Lucky green shirt!!

Lucky green shirt!!

Postby Aal » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:45 pm

A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to be given the green 'One game, one community' shirt worn by Stanners in the warm up before the Aldershot game.

I put it on over my coat and we promptly went on to win 2-0. I wore it again at home to Grimsby last week. Result 2-1 win. I wore it again whilst watching Sky Sports News today. Result won 2-1. Think I need to wear it again next week!!

By the way I was wearing something else on Nov 4th when we lost to Tranmere.

This sort of thing can make you superstitous ;) ;)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Re: Lucky green shirt!!

Postby small » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:06 pm

You must be a bit tight on cash if you are wearing that week in week out lol ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
small

Postby Aal » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Yes I am a bit tight on cash!!! To be honest tho green is not my colour so I will only wear it in a football context :D
Aal

Postby Aal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:45 am

Thought it was going to work again yesterday. Still we are unbeaten when I wear the shirt.

Am not going to wear it on Tuesday night, and if we lose I'll take that as a sign that it needs to return for Saturday!!
Aal

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:54 pm

Aal wrote:Am not going to wear it on Tuesday night, and if we lose I'll take that as a sign that it needs to return for Saturday!!

yeah, you don't want to use up all its magic too soon do you? :roll: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Aal wrote:A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to be given the green 'One game, one community' shirt worn by Stanners in the warm up before the Aldershot game.

I put it on over my coat and we promptly went on to win 2-0. I wore it again at home to Grimsby last week. Result 2-1 win. I wore it again whilst watching Sky Sports News today. Result won 2-1. Think I need to wear it again next week!!

Superstitious nonsense! Just think about it for more than two seconds and you'll realise how daft it is to believe in any of this guff. How old are you? 12?

That's what I say to myself every time I have my second cup of coffee (has to be two, no more no fewer) from my 1980s Shrimps mug every match day. (Oh and NOBODY is allowed to touch it, let alone use it - not even me - on a non-match day, cos, erm that would make the magic go away).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby outsider » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Me and the lad parked at the other end of the road from normal and walked a different way to the ground, just for the last 3 home game tho :? :? :? spooky but even he said " dad we need to walk this way on Saturday " :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:44 pm

shrimper wrote:
Aal wrote:A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to be given the green 'One game, one community' shirt worn by Stanners in the warm up before the Aldershot game.

Superstitious nonsense! Just think about it for more than two seconds and you'll realise how daft it is to believe in any of this guff. How old are you? 12?

That's what I say to myself every time I have my second cup of coffee (has to be two, no more no fewer) from my 1980s Shrimps mug every match day. (Oh and NOBODY is allowed to touch it, let alone use it - not even me - on a non-match day, cos, erm that would make the magic go away).

Come on Shrimper we must have lost at least one match since you've had that mug? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 am

Next thing you know, he'll be telling us he's got an imaginary friend who drinks from it too! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Good job sensible people don't have superstitions around football... eh Mark? 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:34 am

ezz wrote:
shrimper wrote:

Come on Shrimper we must have lost at least one match since you've had that mug? :lol:

Oh, absolutely - complete nonsense but it doesn't stop you feeling guilty if you don't do it and then we lose.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion