Carltons loan term.

Carltons loan term.

Postby wijit » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:32 pm

As we will miss the Exeter game and Wee Man is after meeting Danny, does anyone know if he's still going to be with us for the Darlington game at the Pie?
wijit

Re: Carltons loan term.

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 am

If the loan is one month as seems correct, then home to Darlington will be his final game?? But I may be wrong. :(
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby pompeyred » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:11 pm

I hope that he plays against Darlington as it will be my first game of the season due to work and money. Unfortunatly the only way I can afford to get over it to bring 4 Darlington fans with me in the car...I really hope we win and after last year I hope that we dont get to many corners!
pompeyred

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 pm

....more to the point is DC available for the Cup game?

Apology if this has already been discussed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 pm

I would guess we won't know that until after Carlisle's replay. If they win, they may not want him cup tied, if they go out, I think they would let him play...

...obviously, if there is already a long term deal negotiated for January, he may be able to play even if Carlisle go through :shock: :roll: :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

Keith wrote:I would guess we won't know that until after Carlisle's replay. If they win, they may not want him cup tied, if they go out, I think they would let him play...

...obviously, if there is already a long term deal negotiated for January, he may be able to play even if Carlisle go through :shock: :roll: :roll:

I do not think that this is the case Keith. I wouldn't have thought that Carlisle would allow a caretaker manager to off-load players.
Besides don't you think he's too good for this league?
morecambe mick

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 am

I didn't say I thought that was the case!

Not sure about the 'too good for Division 2', perhaps he'd benefit from a period in this league to get used to scoring against league standard defenders, ie, be a good player in this league rather than a bench warmer in division 1? Certainly, Carlisle fans appear happy to see him go, while we're delighted to see him arrive?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 am

I never said that I belived you thought that was the case, merely personalising the reply.

Besides don't you think he's too good for this league?

Is a question intended to stimulate debate.

Personally I believe the player would have benefitted from a season in the league with us. As did Thommo and Baker.

Without doubt, in my mind, that would have also given us the benefit of another years service from Danny.

It must be easier to play, therefore develop, playing infront of friendly home fans. Rather than the baying for blood, high expectations of some fans.

That is not specifically aimed at Carlisle either, before our Cumbrian friends get too defensive. :)
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 am

morecambe mick wrote: playing infront of friendly home fans.

have you been in the main stand recently Mick? :lol:

Agree with what you say there but I think we would still have to move somebody along if we were to keep Danny longer, this all came about because of the injury list and at the moment Edgy seems to have a magic wand :roll:

By the way the mainstanders currently seem quite content :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby The Marksman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:08 pm

At the risk of being flamed for negativity, I don't remember Danny exactly being a world-beater even at Conference level. I'm pleased he's here and hope he does well, and he put in a decent shift on Saturday, but I wouldn't say we'd need to keep him past the end of the injury crisis given how much we'd have to pay him.
The Marksman

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:51 pm

The Marksman wrote:At the risk of being flamed for negativity, I don't remember Danny exactly being a world-beater even at Conference level. I'm pleased he's here and hope he does well, and he put in a decent shift on Saturday, but I wouldn't say we'd need to keep him past the end of the injury crisis given how much we'd have to pay him.

Where did you get the insight into "how much we'd have to pay him"?

I didn't realise it was public knowledge.
morecambe mick

Postby The Marksman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:07 am

You make a fair point, it's all assumption, but I would assume he's on a fair amount at a League One club, more than most (if not all) of our players. Wouldn't that be a fair thing to guess?
The Marksman

Postby wijit » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:41 am

The Marksman wrote:At the risk of being flamed for negativity, I don't remember Danny exactly being a world-beater even at Conference level. I'm pleased he's here and hope he does well, and he put in a decent shift on Saturday, but I wouldn't say we'd need to keep him past the end of the injury crisis given how much we'd have to pay him.

We don't have world beaters, but what we do have in a few players, are some lads who are fighting below their weight. Danny falls into that category. For whatever reason we have had several players who you would look at and think they're avareage, but we are fortunate that we have staff, management and supporters who can bring the best out of them. I personally think you'll see exactly why we'd do well to keep him.
wijit

Return to General Discussion