Sammy extension

Sammy extension

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Sammy extension

Postby Posh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

No story on The Visitor site I can see.

Maybe him getting an extension on his house wasn't topical enough.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Smirnoff Please » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Story is on the FC site. Sammy has signed contract extension to end of 09/10 season. Excellent news IMO. :D :D :D

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 45,00.html
Why drink singles when you can order a double.......
Smirnoff Please

Postby shrimper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Posh wrote:No story on The Visitor site I can see.

It is (and was when I posted this) on mine.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Martin » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm

That's really good news.

It shows confidence in Sammy from the board and confidence in the club from Sammy.

It's been a tough start to the season and there's been a lot of discussion on this board about extreme negative comments and vocal disgruntlement at matches. It's good to see that Sammy recognises that this comes from a small element of supporters and that the majority are behind what he's trying to do.

It's clear he likes that fact that we have a Board of Directors who see it as their job to run the club and his to run the team.
Martin

Postby Posh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:26 pm

shrimper wrote:

It must have taken a while to cache round the servers. No idea where JP base theirs. Working on mine too now. Apologies for seeming to doubt you.

4 wins in 37 games. Well merited in my view. :roll:

Sarcasm aside. I understand and share PMG's comments but signs of improvement surely needed to materialise before announcing an extension. E.g. waiting until after the FA Cup game - our last chance at making some extra revenue this season.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

Great News in my book. Well done Sammy ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm

I think its great news and a statement of intent from The Club.

If you are going to look at Sammys record, it should be from when he started as our Manager, not from when we started a poor run. Statistics can say what you want them to say.
Mark S

Postby Keith » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Posh wrote:Sarcasm aside. I understand and share PMG's comments but signs of improvement surely needed to materialise before announcing an extension. E.g. waiting until after the FA Cup game - our last chance at making some extra revenue this season.

Alternatively, it's the ideal time to announce it, having a positive story before what is actually a big game in terms of importance and one that on current form, we'd expect to win?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Posh wrote:
shrimper wrote:

It must have taken a while to cache round the servers. No idea where JP base theirs. Working on mine too now. Apologies for seeming to doubt you.

4 wins in 37 games. Well merited in my view. :roll:

Sarcasm aside. I understand and share PMG's comments but signs of improvement surely needed to materialise before announcing an extension. E.g. waiting until after the FA Cup game - our last chance at making some extra revenue this season.

Totally agree Posh.

Somewhat premature in my book.

I also wish he would stop refering to us as 'a little club' as he has done commenting on his new contract on Radio Lancashire. We're far from big, but we aint small either!
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Posh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Mark S wrote:I think its great news and a statement of intent from The Club.

If you are going to look at Sammys record, it should be from when he started as our Manager, not from when we started a poor run. Statistics can say what you want them to say.

OK then.

If you are going to look at Sammy's record, it should be from when he started as a Manager, not from when he had a good run with us. Statistics can say what you want them to say.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Mark S » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Posh wrote:
Mark S wrote:I think its great news and a statement of intent from The Club.

OK then.

If you are going to look at Sammy's record, it should be from when he started as a Manager, not from when he had a good run with us. Statistics can say what you want them to say.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

I prefer to look forward 8-)
Mark S

Postby Number 1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:22 pm

If I'm wrong I apologise profusely, but I think Mark might have missed the point of Posh's post, as he referred to Sammy's record as "A" manager, and not just of MFC. This includes those times when Ireland didn't score, and the times he didn't do as well with teams such as Stockport. I therefore think that Posh was turning Marks point on it's head, as it were, and wasn't as keen on Sammy as Mark is. But like I say, if I've misread it, or misinterpreted it, I apologise.

It's how I read it anyway.

Notwithstanding all that, the fact is, whether you like it or not, it's obvious that Sammy has the full backing of the board, and is here to stay. So, whilst this board is for discussion, and, yes, criticism, of the manager and players, the likes of Negative Ned will be wasting their time when they suggest, albeit in a veiled way, after our next defeat, that the manager needs the sack and we have substandard players.

There's no uncertainty with the managers position, he's here to stay, and he should therefore receive our full backing which, to be fair, on a matchday, he certainly does.
Number 1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:30 pm

If you look at the successful clubs in this country they have given their managers a good long run i.e. Ferguson at Man Utd , Wenger at Arsenal , Moyes at Everton.. Clubs who change manager every year such as Newcastle and Tottenham consistently underachieve.
I think Sammy is our best chance of establishing Morecambe FC as a league team and most importantly our major backer (Peter McGuiggan) also has great faith in him.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:30 pm

:lol:

I know exactly what Posh was saying but chose to play ignorant.

I am just grateful I got the bite. 8-)
Mark S

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:53 pm

I think this is a steadying the ship move by the board to stave off any offers from premiership clubs after his services :lol:

A 'sugar coated' vote of confidence or appreciation for getting us League status?
I wish him the best in turning it around but it'll only happen when the sides actually strengthened,
For anyone to suggest this sides stronger than last seasons has got to be in cloud cockoo land :roll:
HALMA 1983

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:54 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:I think this is a steadying the ship move by the board to stave off any offers from premiership clubs after his services :lol:

A 'sugar coated' vote of confidence or appreciation for getting us League status?
I wish him the best in turning it around but it'll only happen when the sides actually strengthened,
For anyone to suggest this sides stronger than last seasons has got to be in cloud cockoo land :roll:

whoever had been our manager Baker and Thommo would still have left and the latter is proving difficult to replace.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:11 pm

Thommo's only played a few games at most for scunny and is still out injured but I know what you're saying :D
Sammy has brought in players that even he can't get rid of since finding out their true potential, so if it's an offload players before bringing in new then we're stuffed (way before the Turkey)
The only prayer left is the injury situation gets better and fast!
HALMA 1983

Postby Number 1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Mark S wrote::lol:

I know exactly what Posh was saying but chose to play ignorant.

I am just grateful I got the bite. 8-)

He says after the event... :lol: :lol:
Number 1

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm

this is great news and it shows that the board still think Sammy is the right man for the job :D
heysham_mfc

Postby cultured » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:33 am

[quote="Christies Child]Totally agree Posh.

Somewhat premature in my book.

I also wish he would stop refering to us as 'a little club' as he has done commenting on his new contract on Radio Lancashire. We're far from big, but we aint small either![/quote]

Yes we are. We are now a small fish in a medium sized pond, not a big fish in a small pond like we were in the conference.
cultured

Postby Aspers » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:03 am

When Moyesie got a new contract at Everton, they started playing well.
Same will happen for us, I bet we even draw Man U 1-1 in round 3.
8-)
Aspers

Postby Neil G » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:06 am

Still detecting some bitterness in the CC and Posh posts, perhaps you fellas would prefer it if we were still with JH in the 'ever so friendly and lovely day out' Blue Square Premier League ( 4th from bottom )

For two blokes who have been such fervent supporters of the club for as long as I can remember it's dissapointing to see you losing your faith in our players, the chairman, the board and the management team who made the decisions that brought us league football. :(

Perhaps you would like to explain to us all the 'exact science' of football so that every club in the country can win the league and keep it's fickle supporters happy :roll:
Neil G

Postby Car Wash Kev » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:40 am

4 wins in 37 games

I'm with CC and Posh on this one.
Car Wash Kev

Postby Neil G » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Car Wash Kev wrote:4 wins in 37 games

I'm with CC and Posh on this one.

Good for you Kev, nice to see your first post is a positive one :roll: influenced by the 4 wins in 37 games quote, little doubt about that. Does focusing on the negatives really help anyone at all ? If those are the stats then that's the way it is, those games are gone, we can't change past results but we certainly can and will get better ones in the future and personally that's why I keep 'supporting' the club, not harping like you know what all the answers are. Still waiting for that magic formula by the way that takes the human element out of every football club and replaces it with league winning machines.
Last edited by Neil G on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil G

Next

Return to General Discussion