lucky!

It would be interesting to see what sort of crowds they would get without these offers and compare the takings to current match day income.

Also, looking to the future they are not irradiating their future fan base (youngsters) by charging a price that makes it too costly for families to attend most games.

We'd average around 8,000-9,000 without the ST Scheme and anything from 10,000+ if we're doing well. We haven't averaged under 8,200+ for 14 years or more.

As for away fans, feel free to put em' up to 20 squid when we play you, you'll still be guaranteed a BraTFud INVAYSHARRN. :lol:
firthy_SexGod

Postby John L » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:50 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:you'll still be guaranteed a BraTFud INVAYSHARRN. :lol:

....and three points again!!! 8-)
John L

Postby leedsutd » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 am

Wednesdayite wrote:Fair play to bradford. Attendances at hillsborough are falling faster than HBOS shares at the moment and thats due in the main to the ticket prices. Last home match was £28 me and £14 for my nipper...its becoming very expensive in the current climate. Went to blackpool last night and that was 28 and 16 !!!.......and thats to sit on a scaffold, at least at hillsborough theres a seat and a roof... ;)

you lot had such a lucky escape from bates and his ludicrous ticketing policy.

£32 in the main stand v hartlepool, same for kids.
plus £1-50 each ticket booking fee (bates tax).

who in their right mind would pay £67 for one adult and one child to watch 3rd div football. :roll:
leedsutd

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:19 am

leedsutd wrote:
Wednesdayite wrote:Fair play to bradford. Attendances at hillsborough are falling faster than HBOS shares at the moment and thats due in the main to the ticket prices. Last home match was £28 me and £14 for my nipper...its becoming very expensive in the current climate. Went to blackpool last night and that was 28 and 16 !!!.......and thats to sit on a scaffold, at least at hillsborough theres a seat and a roof... ;)

you lot had such a lucky escape from bates and his ludicrous ticketing policy.

£32 in the main stand v hartlepool, same for kids.
plus £1-50 each ticket booking fee (bates tax).

who in their right mind would pay £67 for one adult and one child to watch 3rd div football. :roll:

who we would I don't get to many Leeds games anymore I usually go to a few a season but one of the problems is travel then paying to get in...It costs about £100 to watch the Mighty Leeds...When on the other hand I can watch Morecambe my local club for £25 incl everything!!!!
thegentlegiant

Return to General Discussion