Not at all happy....

Not at all happy....

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:09 pm

....'cause I'm finding it difficult to have a moan about todays game.

Give me an hour or two and I'm sure I'll find something......I think!

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Not at all happy....

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Well Rene Howe has torn his hamstring.... is that something you can moan about?
i-love-mfc

Postby Mark S » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:16 pm

Hmmm. Unfortunate for him, but Rene going off changed the game IMO.
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:16 pm

i-love-mfc wrote:Well Rene Howe has torn his hamstring.... is that something you can moan about?

Don't be silly!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:26 pm

i'm gutted...................................................

decided to have a bet on the football today, only do it 2 or 3 times a season, i did a 5 team accumlator on Morecambe :D Darlington :D Rochdale :D Exeter :D and what i thought was the home banker of Bradford :x the odds worked out at 59.47/1 so my £5 would have given me nearly £300, so even tho i am delighted we won im still gutted :(
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:49 pm

So im guessing Rene not very popular amongst you people then ?
i-love-mfc

Postby campdave » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Mark S wrote:Hmmm. Unfortunate for him, but Rene going off changed the game IMO.

Was saying the same thing to the gf near the end - Howe held the ball up for too long on occasion on Tuesday night, holding on and trying to turn into space and loosing it more often than not (must have been watching Carl Baker). It was noticable how much quicker the forwards passed the ball off this afternoon.

Good though the performance was in the second half, there is still much work to do, especially in defence where we still seem completely inept and panicky at times, although we coped better in the 2nd half as we were on the front foot more.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:32 pm

...knew if I thought about it long enough I'd find something to have a moan about.

Thought the referee in general was very poor.

Allowed them to play on after the booking offence by McStay, but in the second period we had clear possession and the advantage but he called the foul without giving us the chance to exploit our possession. Very poor.

As for the lads, still wish we would get more in the box when attacking. Noticed how the Shits managed to get 4 into our box at every opportunity. Ok it didin't come to much but at least they had men in the box.

Still too much time and space given in midfield, which on another day could have cost us dear.

However a much needed win which I'd take any day of the week, even if we play crap!

And finally, I've forgotten how to celebrate a win!

Christies Child

Postby badger » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm

first half both teams looked like two blue square football league teams. second half shrimps were the better team. but roche man of the match says it all.
badger

Postby Martin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:43 pm

The first half was pretty poor. Aldershot had plenty of running and effort, but created little. We simply mis-fired all through the half. One good save by their keeper and Barry Roche's great penalty save were the only real highlights.

Ironically I thought our first goal came just as Aldershot were starting to get a grip on the game. After that we slowly took control and the second goal killed them off. They looked rattled and though they still came at us with pace we coped reasonably well defensively.

Do have to agree about the defence. when you watch them, they look very fragile, yet when you look back at the game the opposition really didn't have that many clear cut chances so the back line can't be that far off being solid.

Thought we played better on Tuesday, but it's a fantastic 3 points with a clean sheet as well. With the other teams around us dropping points it's done our league standing no end of good.
Martin

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:10 pm

roche man of the match says it all.

But Ryan McGivern with one goal and one assist had a good shout for MotM too.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby ezz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Christies Child wrote:...knew if I thought about it long enough I'd find something to have a moan about.

Allowed them to play on after the booking offence by McStay, but in the second period we had clear possession and the advantage but he called the foul without giving us the chance to exploit our possession. Very poor.

As for the lads, still wish we would get more in the box when attacking. Noticed how the Shits managed to get 4 into our box at every opportunity. Ok it didin't come to much but at least they had men in the box.

Still too much time and space given in midfield, which on another day could have cost us dear.

However a much needed win which I'd take any day of the week, even if we play crap!

You not like Aldershot CC :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:34 pm

ezz wrote:
Christies Child wrote:...knew if I thought about it long enough I'd find something to have a moan about.

You not like Aldershot CC :lol:

I'm suprised it's taken so long for somebody to spot my deliberate mistake. :o :o :o
Christies Child

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 pm

CC i almost spat my crisps out with 'the shits' comment. Very funny.

Regarding the game i can see why 'Bagsy' (a fellow shrimps mate of mine has a brother called Barry whose nickname is bagsy) got MOTM....

..But i thought big Wayun had a great game in his imo rightful proper position up front. He led the line superbly and was always looking to bring other people into play.

Sir Stuart of Drummond was also fantastic and deserves a statue in his honour just for skinning a couple of Aldershot players in the second half.

Aldershot were very pacey upfront and we all know how we struggle against pace.

We didn't play as well as we did on Tuesday but got that vital missing ingredient. Luck. And we played 12 men.

Onwards and upwards.

UP THE SHRIMPS.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby steve mfc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Its a strange game football, i didn't think we played anywhere near as good as Tuesday yet we end up winning 2-0, first half i thought they were the better side by a fair bit causing us a lot of problems down our right hand side only a succession of tackles by McStay saving the day.

Talking about saves Roaches from the penalty was great, deserved his man of the match award. Both the goals were well taken, Drumond kept cool to steer the ball into the net and as for McGiverns finish from such an acute angle, well that was just fantastic, great celebration as well did he enjoy that or what.

After our first goal we started to play better but when the second went in you could almost visibly see the confidence returning to the players, they started to relax and knock the ball about.

Its a pity that the next league game is two weeks away at Chester, another big game against a team in the bottom half of the table, hopefully we can take a large support down and build on this win.

Most of the results went our way today, 17th place now, onwards and upwards.
steve mfc

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Finally we got a result :D

Hats off to Roche for keeping us in the game first half. Top class penalty save.

It is just brilliant to be saying, 'a well deserved WIN' instead of 'a well deserved draw'

After the great football of recent games, we scrapped out win a today that wasn't pretty.

I hope Sammy can bring in another striker to replace Howe and keep the momentum going, and I really, really hope he can keep McGivern for a bit longer.

We have endured our share of rubbish refs and linesmen this season, but the bloke with the whistle today was a shocker.

...and still...we won :D

oh yeah...a special mention to the north stand singers...you were excellent all game
OvertheBar

Postby Posh » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 am

MRH wrote:The first half was pretty poor. Aldershot had plenty of running and effort, but created little. We simply mis-fired all through the half. One good save by their keeper and Barry Roche's great penalty save were the only real highlights.

Ironically I thought our first goal came just as Aldershot were starting to get a grip on the game. After that we slowly took control and the second goal killed them off. They looked rattled and though they still came at us with pace we coped reasonably well defensively.

Do have to agree about the defence. when you watch them, they look very fragile, yet when you look back at the game the opposition really didn't have that many clear cut chances so the back line can't be that far off being solid.

Thought we played better on Tuesday, but it's a fantastic 3 points with a clean sheet as well. With the other teams around us dropping points it's done our league standing no end of good.

Absolutely spot on comments.

If the penalty had gone in we'd have had to push on and I'm not sure we could have coped with their pace on the break. That's why Barry deserved MOTM.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion