Danny Carlton

Re: Danny Carlton

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm

durhamshrimp

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:20 pm

steve mfc wrote:Anyone know if Danny is cup tied, even if he isn't Carlisle may not want him to play for us just in case they need him latter on in the competition.

they might not be in it by the time we play our second round match :lol:
wonder shrimp

Postby John L » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:47 pm

steve mfc wrote:Anyone know if Danny is cup tied, even if he isn't Carlisle may not want him to play for us just in case they need him latter on in the competition.

He was an unused sub in their 1st round draw against Grays (see http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10361,00.html). Not sure if that cup-ties him anyway, or would he have had to enter the field of play?
John L

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

John L wrote:

He was an unused sub in their 1st round draw against Grays (see http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10361,00.html). Not sure if that cup-ties him anyway, or would he have had to enter the field of play?

I thought that if named in the 18 man sqaud for an FA cup tie then they can't play for another club in the same competiton for the rest of the season
heysham_mfc

Postby Aspers » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:24 pm

You can't help yourself can you???

No :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:43 pm

John L wrote:

Thanks for that John, this is from the F.A site rules regarding eligibility of players.

f) A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season.

So based on that we are OK.
steve mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:Keep Taylor on and take O'Carrol out of the team. I really ca't rate the guy so far he has showed us nothing!!! Harsh I know but true...maybe he can prove me wrong!!

Erm! Where were you at Barnet when he scored probably our best goal this season ;)

I would of been working as always!!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby wijit » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 pm

T- Shrimp wrote:New Song For Carlton

Theres onlyy oneee Danny Carlton, onee Danny Carlton, he left but come back, hes the best in attack, walking in a carlton wonderland. :) :)

Carltons coming home?
wijit

Postby Hodgie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Oh Danny boy,the shrimps,the shrimps are calling

I will get my coat :oops:
Hodgie

Postby marky » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am

"It's so 'ard"
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby John L » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

steve mfc wrote:
John L wrote:

Thanks for that John, this is from the F.A site rules regarding eligibility of players.

f) A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season.

So based on that we are OK.

....based on that theory at least! I wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle are awaiting the outcome of their replay before deciding whether or not he can play for us in the cup. If, perish the thought(!), Grays knock them out, then there's nothing to stop us fielding him anyway.
John L

Postby chrise27007 Mk2 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Just reading through the danny carlton topic on the carlisle foru.
Mixed reviews :|
from my point of view and im sure a lot of people will agree with me is..
Danny strays offside too often... apart from the wembley goal , that was my main memory of Danny but i dont agree with them saying he wasn't a clever player. Ok he wasn't as technically gifted as .. lets say .. the old Twissy but he has that bulldog like manner about him where he hustles for ball which in my opinion is definatly what we need right now .
Our main strikers at the moment , Howe (who is injured) Blinks (Injured) O'Carroll , Aaron dont have this effect when we don't have the ball.
I think having Danny back will benefit us massively in this department
and hopefully will give the crowd a huge life too.
:D
chrise27007 Mk2

Previous

Return to General Discussion