o/t Survivor on BBC 1

o/t Survivor on BBC 1

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:12 pm

I was really looking forward to this from the previews but what a disappointment, a complete load of bollocks! Hmm... woman awakes after three days, calls her husband, no response so she goes for a shower... obviously. Not a drink, or go down stairs looking for him? Bloke driving through Manchester finds a kid still alive, do they both say "thank f*** for that, everyone else is dead!!!" or do they have a chat about not taking rides with strangers? A prisoner & a guard survive... how lucky, the prisoner has a knife to kill the guard with? Having killed the guard, he throws the knife down, doesn't take the guards tazar, he just runs off down the corridor. Oh, and for good measure, he doesn't take the guard's keys either. So two survive in a prison of what? 400? but in a hospital of a couple of thousand only one person survives...

Given up on it already.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: o/t Survivor on BBC 1

Postby Freez » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:25 am

I am told it is a re-make of the early 70's BBC show.
Didn't watch it myself bit what did occur to me was the coincidental economic downturn that is taking place now was happening when the original serious aired.
Increasing oil prices, swathing downsizing and job cuts, the three day week etc were all happening around then.
Obviously a coincidence as these things invariably take four or five years to get to the screen but wierd never the less!!

So it's all the BBC's fault.
Sack Ross and give every licence payer a 10p rebate, anybody?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Freez wrote:I am told it is a re-make of the early 70's BBC show.

I think the original was a form of rabies that mutated so it could spread without being bitten or something? I think I was about seven and thought it was ace. If you are seven now, you probably enjoyed yesterdays serving.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby harry-g » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I'm 15 And Thought It Was Quality. :)
harry-g

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Keith wrote:I was really looking forward to this from the previews but what a disappointment, a complete load of bollocks! Hmm... woman awakes after three days, calls her husband, no response so she goes for a shower... obviously. Not a drink, or go down stairs looking for him? Bloke driving through Manchester finds a kid still alive, do they both say "thank f*** for that, everyone else is dead!!!" or do they have a chat about not taking rides with strangers? A prisoner & a guard survive... how lucky, the prisoner has a knife to kill the guard with? Having killed the guard, he throws the knife down, doesn't take the guards tazar, he just runs off down the corridor. Oh, and for good measure, he doesn't take the guard's keys either. So two survive in a prison of what? 400? but in a hospital of a couple of thousand only one person survives...

Given up on it already.

Couldn't agree more. I usually like this sort of thing but this is an absolute yawn-fest. That Dead Set on E4 a few weeks ago was good though.
durhamshrimp

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 am

The original was written by Terry Nation [who wrote Blake 7]. I thought the BBC's new version was pretty good and I am looking forward to the second episode.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Freez » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:02 am

Terr Nation, surely most famous as the creator of THE DALEKS? :o (Hides behind sofa)
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 am

Freez wrote:Terr Nation, surely most famous as the creator of THE DALEKS? :o (Hides behind sofa)

certainly was

would you like a jelly baby?
Shrimpsscene

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:14 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:That Dead Set on E4 a few weeks ago was good though.

Anything that Charlie Brooker does is okay by me. Missed it but will try to catch a repeat.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby MorecambeMickey » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:13 pm

shrimper wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:That Dead Set on E4 a few weeks ago was good though.

Anything that Charlie Brooker does is okay by me. Missed it but will try to catch a repeat.

Did you catch last weeks Screenwipe? "Brand sat cross legged in the corner... not having sex".
MorecambeMickey

Return to General Discussion