Roche & penalties

Roche & penalties

Postby Phoenix » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Any anoraks on the forum have the statistics for penalties taken against Roche? With the cup games there's been more than a few already this season and he must be up in the top ranks of penalty savers.
Phoenix

Re: Roche & penalties

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:48 pm

He's the new Brad Friedel ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:25 pm

The Press guys behind me in the stand said how he was a real prospect at Notts F but seemed to have lost his way at Chesterfield.

Whichever route map the guy has been using this season then he's well on the road to getting back to being a top keeper.

Chesterfield's loss...our gain.

I bet he's saved more pens this season than any other keeper...in any league...worldwide.

Deservedly MOM today and getting very close to being my POS already.
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby CASS » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:55 pm

It's great for the guy,who came with a lot of critical baggage but has proved himself,and bloody good for him. 1st name on the team sheet.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:09 am

Barry is as near to getting a "Joe" as we will get.

The save from Grant in the 2nd half was excellent and so was the one handed save in the first half.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Number 1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:20 pm

With the criticism levelled at Sammy from some quarters for dodgy signings, people seem to forget the good signings, and Roche is certainly in that bracket. The odd "Moment" of course just like most goalkeepers, but in the main I've been very impressed. Hope we can hang on to McGivern for longer than a month too. He's given us a new dimension with his runs down the left, making one and scoring one yesterday. If we can't keep hold of him for longer, we need to try and use that tactic with one of our other players. Unfortunately, that might not be easy because McGivern is certainly a class player and has a good football brain, so it might not be a simple case of playing someone else there.
Number 1

Postby campdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Number 1 wrote: Hope we can hang on to McGivern for longer than a month too.

It said in the visitor when he signed he was with us until "the turn of the year".

I think following up praise for Sammy for his good signings, it should also be recognised the change in formation which has seen my playing much better football in the last three matches.
campdave

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:03 pm

The signing and the new formation has completely changed the dimension in which Morecambe play and its working really well....Keep up the good work Sammy!
thegentlegiant

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:41 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:...the new formation has completely changed the dimension in which Morecambe play and its working really well....Keep up the good work Sammy!

If only Sammy had listened to me earlier...

...said Negative Ned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Phoenix wrote:Any anoraks on the forum have the statistics for penalties taken against Roche? With the cup games there's been more than a few already this season and he must be up in the top ranks of penalty savers.

Not an anorak but here goes :roll:
He saved one in the friendly against Kendal.
Oldham missed 3 pens and I think Barry saved 2 while the other went over the bar
Chesterfield scored one.
3 saves against Chester
1 saved at Brentford
1 saved yesterday

All these pens at our end and we hav'nt been given one yet !

Anybody add to that :?:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Has been saving well ever since his first league game in 2000 at the tender age of 18. Came off the bench for Forest to make his league debut and his first touch was to save a penalty. Brilliant :!: Keep up the good work :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Barry has given the game away - he does his homework on a Monday Night :lol:

http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/Shrim ... 4653401.jp
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion