Danny Adams

Re: Danny Adams

Postby Voice at the back » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Cultured

When did I say Michael was better than Danny? :o

What I did say, and I'll say it again is that we have a suitable replacement. Not sure what you where going on about regarding supporting Sammy as I didn't question your support no did I suggest that he takes his tactics from this message board :? .

I find it strange that you would dismiss the idea of 4 4 2 (Ignore my typo before, its not a new system :lol: ). I believe with the right players and depending on who you are playing then it would be just as good if not better than 5 3 2.

I don't think we should play a formation simply to hide our deficiencies at least not long term.

By the way we are not in 20th place (Although whithout the points deduction of other teams we may have been :( )
Voice at the back

Postby cultured » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:26 pm

Voice at the back wrote:Cultured

When did I say Michael was better than Danny? :o

What I did say, and I'll say it again is that we have a suitable replacement. Not sure what you where going on about regarding supporting Sammy as I didn't question your support no did I suggest that he takes his tactics from this message board :? .

I find it strange that you would dismiss the idea of 4 4 2 (Ignore my typo before, its not a new system :lol: ). I believe with the right players and depending on who you are playing then it would be just as good if not better than 5 3 2.

I don't think we should play a formation simply to hide our deficiencies at least not long term.

By the way we are not in 20th place (Although whithout the points deduction of other teams we may have been :( )

I'm completely lost where your argument is going. All I'll say is that the formation plays to our strengths and hides our weaknesses - surely the result the manager is looking for? We've played well against decent league 2 opposition. Things are looking up? Why this Mike Bassett obsession with FOUR FOUR F***ING TWO?

Are you arguing

a) We should play 4-4-2 despite it failing
b) We should play 4-4-2 to accomodate Mr Consistently not quite good enough
c) Because we had a solid 4-4-2 that had top class League 1 wingers in it, that because those wingers have now gone on to pastures new and it's not working, that MCNQGE is the answer to make all this work again?

Take Hull for example. Phil Brown has realised his strengths are an industrious midfield, a hard as nails defence and an excellent Brazilian. He's set his team up with 2 big men to win the ball and give Giovanni space and time, and they are truly upsetting the applecart by playing a formation that no one is used to, hence providing them with an advantage.

I've yet to see any other sides set up like us, and this formation seems to be making the sum greater than the sum of the parts, so let's stick with it. Playing 4-4-2 would mean probably signing at least 4 more players. With attendances dwindling this doesn't compute.

MCNQGE is a good conference left back and no more. He should only be kept on if he's a)cheap or b)There's nothing else of similar quality or better that we can pick up.
cultured

Postby Voice at the back » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm

The formation argument is yours not mine.

My point was that MH could eventually replace at DA at LB instead of looking to the youth team at this time.

Comparing us to HULL :lol: get real.

What are these great teams we have beaten by the way?
Voice at the back

Postby cultured » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Voice at the back wrote:The formation argument is yours not mine.

My point was that MH could eventually replace at DA at LB instead of looking to the youth team at this time.

Comparing us to HULL :lol: get real.

What are these great teams we have beaten by the way?

We don't play with an orthodox Left Back. MCNQGE is nearly 30 and hence won't be able to do the job of a wing back.

Hull are a perfect example of a small club currently over achieving on limited means. We can learn a lot from them. Phil Browns philosophy is to get the best out the resources you've got.

Preston, Wolves, Bradford, Stockport, Peterborough all clubs defeated last year with means vastly beyond our wildest dreams.
cultured

Postby Voice at the back » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Good debate :D

Cheers

C'mon you reds
Voice at the back

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Voice at the back wrote:Comparing us to HULL :lol: get real

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1998-9.html

Twas only 10 years ago remember - 21st in Division 3 - so in 2018 :roll: :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby John L » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:30 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Voice at the back wrote:Comparing us to HULL :lol: get real

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/table1998-9.html

Twas only 10 years ago remember - 21st in Division 3 - so in 2018 :roll: :roll:

Wow! Looking through those tables shows just how topsy-turvy football is!
John L

Previous

Return to General Discussion