Chester 1 Morecambe 2 FT

Chester 1 Morecambe 2 FT

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Teams:

Chester: Danby, James Vaughan, Linwood, Roberts, Wilson, Harris, Barry, Hughes, Ellison, Lowe, Johnson 1 goal.

Subs: McManus, Rutherford, Partridge, Kelly, Rule.

Morecambe: Roche, Bentley, Adams, McStay, Parrish, Stanley 1 goal, Drummond, McLachlan, McGivern, Howe 1 goal, Carlton.

Subs: Scott Davies, Artell, Wainwright, O'Carroll, Taylor.

Carlton starts upfront.

KO 3PM
Last edited by thegentlegiant on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 0 Morecambe 0

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 pm

for goal updates keep checking this post.
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 0 Morecambe 0

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Will do Cheers

join in the live chat if you want

http://www.chatzy.com/466404357191

password - shrimps (lowercase)
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Re: Chester 0 Morecambe 1

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Gooooaaaaallllll!!!! Morecambe - Craig Stanley 32mins
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 0 Morecambe 2 gooooaaaalllllllll!!!!

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Gooooaaaaallllll!!!! Morecambe - Rene Howe pen 56mins
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 0 Morecambe 2 gooooaaaalllllllll!!!!

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:29 pm

get in you shrimps!!! sounds like carlton is having a good game.
forces shrimp

Re: Chester 1 Morecambe 2 gooooaaaalllllllll!!!!

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:29 pm

1 - 2 goal - chester - eddie johnson
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 1 Morecambe 2 gooooaaaalllllllll!!!!

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm

any one no whats happening there?
forces shrimp

Re: Chester 1 Morecambe 2

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:36 pm

Chester are pressing forward...trying to get another goal but it is leaving chester open...Our defence sounds like its holding up...It's going to be a long 20 minutes!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby forces shrimp » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:41 pm

at least we got some pace up front to counter there attacks
forces shrimp

Postby 4G63 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Adams sent off
Ellison sent off

And now Fraser is injured
4G63

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 pm

5 mins injury time...

Sounds like a very scrapy end to the game!
thegentlegiant

Re: Chester 1 Morecambe 2 FT

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Full Time and thank god....Unbeliveable stuff....Wish i had been there to watch that one....Screaming and shouting in the office.Not good!!!!

Well played Morecambe!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby 4G63 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:06 pm

3 points in the bag :)

I hope Fraser's injury isn't too serious.
4G63

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:09 pm

4G63 wrote:3 points in the bag :)

I hope Fraser's injury isn't too serious.

Sure is!!! I hope so too....Hopefully he will be playing against exeter!!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

A very entertaining game today. I thought we played really well in the 1st half and Danny could/should have scored with a header in the first couple of mins. We ran the show in the first half and it was mainly us pressing forward stanley missed a good chance early on and then made up for it with his goal and a nice lay off from danny for the assist. We deserved the lead at half times.

The second half Chester seemed to have all the possesion from kick off and we seemed to be under presure for large periods. Just before the pen we hadn't been in their half for a while but Rene made a good break and ran into their half to relieve some pressure before danny was taken down. I wasn't convinced the Pen had gone in seemed to hit it very soft and it just crept into the bottom corner. We let them back into the game by giving their left winger far to much time for the majority of the half before he put his cross in for their goal he had all the time in the world. A number a times there seemed to be acres of space for him down that side. In the end we were hanging on a bit and Chester still had us under a lot of pressure.

Danny was full of running like always and injected some much needed pace into the team. A couple of times he was able to break to relieve some pressure and I thought him and Howe had good games holding the ball up well and causing them a few problems.

I thought Chester were very dirty today and a few of the tackles were a bit nasty I hope Fraser and McGiven are ok after getting nasty knocks also wainwright was down for a while just after he came on. With the current injury problems and now Adams suspended the last thing we need is for more players to be out after getting knocks today.

I am sure if we keep playing like we have in the last 3 league games we will make midtable quite easily. The league table is looking a lot better especially after taking 3 points today from a team near us, just a shame Accy got a good win or we could have caught them up as well.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:35 am

Well, it wasn't pretty and we rode our look a times but the three points at Chester represents the first league victory on the road since February. I'm glad we have beaten the monkey on our back (not literally, don't get the RSPCA on me).

It wasn't vintage shrimps today. I've seen us play much better away (Bury) and gain nothing, but hey, that's football. Chester had most of the possession in both stanzas, but didn't really create that many chances when you consider the amount of ball they had. What got through was brilliantly dealt with by Roache. The save low down to his left with his fists in the opening stages was superb. Lowe looked dangerous for them, other than him though I thought they looked quite a poor side.

Great build-up for our first goal, nice little dummy by Danny and a tidy finish from Stanner's who really should have scored moments prior to his goal after being put through one vs. one. Thought Overall Danny had a good game. He didn't actually do much with the ball, but his presence on the field and running seemed to create space for others. Also, do you think Danny has grasped the off-side rule since he has been away? He was not pulled up that often from memory.

Thought Carlton's pen looked soft, but it was evened up by the absolute ineptness of the linesmen on our side who failed to give what was a clear handball outside the area by the Chester keeper, from which Chester scored moments later (looked soft also, would like to see it again).

Silly second yellow by Adams. Ellison was going anyway after stupidly grabbing one of our players by the throat, no need to get involved, he's hardly a UN peace keeping representative! What made it worse was that Sammy had just made a tactical change, Adams getting sent-off completely undermined that change and forced Sammy to improvise with the injury-hit bench he had at his disposal. Luckily it mattered not.

Chester were a very dirty side, I hope Fraser is ok. The most impressive thing to me about today's performance is how clinical we were with the ball, we rarely wasted it. When the ball went forward, it did so with purpose. Howe's effort from distance in the second half that had the keeper sprawling looked close and would have been an absolute screamer of a goal. Couldn't really tell how close it was from my angle.

Delighted with the three points.

On something completely different, the £10 charged as entrance fee for kids is a disgrace, no wonder only 1,200 Chester fans bothered turning up.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:20 am

RedRedWine wrote:...but the three points at Chester represents the first league victory on the road since February. I'm glad we have beaten the monkey on our back...

Double monkey slaying!

My first EVER Football League three points!!!

Oh yes, I failed to see the lads win a game FOR THE WHOLE OF LAST SEASON!!! :o

Thought the officials were incredibly poor [and I don't normally slag officials off]. Their keeper was well outside the area when he caught the ball while under pressure. So instead of them going down to ten men (or 3-0 up if he hadn't done) they went straight up the other end & scored! Mid-way through the first half I said that there would eventually be a red card because the ref had let the offences (by both sides, but more so Chester) become increasingly aggressive, so eventually it was bound to get too much or a player get hurt. I even shouted at the ref "are you waiting for someone to get hurt before you start booking them?" Sadly for Frazer, that is exactly what he did.)

A good three points from a very poor looking team at a club that never ceases to amaze. The thug of a chairman appointing a wife beating, racist, player's wife shagging, thoroughly unpleasant twat of a human being as manager... after sacking him twice???
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Castaway » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 am

Silly second yellow by Adams. Ellison was going anyway after stupidly grabbing one of our players by the throat, no need to get involved, he's hardly a UN peace keeping representative! What made it worse was that Sammy had just made a tactical change, Adams getting sent-off completely undermined that change and forced Sammy to improvise with the injury-hit bench he had at his disposal. Luckily it mattered not.

I saw this differently. Ellison grabbed Adams by the throat after he had pushed him, so only got the red after Danny was already due a yellow. That was one of the few decisions the officials got right all game. Although having said that, Chester fans on Devachat thought it was for a stamp on Fraser?

For what it's worth, Danny's first booking was pretty stupid for time wasting.
Castaway

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:31 am

Danny spent no more time over that throw-in than any of the other players did yesterday. Chester players however were making a point of it because we were 2-1 up, Danny was made an example and later suffered for it.

And for Keith, catching the ball outside the area that turned the game;

DSC04974.jpg
DSC04974.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Postby outsider » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:42 am

as that pic shows his feet were outside the box, but i thought he caught it inside as he was falling backwards. But i was nearer the half way line so my angle might have been miss leading
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:48 am

I thought he was running forward then stopped to lean back and catch it, Ian thought the same. If either foot had been outside the box then it would have been handball.

There's also some confusion over Danny's first booking, if you commit an offence with a throw-in, isn't the throw-in taken by the other team?
Phoenix

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:Danny spent no more time over that throw-in than any of the other players did yesterday. Chester players however were making a point of it because we were 2-1 up, Danny was made an example and later suffered for it.

And for Keith, catcing the ball outside the area that turned the game;

DSC04974.jpg

:?: :?: :?:

:lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Not sure why a typo is so funny but if it amuses you .....
Phoenix

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:Not sure why a typo is so funny but if it amuses you .....

Just shows that even the best of us can make a boob...albeit unintentional....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion