Hmmmm ? Who's it to be ?

Hmmmm ? Who's it to be ?

Postby CASS » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 pm

I have been thinking ...Game tonight will decide our F.A. cup rivals.Who are we rooting for ?
On the one hand Cheltenham,not going at all well and poss the best chance to crack on to the next round,but cannot see the gate being that big. Or Oldham,just on the fringe of a play off position at the moment and geographicaly well placed to see a decent crowd.The best scenario
would be for us to beat Oldham at the first attempt the worst would be for us to draw with Cheltenham ..
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:26 pm

dont mind who we get in round 2 because either game will be tough,but we are at home so lets give it ago and who knows who will be waiting for us in round 3
Howe Magic

Re: Hmmmm ? Who's it to be ?

Postby Christies Child » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Bring on whoever!

It'll be difficult but no doubt Sammy and Mark will be 'on the front' row tonight. planning and scheming the downfall of yet another League 1 club.

:) :) :) :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mfc:) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 pm

I think both set of fans would bring a big following who ever we may be playing and i think we can beat who ever gets put in front of us but shall be a very hard game.
mfc:)

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Yes bring em on C.C ;)

I hope it's Cheltenham for obvious reasons but Oldham have earned the right to another crack at it coming back from 2-0 down to earn a replay, saying that Shez only has 2 out of the 6 strikers he has on the books available for tonight so it could be tough, maybe he'll end up doing a Sammy and putting his centre half to centre forward should the need arise?
HALMA 1983

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Although Oldham would be a cracking Lancashire derby, with a larger crowd and a possibility of live TV, I think I would prefer Cheltenham. Cheltenham are undoubtedly weaker at the moment and we'd have a better chance of beating them.

With Oldhams unavailability of key strikers, Hughes, Byfield and Davies tonight, I can see Cheltenham springing a surprise. Either way I'm really looking forward to this one and hope the lads can put us in the third round draw!
Burnley Shrimp

Return to General Discussion