Danny Adams

Danny Adams

Postby halfwayliner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am

Good game today and what a brilliant pass through to McGivern, who equally made a superb pass for Drummond to score. :D
halfwayliner

Re: Danny Adams

Postby ellandback » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 am

Correct his performance was more accomplished because he had someone in front down the the wing mostly Mcgivern to play the ball out of defence to.Young Taylor does not appear ready to make the jump to league two as Sammy noticed when subbing him early second half after he came on for Howe.I think he needs the experience but needs twenty minutes second half now and again for this season to toughen up his on the ball skills.He seems to be brushed aside easily by more experienced defenders.
ellandback

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:58 pm

ellandback wrote:Correct his performance was more accomplished because he had someone in front down the the wing mostly Mcgivern to play the ball out of defence to.Young Taylor does not appear ready to make the jump to league two as Sammy noticed when subbing him early second half after he came on for Howe.I think he needs the experience but needs twenty minutes second half now and again for this season to toughen up his on the ball skills.He seems to be brushed aside easily by more experienced defenders.

I think Taylor was brought off at roughly the point he's been taken off whenever he's started for us, given that he only came on after 10 or so minutes. I'm sure Sammy also wanted O'Carroll to get a decent run out, especially if Howe is going to be sidelined for a couple of weeks.
campdave

Postby wonder shrimp » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 pm

i thought o'carroll played pretty well when he came on, and caused their defense a few problems, i think i'd start him for the next match.
wonder shrimp

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Why is this post titled Danny Adams?
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Martin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:20 pm

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Why is this post titled Danny Adams?

Good point!

I thought Jim Bentley had another good game. ;) :lol:
Martin

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 am

Going back to original post i still personally dont think he should be starting even if he did play well today. I'd actually be looking for a young lad to come through and play left back and give him some experience and hope he develops into a decent player. That way when Adams does leave we already have a 'free' replacement for him and dont have to worry about it.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:28 am

ezz wrote:Going back to original post i still personally dont think he should be starting even if he did play well today. I'd actually be looking for a young lad to come through and play left back and give him some experience and hope he develops into a decent player. That way when Adams does leave we already have a 'free' replacement for him and dont have to worry about it.

Jimbo is just six months younger than Danny, are you suggesting we drop Jimbo too?
Danny (Marmite) Adams was player of the year last season, if he played well yesterday, why not celebrate that fact and hope that he's heading back to his best? If he played well, then he definitely deserves his place in the team and long may it continue!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 am

Danny Adams as a left full back? His days are numbered due to lack of pace, but in the centre with McGivern outside him he looks more comfortable. His run forward leading up to the goal was great, he can control the ball pretty well with that left peg.
As for his age, well that's what the manager is there for, to plan ahead for when players like Danny and Jimbo are no longer there.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:11 am

I've been a critic of DA in the past, but fair play to the guy, he's coming back to the form that made him POY. He will never recover whatever speed he had, but positionally and the ability to put a telling tackle, there's non much better in the team.

With the potential of an outlet on the left he's again showing his value to the team.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Voice at the back » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:20 am

ezz wrote:Going back to original post i still personally dont think he should be starting even if he did play well today. I'd actually be looking for a young lad to come through and play left back and give him some experience and hope he develops into a decent player. That way when Adams does leave we already have a 'free' replacement for him and dont have to worry about it.

Are we all forgetting Michael Howard. Once he returns to fitness he will be challenging for his place back.
Voice at the back

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:22 am

Voice at the back wrote:

Are we all forgetting Michael Howard. Once he returns to fitness he will be challenging for his place back.

Most definately not. I'd hope he will be the natural replacement for DA next season.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby cultured » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am

Christies Child wrote:
Voice at the back wrote:

Most definately not. I'd hope he will be the natural replacement for DA next season.

At centre half? Doubt it!
cultured

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm

I wasn't saying he was too old....i was saying he wasnt good enough Keith in my personal opinion i dont think he's good enough never mind if he was player of the season LAST season. My comment about the youth coming in was we should try and blood a youngster in for left back as it is cheaper for the club instead of buying a whole new left back. Also we may uncover a rough gem in our youth team/reserves. Many teams use their yout's to great effect i think we could beneift doing the same as long as their slowly introduced and im not talking about sammy putting them on in the 89th minute when were 2-1 down!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Voice at the back » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Cultured

No not as CH as a replacement for Danny Adams. As Danny is a left back usually and not a CH then I would play Micky there :roll: .
Voice at the back

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Bring back Lee Colkin is what i say :lol:
Sammy h

Postby cultured » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Voice at the back wrote:Cultured

No not as CH as a replacement for Danny Adams. As Danny is a left back usually and not a CH then I would play Micky there :roll: .

Ok.

So you want Morecambe to resort back to gold old fashioned 4-4-2 when we've recently changed formation for the last few games and actually look like a) we might score and b) not concede as many, just to play some bloke who people want to play because he's not as fat as Danny Adams?

Strange.
cultured

Postby james456 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm

I like Danny Adams. He's a very tidy defender, dependable and skillful. Obviously he does lack pace and is getting on a bit but he still has a place in our starting 11 imo. Having said that, Howard is also a good player and I hope he can come back and provide some competition.
james456

Postby postie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Danny Adams is one of the most skillful players Morecambe possess.He hardly ever misplaces a pass and reads the game brilliantly.As part of the new formation he has a lot to offer and uses his quick mind to read the game and to make up for lack of speed.He is often the player making a timely tackle or interception and keeps his cool when playing the ball out of defence.We are playing the ball out of defence with him and Henry much better.Last two games only one own goal conceded!
postie

Postby steve mfc » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:44 pm

Michael Howard would be the perfect replacement for Ryan McGivern when he eventually returns to Manchester city, i think his game is more suited to playing as wing back than a full back. He is a decent defender but the strongest part of his game is the way he gets forward, plenty of energy as well he will get up down the pitch all day long.
steve mfc

Postby Keith » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:06 am

ezz wrote:I wasn't saying he was too old....i was saying he wasnt good enough

hmm, if you re-read your first post, you could see why I was easily confused, what with you admitting he'd played well AND then linking him to the 'young lad' [not sure who the "young lad" is who you have in mind?]
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:15 am

I dont have one in mind, i dont know the reserves well enough. I think we should take a chance and use someone from the reserves (probably going to be young) and bring them in through the season, starting in cup matches (JPT) or getting plenty of minutes as a substitute. I can't see Adams playing much longer, i already dont rate him personally so by bringing in some youth now sammy possibly wouldnt have to worry about a replacement left back for the future. (just a suggetion after all) dint mean to cause confusion
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Voice at the back » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:36 am

cultured wrote:

Ok.

So you want Morecambe to resort back to gold old fashioned 4-4-2 when we've recently changed formation for the last few games and actually look like a) we might score and b) not concede as many, just to play some bloke who people want to play because he's not as fat as Danny Adams?

Strange.

No we were originally talking about an eventual replacement for Danny possibly bringing through a young lad from the youth/reserves. I was pointing out that we already have a competant Left back.

What you may be forgetting is that Michael was nicknamed Mr Consistant and for a good reason. 4 2 2 worked at Wembley by the way. Maybe you are suggesting that this is the formation we should use for ever or should we keep on trying new things.

I must agree though the last few games have looked better. :D
Voice at the back

Postby cultured » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:26 am

Voice at the back wrote:
cultured wrote:

Ok.

Strange.

No we were originally talking about an eventual replacement for Danny possibly bringing through a young lad from the youth/reserves. I was pointing out that we already have a competant Left back.

What you may be forgetting is that Michael was nicknamed Mr Consistant and for a good reason. 4 2 2 worked at Wembley by the way. Maybe you are suggesting that this is the formation we should use for ever or should we keep on trying new things.

I must agree though the last few games have looked better. :D

I still struggle to compehend this nickname. Apparently being consistently not quite good enough and occasionally being sent off for stupidity is better that Danny "Mr Competent" Adams.

I'm suggesting we keep this formation as it makes us a lot more solid and hides our shocking lack of pace. If you would like us to play a system that has successfully taken us to 20th in League 2 in 4-4-2, or your brand spanking 4-2-2 system, then you are clearly bonkers. I reiterate that I'm happy that we have Sammy McIlroy as our Manager, someone who got us out of the conference at the first attempt and kept us in League 2 with some great results - along with managing Macc to League 1 on a shoestring, not this messageboard.
cultured

Postby Martin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 am

What you may be forgetting is that Michael was nicknamed Mr Consistant and for a good reason. 4 2 2 worked at Wembley by the way.

Crikey 4 2 2!! That Wembley win was even better than I remembered! ;) :lol:
Martin

Next

Return to General Discussion