Lets NOT make AAron another freebie!!!!

Lets NOT make AAron another freebie!!!!

Postby morecammouth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:11 pm

I am posting this for one reason only and thats to hope that the directors get wind of this and get a signature before other league teams sign another good player for FREE.

Get a new contract sorted for AARON TAYLOR otherwise we'll lose out again.

:o :o Live and die Moooooooooorecambe :lol: :lol:
morecammouth

Re: Lets NOT make AAron another freebie!!!!

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:21 pm

morecammouth wrote:Get a new contract sorted for AARON TAYLOR otherwise we'll lose out again.

How or why would we lose out "again"?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby pompeyred » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:33 pm

I dont think he will be here for lng cos the last player we had up front that looked comfortable on the ball, passed well and scored a few goals was Jon Newby so I would surmise that Taylor will be off in the summer on a free too. Glad to hear that Mawson did well for Droylsdon against Darlington yesterday...if its the same Mawson.
pompeyred

Postby al1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:07 pm

it is the same mawson,just noticed that kempson is playing today for forest green,thought he was at wrexham.oh and rigo has been booked,nothing changes does it?
al1

Postby ezz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:08 pm

He's only played a handfull of games and looks light weight at the moment, dont worry about losing him.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby yozzer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Which reminds me....When did Aaron pronounced Airen become arren?
yozzer

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 pm

pompeyred wrote:I dont think he will be here for lng cos the last player we had up front that looked comfortable on the ball, passed well and scored a few goals was Jon Newby so I would surmise that Taylor will be off in the summer on a free too. Glad to hear that Mawson did well for Droylsdon against Darlington yesterday...if its the same Mawson.

Craig Mawson but he only lasted 10 minutes yesterday before being subbed for an injury.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Not only has Aaron only just signed a contract but because of his age he won't be going anywhere for free for about the next 6 years, contract or not.
Phoenix

Postby T- Shrimp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:38 pm

I think Taylor is at the best possible team he could be at and starting, if he did move club, it would take a while to settle and be difficult for him to get in to the team.
T- Shrimp

Postby Jody » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Keith wrote:
morecammouth wrote:Get a new contract sorted for AARON TAYLOR otherwise we'll lose out again.

How or why would we lose out "again"?

I think he might be referring to the Thommo situation, where a fantastic product of our youth system was allowed to leave for nothing, after wanting to sign a contract the previous season.
Jody

Postby Mark S » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:51 pm

yozzer wrote:Which reminds me....When did Aaron pronounced Airen become arren?

Since he told me that it is pronounced that way. ;)
Mark S

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:42 pm

al1 wrote:it is the same mawson,just noticed that kempson is playing today for forest green,thought he was at wrexham.oh and rigo has been booked,nothing changes does it?

Kempson on loan
Nov 5 2008
WREXHAM defender Darran Kempson yesterday joined Forest Green Rovers on a month-long loan.
The 23-year-old centre back, who has not figured for the Dragons since the appointment of manager Dean Saunders last month, welcomed the opportunity of regular football.
“It was something of a surprise when I got a call from Jimmy Harvey, but it’s a good opportunity for me and at least I will be playing again,” he said.
“I know a few of the lads at Forest Green, so I’m quite looking forward to it.”
Saunders said: “The centre of defence is one position where we have a number of lads fighting for only a few spots at present.
“A month with Forest Green will get Darran playing again and that can’t be a bad thing.”
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Mark S wrote:Since he told me that it is pronounced that way. ;)

See, I've always pronounced Aaran that way i.e. "Arran" like the Scottish island. I've never understood the "Airen" thing anyway because theoretically it should be pronounced the same way as Aardvark :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby yozzer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Further research reveals that the Scottish island type pronunciation is the Aussie way of saying the name wheareas on these shores it is usually "Airen". I apologise for being anal and having too much time on my hands. So Arran it is.
yozzer

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Jody wrote:I think he might be referring to the Thommo situation, where a fantastic product of our youth system was allowed to leave for nothing, after wanting to sign a contract the previous season.

I'm sure he was. But he was totally failing to understand the Bosman Ruling, whereby as long as Taylor is offered a contract as good, or better than his existing one, he can't leave for free.

I'm guessing the club directors understand the difference! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:01 pm

I don't think he will be leaving any time soon he has just signed his first pro contract I think clubs will want to see how he does for the rest of the season first
heysham_mfc

Postby morecammouth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Hopefully i do understand the bosman ruling and as i see it if the clubs can't agree a 'training and development fee' then it is decided by a tribunnal.

I can't see that fee being anywhere close to the value of a young, talented natural goal scorer that would attract a more substancial transfer fee.

This is me looking to the future of my club and I just thought that time,effort and money spent now would secure our clubs' footballer and not give another club the opportunity to approach this developing scorer.

Good strikers are hard to find and I believe that we missed the chance of money for a player that was 'waving goodbye to us' (Thommo) and good luck to him.

Not meant to be a rant its just passion but reading back it seems like it :lol: :lol:

:o :o Moooorecambe :)
morecammouth

Postby Mark S » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 pm

morecammouth wrote:Hopefully i do understand the bosman ruling and as i see it if the clubs can't agree a 'training and development fee' then it is decided by a tribunnal.

I can't see that fee being anywhere close to the value of a young, talented natural goal scorer that would attract a more substancial transfer fee.

This is me looking to the future of my club and I just thought that time,effort and money spent now would secure our clubs' footballer and not give another club the opportunity to approach this developing scorer.

Good strikers are hard to find and I believe that we missed the chance of money for a player that was 'waving goodbye to us' (Thommo) and good luck to him.

Not meant to be a rant its just passion but reading back it seems like it :lol: :lol:

:o :o Moooorecambe :)

Are you that guy who sits at the front of the Main Stand randomly shouting 'Mooooooorecaaaaambe!' and is obsessed with Managers getting back in their box? :?: :?:
Mark S

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:13 am

Mark S wrote:Are you that guy who sits at the front of the Main Stand randomly shouting 'Mooooooorecaaaaambe!' and is obsessed with Managers getting back in their box? :?: :?:

Good set of lungs if you can hear him in the press box! :lol:

morecammouth wrote:Hopefully i do understand the bosman ruling and as i see it if the clubs can't agree a 'training and development fee' then it is decided by a tribunnal.

Ahh, now I understand. I'm easily confused and took the title of the thread to be suggesting he might go for free...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 am

Main Stand Keith. Wash your eyes out! The front of The Main Stand is about 15 seats away down a few steps :roll:

BTW You would be amazed what I can hear from there. I can pick Morecambe Mick's Voice out of the North Stand :o
Mark S

Postby matty » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:58 pm

BTW You would be amazed what I can hear from there. I can pick Morecambe Mick's Voice out of the North Stand

I can't believe that for one moment!!! :lol: :lol: ;)
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:46 pm

ah...

like I said, easily confused! :roll:

As for hearing Morecambe Mick, surely not! That mild mannered gent who wouldn't say boo to a goose? :shock: :?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:48 pm

matty wrote:
BTW You would be amazed what I can hear from there. I can pick Morecambe Mick's Voice out of the North Stand

I can't believe that for one moment!!! :lol: :lol: ;)

Thanks for the vote Matty... :?

My point, is that you shouldn't be able to here my voice, it should be drowned out in the noise.

At least no-one can accuse me of getting on the players backs...... I've got a couple of hundred witnesses :lol: :lol:

I nearly put ..couple of thousand... but thought that would encourage some of the negative bastards on here to spout their crap.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion