FT Tranmere 1 Morecambe 0

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Goal! 45+1
Ryan Shotton
TRANMERE 1 Morecambe 0

MATCH POSSESSION
53% 47%
Tranmere Morecambe

Bad 1st half for Morecambe better second, just could not find a way through!!
Last edited by thegentlegiant on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegentlegiant

Re: Goal!!!!!! Morecambe 0 Tranmere 1

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:14 pm

no suprise according to the radio as baz as made at least 5 good saves in first half also stanners as gone off injured
Howe Magic

Re: FT Tranmere 1 Morecambe 0

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Shots on Target Tranmere = 9 Morecambe = 1

Shots off Target Tranmere = 6 Morecambe = 4

Through so far are Darlington, Rotherham, Tranmere :cry: , Colchester, Scunthorpe (90th minute winner) + Shrewsbury (who put 5 past Dagenham and are taking this competition very seriously. Simpson also took Carlisle to Wembley in this.)

Still playing: Walsall V Luton
nobbyshrimp

Postby 4G63 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Very poor performance tonight. We just didn't look interested at all.

Thank God for Mr Roche, thats all i can say. The final score flattered us!
4G63

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 pm

very poor tonight,only defence and roche of course looked up for it,midfield was lackadaisical and forwards always getting knocked off the ball,completely lacking any ability to hold the ball up.Why do we persist in knocking high balls to our front two who were outmuscled all game.Only one to make any effort and looked like scoring was stanley who had our only attempts on goal.we deteriorated dramatically after he went off(could not see why) our left sided man mcgivern was absolutley wasted tonight as we never played the ball down that side.He was often in space but was ignored all night and was taken off.
very disappointing we just did not looked interested and the term fired with apathy comes to mind.
tranmere were no great shakes but were much faster to the ball and linked midfield and froward play much better than we did.I was very hopeful as half time appraoched that we could hold onto something but gave a sloppy goal away
need a dramatic improvement for saturday and some passion
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:08 am

according the quinny on radio tonight - stanners went off with slight groin strain and mcgivern with a virus.....also sammy was proud of every player tonight when interviewed on radio saying the team was down to bare bones (Team for saturday could be interesting)
Howe Magic

Postby shrimper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:12 am

Stanners got a bit of a knock on Saturday so Sam wouldn't want him to be overstretched tonight, mate.
As I said in another thread, Ronnie Moore had been talking this game up and obviously taking the tie very seriously whereas I suppose we have other priorities at the moment.
Against a decent side like Tranmere we'd need to be really focussed on this competition to get anything, particularly as we beat them last season (and they've had us watched a few times in recent weeks) so we wouldn't hold any surprises for them.
Agree with that outlook or not, I think that's what the situation is.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 am

4G63 wrote:Very poor performance tonight. We just didn't look interested at all.

scalehallshrimp wrote:very poor tonight,only defence and roche of course looked up for it

What is really interesting is how it sounds from afar. Those of us in the chatroom, following Radio Lancs, Radio Merseyside and Morecambe World, thought we'd done okay. People who were there appear to suggest otherwise?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 am

Since when has David artell bein a striker???
i-love-mfc

Postby mfcbro » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:20 am

I was there last night and thought under the circumstances played well.Stanners injured,mcgiven not well,drummond still suffering from ankle knock,bentley not 100%.Apart from the goal right on half time which roche should have claimed,we played quite well with out threatening to score.Not slagging off roche as he made two or 3 good saves to keep us in it but is suspect with crosses.I think the 5-3-2 formation is working but we badly need a striker(not artell).I think we may be struggling to put a side out saturday.
mfcbro

Postby Harry » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am

We were certainly lacking a presence up front last night and just couldn't get the ball to our 2 strikers. Yates was working very hard from what I saw but their defence was very efficient. 1-0 seemed a fair result and to be honest reflected the entertainment value of the game!
Harry

Postby shrimper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:25 am

i-love-mfc wrote:Since when has David artell bein a striker???

Since there was quarter of an hour to go in a game we were losing and with three strikers out injured. Since we needed to get the ball in the box to a big, powerful player and try to pick up the pieces to snatch a draw late on and then win on penalties........ I suppose was the idea.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby i-love-mfc » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Are there any pictures of the tranmere game ??
i-love-mfc

Postby slackAlice » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Keith
What is really interesting is how it sounds from afar. Those of us in the chatroom, following Radio Lancs, Radio Merseyside and Morecambe World, thought we'd done okay. People who were there appear to suggest otherwise?

I thought we did really OK under the circumstances. We were always 'in it' so to speak , it was frustrating most part from a spectators , and I would imagine a players perspective, because we had NO threat at all up front. The young lad Aaron Taylor ran around a lot but his inexperience at this level was laid bare.

I think it was Stanners who hit the bar early on and Yates ran his heart out. I just don't get the 'we didn't look interested' quote at all ? Tranmere did'nt out class us neither and although I havn't seen a match report or any stats it wasn't a bad game to watch IMO.
It was a frustrating game of football from a Morecambe point of view and I know it's all IF's , but's and maybe's had we a fit Curtis and Howe we could have won. The other frustation was seeing Ryan McGirven [1st half] and Wainright[2nd half] in acres of space but never getting that pass.
slackAlice

Postby Bare bum » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:45 pm

I, too, thought we did OK considering the quality of the opposition and the knocks and absences we were suffering. Saw it just like Slack Alice and, in addition, thought Drummie and Stanners looked good and then Stanners replacement McCann really impressed me with some hard work, good tackling and far sighted distribution (and I've been one of his big critics). Actually quite enjoyed it.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:24 pm

thanks guys, certainly from the snippets we had, it sounded okay apart from the lack of shots on target. A few mentions and two Manfred Mann songs for me too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was listening in...

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mark S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Looks hot! What was the temp then?
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Looks like you need a newer shirt Keith :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any mad dogs around?
morecambe mick

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Any mad dogs around?

Not many, too chuffin' hot for them!

Mark S wrote:Looks hot! What was the temp then?

About 32oC I didn't last much longer, had to go in for some shade! Err... I couldn't see the screen it was so bright! :roll:

Sat in a beach bar today, cold cuba-libra (rum & coke) and listening to The Stranglers 'Peaches'... 'walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches...' :roll: as if... :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby mfc:) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:16 pm

[

About 32oC I didn't last much longer, had to go in for some shade! Err... I couldn't see the screen it was so bright! :roll:

Sat in a beach bar today, cold cuba-libra (rum & coke) and listening to The Stranglers 'Peaches'... 'walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches...' :roll: as if... :roll:[/quote]
Its oright for some make me jealous while we here are in Morecambe
mfc:)

Postby Mark S » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm

Keith wrote:
Mark S wrote:Looks hot! What was the temp then?

Well why on Earth are you wearing Jeans then? Did you have sandals and white socks on? :o Only you Keith! Only you! :lol:

8-)
Mark S

Postby outsider » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:29 pm

they were classic Manfred Mann songs as well wern't they Keith :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:32 pm

you don't want to see me in shorts... and nor do the neighbours! :lol:

Actually in shorts today, Elaine said I should have bought one of those Matalan Hawaii shirst you lot wore to MK Dons for the beach party... so I could look a complete twat! :lol:

As for the Manfred Mann... it's just a good job Cass wasn't listening! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Bare bum wrote:I, too, thought we did OK considering the quality of the opposition and the knocks and absences we were suffering. Saw it just like Slack Alice and, in addition, thought Drummie and Stanners looked good and then Stanners replacement McCann really impressed me with some hard work, good tackling and far sighted distribution (and I've been one of his big critics). Actually quite enjoyed it.

I thought we did ok too, especially in second half and i have criticised McCann in the past but he put some good work in last night as did most of the team . As for players not looking interesterd , what a load of Bollocks. The only real difference between the teams last night was the same problem we have had all season and that is lack of pace
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 am

parceldave wrote:
Bare bum wrote:I, too, thought we did OK considering the quality of the opposition and the knocks and absences we were suffering. Saw it just like Slack Alice and, in addition, thought Drummie and Stanners looked good and then Stanners replacement McCann really impressed me with some hard work, good tackling and far sighted distribution (and I've been one of his big critics). Actually quite enjoyed it.

I thought we did ok too, especially in second half and i have criticised McCann in the past but he put some good work in last night as did most of the team . As for players not looking interesterd , what a load of Bollocks. The only real difference between the teams last night was the same problem we have had all season and that is lack of pace

Agreed. 1st half we were overun with their pace and if Stanners shot on the bar had gone in I think we could have been 3-1 down at half time! However Barry made some miraculous saves and it was disappointing to concede when we did. 2nd half they held back a bit which gave us confidence but as said the 2 strikers were receiving the ball with their backs to goal and were losing the ball. It is a concern that we would have wanted to bed Aaron in gently and Sammy IS trying to protect him but we have run out of options. It was a shame on the night that we did'nt use the open space of the left wing - Neil W. must have thought he was still on the bench! Anyway hopefully we will have this new striker signed for the weekend :shock:

p.s. to say there was no effort from our lads is rubbish!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion