Possible line up for Chester match....

Possible line up for Chester match....

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:08 pm

with danny back in the fold today....how about this team for the chester match on saturday - roche adams mcstay bentley mcgivern stanley drummond mcclachlan wainwright ocarroll carlton subs davies artell parrish mccann taylor (With yates injured we will probably have to go 4 4 2)
Howe Magic

Re: Possible line up for Chester match....

Postby T- Shrimp » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Or we could just put Mccann there
T- Shrimp

Postby MorecambeMickey » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Howe Magic wrote:with danny back in the fold today....how about this team for the chester match on saturday - roche adams mcstay bentley mcgivern stanley drummond mcclachlan wainwright ocarroll carlton subs davies artell parrish mccann taylor (With yates injured we will probably have to go 4 4 2)

Not necessarily, McCann had a good game when he replaced him. Actually thought we improved as a result
MorecambeMickey

Postby Mr Munnings » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:58 pm

I think McCann is suspended

Roche
Parrish Bentley McStay Adams McGivern
Stanley Drummond McLachlan Wainwright
Carlton
Mr Munnings

Postby steve mfc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:I think McCann is suspended

Roche
Parrish Bentley McStay Adams McGivern
Stanley Drummond McLachlan Wainwright
Carlton

That's right he is suspended from the 15/11/08, no end date, so i take it is only for one game.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:38 am

A lot will depend on Parrish and McGivern's illnesses. If one or more isn't better then Artell might come back into the reckoning. If Sammy doesn't see Parrish as a wing-back then he may revert to 4-4-2 and Wainwright may get another run.

If they recover I'd expect

Roche

Parrish McStay Bentley Adams, McGivern

McLachlan

Stanley, Drummond

O'Carroll, Carlton
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Are they 'down' with a similar virus that attacked DA?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Original Shrimpster » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Curtis and McGivern participated in light training on Monday, so I presume they will be close to a first team return on Saturday. The current injury crisis means the inclusion of players such as McLachlan and O'Carroll who have failed to impress. However, assuming Curtis and McGivern are fit I would like to see the following line up:

......................................Roche......................................

.................Bentley............Artell.............Adams.................

McStay..............................................................McGivern

.....................................McLachlan.................................

........................Drummond.............Stanley.......................

...........................Carlton................Taylor.......................
Original Shrimpster

Postby campdave » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Original Shrimpster wrote:The current injury crisis means the inclusion of players such as McLachlan and O'Carroll who have failed to impress.

McLachlan's inclusion hasn't been anything to do with the injury crisis, it was to stop teams running through our midfield at will, and it's worked. He's played well since his return to the side - he may not be spectactular at passing or going forward, but is bloody excellent at the job he's in the side to do

I like O'Carroll too, hold the ball up more effectively than Howe in my opinion - we've given possession away less in the final third when he's been playing.

Express your opinion by all means, but don't phrase it in a way that makes it sound like you're speaking for everyone.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Well said matey!

Interestingly the original post from Original Shrimpster was the very first from the author.

Wonder if he also has a pair of binoculars... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

For me, McCann looked good when he came on for AY. He gave us that extra creativity in midfield and was quite impressive in his overall play.
Last edited by Christies Child on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Original Shrimpster » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:21 pm

campdave wrote:
Original Shrimpster wrote:The current injury crisis means the inclusion of players such as McLachlan and O'Carroll who have failed to impress.

McLachlan's inclusion hasn't been anything to do with the injury crisis, it was to stop teams running through our midfield at will, and it's worked. He's played well since his return to the side - he may not be spectactular at passing or going forward, but is bloody excellent at the job he's in the side to do

I like O'Carroll too, hold the ball up more effectively than Howe in my opinion - we've given possession away less in the final third when he's been playing.

Express your opinion by all means, but don't phrase it in a way that makes it sound like you're speaking for everyone.

And I thought the attitudes of the 'elite' members might have changed towards the 'outsiders' :roll:.

It was a completely innocent post, I just have strong views. O'Carroll has very little quality and is our worst striker by far in my opinion. He doesn't score which puts him behind every striker apart from Blinkhorn. However Blinkhorn holds the ball up well and brings other players into the attack.
Original Shrimpster

Postby campdave » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Original Shrimpster wrote:
And I thought the attitudes of the 'elite' members might have changed towards the 'outsiders' :roll:.

What's that got to do with anything - I disagreed with your opinion, and the way you phrased it. Nothing to do with anyone being elite, or anyone else being an outsider.

It's up to you if you agree or not with what I've said, but don't bring any kind of "them against us" crap into it.
campdave

Postby Original Shrimpster » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 pm

campdave wrote:

What's that got to do with anything - I disagreed with your opinion, and the way you phrased it. Nothing to do with anyone being elite, or anyone else being an outsider.

It's up to you if you agree or not with what I've said, but don't bring any kind of "them against us" crap into it.

I gave my opinions about the team. You gave your opinions about me...not acceptable
Original Shrimpster

Postby campdave » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I gave my opinions about the team. You gave your opinions about me...not acceptable

I gave my opinion about how you expressed your post. Different from criticising you in my book. Sorry if it caused offense.
campdave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Interestingly the original post from Original Shrimpster was the very first from the author.

Wonder if he also has a pair of binoculars... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

How does it matter if it's their first post or not?
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:17 am

"Carlton, who scored the winner in the 2007 Conference play-off final win, will start up front in the League Two clash at Chester City tomorrow."

"Young gun Aaron Taylor led the line superbly against Grimsby in their FA Cup win, scoring both goals, and he looks set to team up with Carlton tomorrow"

"Ryan McGivern, on loan from Manchester City, should return tomorrow after missing the cup tie with a virus"

http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/Carlt ... 4695058.jp

Is Mr. T fit?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 713339.stm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm

shrimper wrote:A lot will depend on Parrish and McGivern's illnesses. If one or more isn't better then Artell might come back into the reckoning. If Sammy doesn't see Parrish as a wing-back then he may revert to 4-4-2 and Wainwright may get another run.

If they recover I'd expect

Roche

Parrish McStay Bentley Adams, McGivern

McLachlan

Stanley, Drummond

O'Carroll, Carlton

As I said:

Roche

Parrish McStay Bentley Adams McGivern

McLachlan
Stanley Drummond

Howe Carlton
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby wijit » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:53 pm

I like the look of that!
wijit

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

On Radio Lancs just before 7 tonight, I think Sammy said that Howe wasn't ready yet, Twiss was nearly there, Curtis not fit, so I think Shrimper might be close to the line-up tomorrow, the only difficult one is who partners Carlton - Taylor or O'Carroll?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:38 pm

O'Carroll to start, Taylor coming on after about 75 minutes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:05 am

If we can believe the BBC!!?? :o :shock: Mr.(greatest ever left peg) T has "shaken off his ankle injury and will play against his former club whilst there are fitness tests for McGivern Curtis and Parrish. Carr and Lloyd are available."
Who do we believe, Sammy or the Beeb?? :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:19 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:If we can believe the BBC!!?? :o :shock: Mr.(greatest ever left peg) T has "shaken off his ankle injury and will play against his former club whilst there are fitness tests for McGivern Curtis and Parrish. Carr and Lloyd are available."
Who do we believe, Sammy or the Beeb?? :roll:

Don't believe any of them! There will be a bit of truth in everything put out about injuries but the club are known for keeping the full truth to themselves.
Phoenix

Return to General Discussion