Brand and Ross........

Brand and Ross........

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:26 am

Bad news for russell brand and jonathan ross this morning after the radio 2 debacle during the last week - the pair have now been placed on the SACHS offenders register for a year.....
Howe Magic

Re: Brand and Ross........

Postby Curly » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Howe Magic wrote:Bad news for russell brand and jonathan ross this morning after the radio 2 debacle during the last week - the pair have now been placed on the SACHS offenders register for a year.....

I knew it wouldn't take long :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:09 pm

This has become a joke now, annoying thing i heard is that there was hardly any complaints i think it was even less than 10 till the daily mail reported on it then it turned to 18,000 within a day. Yeh they said something they shouldn't have but i've heard worse on Tv, a public apology should have been enough to end all this.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:09 pm

Welcome to Friday's b3ta newsletter folks
campdave

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:10 pm

ezz wrote:This has become a joke now, annoying thing i heard is that there was hardly any complaints i think it was even less than 10 till the daily mail reported on it then it turned to 18,000 within a day. Yeh they said something they shouldn't have but i've heard worse on Tv, a public apology should have been enough to end all this.

Agreed that the reaction is approaching hysterical, but it's different to just saying something on TV, as they actually rang up someone to abuse them. Don't think many fathers or grandfathers on here would appreciate the same thing happening to them.
campdave

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Agreed that the reaction is approaching hysterical, but it's different to just saying something on TV, as they actually rang up someone to abuse them. Don't think many fathers or grandfathers on here would appreciate the same thing happening to them.

Chatting to some teenagers this week and they couldn't understand what the fuss was about, they quite liked the "humour". Then I turned the story round and repeated it as if their grandparents had been left "humorous" voicemails about the sex they'd had with their partners. Amazingly they didn't find that funny.
Phoenix

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:22 pm

What's the betting that the vast majority of these 'offended by' types, didn't even hear the item?

What really pisses me off though is the inflated salaries that they and others get. After all, we are paying for their salaries of £? millions.

Could they claim the £60.50 Job Seekers Allowance during their period of hardship I wonder? ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Could they claim the £60.50 Job Seekers Allowance during their period of hardship I wonder?

No, Ross hasn't lost his job and Brand left voluntarily. They will also be self-employed and the BBC will have them (or their "company") on fixed-term contracts. What Ross has lost is 3 months value of his contract.
Phoenix

Postby Curly » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Christies Child wrote:What's the betting that the vast majority of these 'offended by' types, didn't even hear the item?

What really pisses me off though is the inflated salaries that they and others get. After all, we are paying for their salaries of £? millions.

Could they claim the £60.50 Job Seekers Allowance during their period of hardship I wonder? ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not if you have more than £6000 in savings.
I would imagine both of them have more than that.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:34 pm

as they actually rang up someone to abuse them.

just to be pedantic (?) it was a pre arranged interview that he didn't answer his phone for.
still not excusing the moronic action of 2 very over rated twossers
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:What's the betting that the vast majority of these 'offended by' types, didn't even hear the item?

Is it actually necessary to hear it to know what they did was wrong? As you said, the licence fee pays part of their wages, therefore as someone who pays the licence, I'm entitled to get pissed off about it if I want.

For instance, I regard this as competely different to the Brass Eye paedophile edition, which seemed to provoke a similar outrage from people who hadn't seen the show.
campdave

Postby wijit » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:35 pm

What they did was quite disgusting, but surely to bloody hell there are more important things going on in the world right now to keep this out of the news?
wijit

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09 am

I think the real problem with them both is that even when it was clear they'd gone too far, they didn't come out with a clear, unequivocal apology. "I'm sorry, but it was funny" is hardly going to make things right. It could have been worse for them both if Sachs had taken it further with the police (crank phone call etc). As for the granddaughter, I can't help but think she's delighted despite her protestations. A burlesque dancer, described in one publication as a "page 3 wanna-be" is hardly going to be upset by the publicity.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion