Chester Manager Sacked

Chester Manager Sacked

Postby steve mfc » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 am

Simon Davies the Chester city manager was sacked today, its been on the cards for while, so its not really a surprise.

I think that is about seven managers in six years, stability and Chester do not seem to go together.
steve mfc

Re: Chester Manager Sacked

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 am

Bollocks. Could have waited until next week!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 am

what a great club chester city are - couple of weeks ago taylor sacked for failing drug test now manager sacked for run of poor results...... there chairman and board need to take a long hard look at themselves as its there choices they keep sacking year after year.....we need to go for the jugular from the start on saturday and come away with 3 points from lego land
Howe Magic

Postby Harry » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Hope they don't find a new manager before Saturday!
Harry

Postby cultured » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:54 pm

13 managers since the "Boxing Promoter" Mr Steven Vaughan took over in 2001.
cultured

Postby Lordy99 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 am

There were rumours in the Chester local press recently that footballers' WAGs favourite, Mark Wright may be making a return to the Deva! :o
Lordy99

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 am

The favourite to get the job according to the Accy forum is John Coleman.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:29 am

I wonder if "Fire City FC" would have to pay compensation to "Frying Pan Stanley FC" if that happened?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:The favourite to get the job according to the Accy forum is John Coleman.

There's a poll on the Chester Forum now for supporters to vote for the person they would like to be manager, Coleman only has one vote, but Ian Holloway is on the list, that seems a tad optimistic.
steve mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 am

Lordy99 wrote:There were rumours in the Chester local press recently that footballers' WAGs favourite, Mark Wright may be making a return to the Deva! :o

Baby Come Back!

I remember reading a few months ago of a possible Wright return. It also stated that Wright would be interested in investing capital into the club. Wonder if this remains, especially with the nice Chester chairman revealing ambitious ground redevelopment plans recently whilst also squawking about the citizens of Chester to back the team financially.

Wright is a grade A plonker in my view. You'd have to be a complete crook to give him a job.......
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I thought I had red something like that I actually thought he was back at the club in some capacity.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:29 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
Lordy99 wrote:There were rumours in the Chester local press recently that footballers' WAGs favourite, Mark Wright may be making a return to the Deva! :o

Baby Come Back!

I remember reading a few months ago of a possible Wright return. It also stated that Wright would be interested in investing capital into the club. Wonder if this remains, especially with the nice Chester chairman revealing ambitious ground redevelopment plans recently whilst also squawking about the citizens of Chester to back the team financially.

Wright is a grade A plonker in my view. You'd have to be a complete crook to give him a job.......

:lol: Had a discussion with a young Chester fan a while ago about their dwindling fan base. He said a lot of old Chester fans he knew were staying away precisely because of who was in charge - unwilling to put money into the club while that was the case.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion