McGivern

McGivern

Postby wonder shrimp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:57 pm

i happen to be in NI and i'm going to be in belfast on weds night, when NI play hungary and tickets are still on general sale so i thought i'd go down to windsor park and watch a morecambe player in an international match! now i read he might be injured :-(

how bad was the injury?

if he does play, will i be watching the first morecambe player (kind of) playing in an international?
wonder shrimp

Re: McGivern

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:01 pm

not sure how injured he was ;) but it was a very physical game and not the sort a young quality player would have played in very often.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:36 pm

He took a really bad knock on his foot/ankle after about half an hour and limped off to the side with Edgy. Edgy had him running up and down the touchline infront of us trying to run it off and he went back on although at first he still didn't look comfortable. It can't have been that bad though or they wouldn't have played him for the majority of the game. I would think it depends if there has been any reaction/bruising overnight.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

The full squad is:
Goalkeepers: Maik Taylor (Birmingham City); Alan Mannus (Linfield); Jonathan Tuffey (Partick Thistle):

Defenders: Chris Baird (Fulham); Gareth McAuley (Ipswich Town); Jonathan Evans (Manchester United); George McCartney (Sunderland); Aaron Hughes (Fulham); Michael Duff (Burnley); Ryan McGivern (Manchester City- on loan at Morecambe):

Midfielders: Steven Davis (Rangers); Michael O'Connor (Crewe Alexandra); Dean Shiels (Hibernian); Keith Gillespie (Sheffield United); Grant McCann (Scunthorpe United); Chris Brunt (WBA); Niall McGinn (Derry City); Sammy Clingan (Norwich City):

Forwards: David Healy (Sunderland); Warren Feeney (Cardiff City-on loan at Dundee United); Kyle Lafferty (Rangers); Peter Thompson (Stockport County); Martin Paterson (Burnley):
nobbyshrimp

Postby campdave » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 am

I'd heartily recommend you go down regardless of whether McGivern plays or not - there's always a fantastic atmosphere at Windsor Park
campdave

Postby halfwayliner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Especialy in the Edinburgh Club afterwards :D
halfwayliner

Postby John L » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 pm

In line for a start tomorrow night, and expecting to make his last appearance for us this Saturday....
http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1458632,00.html
John L

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:17 pm

I thought his loan deal was until the turn of the year.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm

the 18-year old will play the final game of his one-month loan deal at Morecambe this Saturday and an extension is likely...

..."I have even managed to get on the score-sheet but at the moment Saturday will be my final game for Morecambe.

"I'm very grateful for Sammy giving me my chance in the League because it has improved my game already and helped to toughen me up.

"An extension of that loan is something I will look at and even if I leave them after Saturday, I think I will go out on loan again but that will be up to Manchester City.

Is that a typo? Should it be an extension is 'unlikely'?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 pm

me too I though he was with us untill 31st January
heysham_mfc

Postby wonder shrimp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm

i think tickets are still on sale so it looks like i'm definitely going. i'm staying fairly close to windsor park (i have an interview at queens) so i might as well pop along! i really hope mcgivern stays as when i've seen him he has looked v. good and i think he can do a really good job for us.

a few times i've talked footy with NI folks and they all mention sammy, i think he's still pretty popular (at least well known!) over there, i found out about his contract extension from the belfast rag! perhaps an 'overseas' pre-season friendly would be a good idea at some point??
wonder shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 pm

wonder shrimp wrote:i think tickets are still on sale so it looks like i'm definitely going. i'm staying fairly close to windsor park (i have an interview at queens) so i might as well pop along! i really hope mcgivern stays as when i've seen him he has looked v. good and i think he can do a really good job for us.

a few times i've talked footy with NI folks and they all mention sammy, i think he's still pretty popular (at least well known!) over there, i found out about his contract extension from the belfast rag! perhaps an 'overseas' pre-season friendly would be a good idea at some point??

Pre-season tour to NI would be great. Maybe three games over a 5 day period?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion