delays O/T

Re: delays O/T

Postby campdave » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:53 pm

P/T Indie wrote:How do I get from Westgate - University then? and I would want the journey to only take between 30 -45 mins as well.

Walk to the Shrimp roundabout and get on the 2 or the 2a
campdave

Postby Richard Head » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:03 pm

P/T Indie wrote:How do I get from Westgate - University then? and I would want the journey to only take between 30 -45 mins as well.

As campdave says you could get the 2 or 2a from the Shrimp roundabout which would take approx 45 mins to get to the University
Richard Head

Postby Richard Head » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Moose wrote:If the lardarse walked a bit more often or used public transport we wouldnt need a bypass

She had a sales meeting in Ambleside yesterday. Maybe she should have walked there too?[/quote]

She could have got a bus direct to Ambleside from Lancaster. Depending on which is most convenient for her she could have got on it outside Our Ladys or on Slyne Road[/quote]

Which would take how long? - between 2 and 2.5 hours as to less than an hour in your own car, adding a possible 3 hours to your normal day.[/quote]

1 hour 44 minutes from Beaumont Bridge to Ambleside. No stress driving and if you sit on the top deck you have all the views to look at thus arriving at your meeting in a relaxed mood
Richard Head

Postby Weetabix Kid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Build a road from Heysham to Galgate and all our problems are sorted..........
Weetabix Kid

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 pm

[/quote]

If we had half decent public transport then people might. I know I refuse to pay out the sort of money that Stagecoach are chaging and then my journey would take even longer on the bus prob an extra 30mins each way easily.[/quote]

For those who start work in Lancaster at 9.00 there is a bus from Euston Road at 8.17 that gets into Lancaster Bus Station at 8.44. I'm not sure, but i think a 7 day pass on Stagecoach is £12.99[/quote]
it is £12 for a 7 day bus pass
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Richard Head wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:
Richard Head wrote:
If the lardarse walked a bit more often or used public transport we wouldnt need a bypass

If we had half decent public transport then people might. I know I refuse to pay out the sort of money that Stagecoach are chaging and then my journey would take even longer on the bus prob an extra 30mins each way easily.

For those who start work in Lancaster at 9.00 there is a bus from Euston Road at 8.17 that gets into Lancaster Bus Station at 8.44. I'm not sure, but i think a 7 day pass on Stagecoach is £12.99

I need to be in work @ 0540hrs daily. I need to get to the ASDA end of White Lund from Cross Cop area of Heysham. How does public transport serve me?
morecambe mick

Postby Richard Head » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:59 am

morecambe mick wrote:
I need to be in work @ 0540hrs daily. I need to get to the ASDA end of White Lund from Cross Cop area of Heysham. How does public transport serve me?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... =ClickInfo

How about trying one of these? I am sure you would look a bonnie sight pedalling along in your lycra shorts
Richard Head

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:07 am

That's useless for Mick, nowhere to put the drum :lol:

He needs one of these :lol: :lol:

http://www.copenhagenize.com/2008/06/dr ... hagen.html

P.S. Public Transport in some areas is good but if you're not on a route or work un-sociable hours then it's crap. It's also very expensive compared to other cities where Stagecoach operate.
Phoenix

Postby parceldave » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:31 am

Posh wrote:And some people think we still don't need a bypass. :cry:

One lorry topples over at 5.30am in the morning and:

Morecambe-based member of staff has to dump car in Torrisholme and walk
Bolton-le-Sands member of staff took one and three quarters to get in
Two Preston-based staff queued on motorway then into town - 2hr's each
Two Lancaster staff late - one disabled in car for 45 minutes to go 2 miles and one abandoned the bus and walked

Every time it happens it costs local businesses a fortune.

But the Northern Bypass wouldn,t solve the problem because if they were travelling from Morecambe into Lancaster and went via N.Bypass they would still be queueing down Caton Rd. Western Bypass (commom fkin sense) . I would have come off M6 Jcn 33 to Heysham without any delay instead of having to go round by Caton , Halton and Hest Bank just to get into Morecambe . ;)
parceldave

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:37 am

Few HGVs go through Lancaster, the vast majority are heading to the M6 so they would stay on the new road right up to the new junction.
Phoenix

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:50 am

why don't they just build both? then everybody would be happy/unhappy
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parceldave » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:02 pm

Phoenix wrote:Few HGVs go through Lancaster, the vast majority are heading to the M6 so they would stay on the new road right up to the new junction.

There are plenty of H.G.V. 's going through Lancaster both ways and if they were coming from South which most of them are,then Western Bypass would save them and me both time and money and less wear and tear on roads through Lancaster.
:x :x :x
parceldave

Postby slackAlice » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Posh wrote:And some people think we still don't need a bypass. :cry:

One lorry topples over at 5.30am in the morning and:

Morecambe-based member of staff has to dump car in Torrisholme and walk
Bolton-le-Sands member of staff took one and three quarters to get in
Two Preston-based staff queued on motorway then into town - 2hr's each
Two Lancaster staff late - one disabled in car for 45 minutes to go 2 miles and one abandoned the bus and walked

Every time it happens it costs local businesses a fortune.

Seeing the 'Bypass' as the Holy Grail is niave in my opinion. It is not the solution to the problem !
The PROBLEM is too much traffic , not just HGV's, trying to get into Lancaster at any given time and a good proportion of that is coming from Heysham and Morecambe.

Comparatively Lancaster has the larger employers in the area - Morecambe & Heysham are mainly residential. In Lancaster you have Big hospital , prison's, Colleges , Courts, Govt buildings, local Govt building/s , Police / fire Station , White cross - Big schools OLHS, Skerton, Central High, Ripley, Grammar schools , Primary schools and of course retail [shops] ; now all these places have 'users' not just employee's & visitors , but deliveries and all are 'concentrated' in a small central area of the city. If you just took the RLI , how many people at any given time are trying to get to it [try and park there at visiting time !]- be it to visit someone, work there, drop somebody off , deliver etc.

Lancaster is choked with traffic because people are trying to get into Lancaster not necessarily go through it. What did the traffic survey say 8 out of 10 vehicles travelling along Morecambe road were just going to Lancaster ! Even if that was OTT and it was 7 out of 10 - your BYPASS is not going to help that much. The accident this week that blocked one of the arterial roads into Lancaster would of caused major disruption in any other city. The re-routed traffic after the accident went passed my house all day and the observation was most cars had one or two people in - quite a lot using their mobiles as well. It is going to take much MUCH more than a bypass to improve commuter travel to and from Lancaster. It needs a co-ordinated travel plan and more importantly a major shift in peoples attitudes to getting from A to B.
Of course there are groups of people who need to drive into Lancaster because of disability / infirmity or they need the vehicle to DO their job. But how many others really need to drive ?????? Its not only cost that puts people off buses neither - there not an attractive mode of transport - queueing / no seats and on the occasions I use them too slow because your just sat in the traffic.

All these things need looking at; but if I was an employer in Lancaster I would not be longing for the day of the new BYPASS - your going to be seriously disappointed ; it might knock 5 -10 minutes off your commute ? It might !!!! It ain't going to have that much of an impact - I mean if I've understood the route / plan of it correctly , your going to have a road adjoining the existing bypass at the L & M college and then another off & on junction next to Beaumont college and the another off & on up the top of Foundary lane [Halton]. Great news for anybody living in Morecambe , Heysham who is going anywhere else in the country apart from Lancaster and of course the HGV's / Freight from Heysham Port.
slackAlice

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 pm

parceldave wrote:then Western Bypass would save them and me both time and money and less wear and tear on roads through Lancaster.

So would hover cars that took off vertically, or personal jet packs.

Unfortunately, these, like a "Western Bypass" do not exist. The difference is that there is a chance that hover cars and personal jet packs may one day exist, where as the mythical Western Bypass will never exist because it would be against the law. The question was NEVER Northern or Western, it was always Northern or nothing.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Keith wrote:
parceldave wrote:then Western Bypass would save them and me both time and money and less wear and tear on roads through Lancaster.

Unfortunately, these, like a "Western Bypass" do not exist. The difference is that there is a chance that hover cars and personal jet packs may one day exist, where as the mythical Western Bypass will never exist because it would be against the law. The question was NEVER Northern or Western, it was always Northern or nothing.

How do you get 120 parcels in a jet pack :o :?:
parceldave

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:06 pm

parceldave wrote:How do you get 120 parcels in a jet pack :o :?:

Don't just moan about it! Some delivery people are proactive...

Avoid the queues...

think outside the box :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Keith wrote:
parceldave wrote:How do you get 120 parcels in a jet pack :o :?:

Don't just moan about it! Some delivery people are proactive...

Avoid the queues...

think outside the box :roll:

That Cooking Fat gets everywhere :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Keith wrote:

The solution is here:
http://www.moller.com/

I can just picture this now crossing the Lune :lol:
http://www.moller.com/video9.htm
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:55 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Keith wrote:

The solution is here:

Towing a caravan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:24 pm

parceldave wrote:The solution is here:

Towing a caravan. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Now there's a thought I could attach one of these to it :roll:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:10 am

another nightmare this morning due to temporary lights on caton rd everything was at a stand still again. I did well this morning though it only took me an hour :roll:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Phoenix » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 pm

About 7:50 I got towards Spar at Scale Hall and spotted a queue ahead. I'd been past the roadworks yesterday and thought they might be the cause. Back to Torisholme, over Hasty Brow, Halton, Crook o' Lune and drop into town past Williamsons Park. 25 minutes. That's the route I often use to get home as well and by the time you get home you are relaxed, you haven't been sat in a queue for ages, no one's tried to push in in front of you, etc, etc.
Phoenix

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:05 pm

thats a lot of miles and fuel
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Phoenix » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:12 pm

12 mile and 25 minutes but not much more fuel because I'm driving at a decent steady speed. The wear & tear on the car is acceptable but queueing over the bridge, the wear & tear on me isn't acceptable.
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Phoenix wrote:...but queueing over the bridge, the wear & tear on me isn't acceptable.

Can you picture the scene tomorrow when the little canal bridge becomes a bottle neck and a queue of stationary cars build up... 90% of them sporting a Shrimpsvoices sticker?

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion