Team for tuesday night.....

Team for tuesday night.....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm

will be interesting to see who plays on tuesday night at bournemouth.....will jimbo be fit will mcgivern still be with us etc ?? personally i would go with this team if all available roche mccann artell bentley mcstay adams drummond stanley mcclachlan howe carlton - i would also be happy with a draw even though they are a struggling team....what does everyone else think ??
Howe Magic

Re: Team for tuesday night.....

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 pm

McGivern won't be playing as he will be back with Man. City tomorrow so won't travel. Hopefully Jimbo will be fit but it seems they will leave it till late before they make a decision (and he needs to be on good form for his presentation on Wed. night ;) ) Will be interesting which system we play as much as who is in the starting 11. I think Parrish will be involved somewhere, although DA will obviously take his left back position :roll:

It's certainly a game we don't want to lose and we don't want to travel all that way to come back empty handed.
Talking of which did you see how hard the Exeter fans celebrated after their goal yesterday - they certainly realised how they had been let off the hook :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:18 pm

totally agree marky - great effort from the 150ish exeter fans who travelled yesterday (hope we are celebrating as much on tuesday night)
Howe Magic

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 pm

will be interesting to see who plays on tuesday night at bournemouth.....will jimbo be fit will mcgivern still be with us etc ?? personally i would go with this team if all available roche mccann artell bentley mcstay adams drummond stanley mcclachlan howe carlton - i would also be happy with a draw even though they are a struggling team....what does everyone else think ??

i agree, just aslong as we keep the same system Parrish for Bentley[if still injured]
George Dawes

Postby BHmfc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Whatever the team is (taking into account injuries and loans) the formation SM decides to go with is equally important. Since we started playing 5-3-2 we've looked a far stronger team. Yesterday when Bentley limped off, we reverted to the old 4-4-2 and we were awful. With the 5-3-2 system we are more fluid, with the full backs pushing forward supporting the midfield, who in turn have more freedom to make those much needed runs into the box. McLachlans done well since his return, he's not flash or particulary skillfull, but breaks up the opposition play and never allows the opposition time on the ball, i don't know why he was subbed yesterday but i hope both him and Bentley are playing Tuesday.
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:04 pm

For me the difference has been Mc since he came back into the fold.

He's the type of player who you don't notice but gets on with his role to the very best of his ability.

I now understand why Sammy was so keen to give him another contract despite last years unfortunate incident. He's what i call 'a muck and nettles' player. Somebody who gets stuck in.....in fact the type of player every successful team has in its ranks.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Would that be a Henry Mc or a Fraser Mc, neil?
morecambe mick

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:11 pm

or McG or McI or McC?
Phoenix

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

McL.......mind you the other Mcs haven't done too badly.... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby fretz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:02 pm

yates said he would probably ok for tuesday ;)
fretz

Return to General Discussion