Fraser!

Fraser!

Postby ezz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:05 am

Last season before his horrible injury he was showing us the midfielder he could be and looked extremely promising. It's been a long recovery period for him, one that many players would not be able to handle. I personally think he's come back into the team and mixed things up, he's still not back to where he previously was in terms of match fitness and that little bit of quality but his ability to break play up in the midfield is brilliant and can do the defensive midfielder job better than anyone at the club. I think if he carries on improving as he is it will be a huge boost to others like drummond and stanley as he gives them the time and space to play their own game.
You've all seen what he can do, the question is 'is it just me who thinks he's been playing extremely well?'
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Fraser!

Postby campdave » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 am

Nope, I think he does what he does very well. Since he's come back into the team, I've noticed how much less time on the ball the opposition have in midfield, which a large part of our problem earlier in the season.
campdave

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am

totally agree since fraser as come back into the team we look a lot stronger in midfield...also with mcgivern and yates getting forward there are more options for the midfield to pass to as well...i think if we could sign another striker we would have a very good side(Someone who will 20 goals a season)
Howe Magic

Postby Martin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 am

I think Sammy had a plan to use Fraser in that defensive midfield role last season but it was cruelly scuppered.

Fraser is a quality player and protects the defence well. He never does anything fancy, and sometimes you don't even notice him. To me that's a sign that he's steady and not making basic errors. I'm glad Sammy offered him the contract on his recovery; he deserves it.
Martin

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

Hopefully it will let Stanley & Drummond push forward and get in the box more something which our midfielders never really do.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I don't think people will like the comparison but it's similar to what mascherano does at liverpool to allow space for gerrard and alonso. Obviously not the same but similar at a lower level. The fact we are lacking firepower ufront is obvious but i've also noticed that drummond has started scoring more since fraser came in and also mcgivern on saturday. Especially in this new formation his position is key, he can dominate that area infront of our defense the same area in my opinion is our most problematic because our defense like to back off a lot.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Harry » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:40 pm

He's been doing a great job in the last few games in our new system, which allows us to play 5 in midfield and when necessary 5 in defence plus an anchor man. This is letting our centre men Stanley and Drummond get forward and provide a goal threat, which Sammy has been looking for for quite a while.
Harry

Return to General Discussion