Steven Gerrard-Diver THE PROOF!

Postby wijit » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 pm

wijit

Re: Steven Gerrard-Diver THE PROOF!

Postby campdave » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm annoyed about the dive, but I accept that sometimes players cheat and sometimes the ref gets things wrong, that's life.

What I am struggling to accept about last night is the blatant bias of the commentary, who were up in arms about the marginal penalty Liverpool were denied, dismissed out of hand the claims for Atletico, and then called Gerrard's penalty "soft", whereas if it had been given the other way, they would have been apoplectic with rage.

I know it's a pro-English rather than pro-Liverpool thing, but it really winds me up.
campdave

Postby ezz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:28 pm

The left back didn't even need to touch Gerrard....he did touch him so it wasn't a 'dive' it wasn't a penalty either. just because the ref got it wrong doesn't mean Gerrard dived. What you expect him to do turn around and say we dont want the penalty.
I agree Dave both Liverpool and Athletico both should have had 2 penalties each, although the Athletico handballs were a lot easier to see, Carra's and Macherano were fired at them from close range.

Change the thread title as it isn't proof that Gerrard dived its proof that refs get it wrong......again
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Joe Oh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 pm

I think people need to look at the link before they get upset about this thread.

On the footballing Steven Gerrard- I don't think he dived but I think his reaction was way over the top and that's what's upsetting people.

He is a massive hypocritical diver though-

Joe Oh

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Its not the first time he has done it and it probably wont be the last.
steve mfc

Postby slackAlice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:59 pm

steve mfc wrote:Its not the first time he has done it and it probably wont be the last.

No it probably won't and you'll probally find that Ronaldo , Drogba , Adabadhaircut [Arsenal] and God forbid even a few of our own players are partial to a bit of simulation. It's just a reaction from Liverpool / Man Utd etc. 'supporters' each time it happens. It's part & parcel of the modern game and not a very good one. How the hell anybody expects a ref to spot one from t'other - I can see an incident six or seven times in slow motion and still not be sure if it was or it wasn't.
slackAlice

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:15 pm

ezz wrote:Change the thread title as it isn't proof that Gerrard dived its proof that refs get it wrong......again

Joe Oh wrote:I think people need to look at the link before they get upset about this thread

Joe, I think the word you are looking for is...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby steve mfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm

slackAlice wrote:
steve mfc wrote:Its not the first time he has done it and it probably wont be the last.

No it probably won't and you'll probally find that Ronaldo , Drogba , Adabadhaircut [Arsenal] and God forbid even a few of our own players are partial to a bit of simulation. It's just a reaction from Liverpool / Man Utd etc. 'supporters' each time it happens. It's part & parcel of the modern game and not a very good one. How the hell anybody expects a ref to spot one from t'other - I can see an incident six or seven times in slow motion and still not be sure if it was or it wasn't.

My reaction is not because i support utd or any other premiership club, i just don't like to see any player diving, its cheating plain and simple and we are quick enough to criticise foreign players when they do it. I agree it can be very difficult for a referee to make the right decision, but last nights was appalling by any standard and you certainly did not need the TV replays to see that, i actually burst out laughing when they said it was a penalty.
steve mfc

Postby slackAlice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

steve mfc

My reaction is not because i support utd or any other premiership club, i just don't like to see any player diving, its cheating plain and simple and we are quick enough to criticise foreign players when they do it. I agree it can be very difficult for a referee to make the right decision, but last nights was appalling by any standard and you certainly did not need the TV replays to see that, i actually burst out laughing when they said it was a penalty.

I've seen much MUCH WORSE than last nights ! I though Rooney's against Hull City was particularly un-convincing and he didn't get a penalty - Why wasn't he then booked ? Its every nationality and every level of football now. It is cheating and I hate it. I think you get much more in the Prem because of the high stakes and I dare say that they justify it to themselves after the match by saying they should of got a penalty for the handball/s.
slackAlice

Postby Joel Ninety » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 pm

I'm not getting into this again.
Joel Ninety

Postby Mark S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:I'm not getting into this again.

You know you want to Joel :D

Having a break from the Celtic v Man Utd match? ;)
Mark S

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:08 pm

I watched the replay and agree it shouldnt have been a penalty but hey i cnt complain! i am a liverpool fan !
i-love-mfc

Postby Joel Ninety » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Mark S wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:I'm not getting into this again.

You know you want to Joel :D

Having a break from the Celtic v Man Utd match? ;)

Not been watching it. Attempted to go watch fireworks in Clapham but ended up in McDonalds instead.

I doubt we'll get a 95th minute penalty either. That only happens to scabby teams.
Joel Ninety

Postby wijit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 am

Keith wrote:
ezz wrote:Change the thread title as it isn't proof that Gerrard dived its proof that refs get it wrong......again

Joe Oh wrote:I think people need to look at the link before they get upset about this thread

Joe, I think the word you are looking for is...

I think that "whoosh" needs to be a tad bigger...........
wijit

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Twas quite entertaining in the bar after the Tranmere match. There was about 15 mins to go and I presumed that all the locals were "Liverpool" fans... I was rather shocked at all the scouse voices up in arms (can't repeat the verbals) against the antics of Steven Gerrard :shock:
A couple of Tranmere lads that had watched the game said they had expected it to go to penalties in the last 15 minutes - they commended us on our performance :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mfc:) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Any pictures from the game on tuesday night?
mfc:)

Postby Mighty Red » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:34 pm

I think you've plumbed the depths here.
Mighty Red

Postby wijit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 pm

jesus wept....if I roll my eyes any more they'll be in next doors living room!
wijit

Return to General Discussion