Mark Lillis and family values......

Mark Lillis and family values......

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Mark lillis keeps saying how much the team are one big family - really wish the supporters would follow that lead and support the team as one....I admit to speaking s..t sometimes on this board or over the 30 years of watching the shrimps but my support is been tested at present with the constant back stabbing of each other at the ground and on this board....I know we will never all agree with things going on at the club but we all support the same team and the team and management are trying the best to make us happy at weekends and get the desired results we all crave for.....i will always support the team win lose or draw but i must admit some of the bickering at matches is making my trips to christie park feel like i am still at work....the team need our support every game even if the results are not always what we want or get...
Howe Magic

Re: Mark Lillis and family values......

Postby Mark S » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 pm

So you thought that you would help heal the rift by coming on here and having a go?

Some suggestions for you and anyone else who feels the need to take some time to log on just to slag off Shrimpsvoices.

Dont log on for a while. You will feel better and you may even break the circle.

HM. On your other point

Move from where you stand at Christie park to an area where fans are not 'bickering'. Is that true? Are fans now taking to 'bickering' and 'backstabbing' during home matches?

Maybe you could spread a little of that special sunshine of yours in a different area?

Get off your soapbox and stop with this regular 'Gospel according to me' nonsense. It is the fuel of the fire you refer to.
Mark S

Postby Mr Munnings » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:31 pm

I thought HM had sold his season ticket?
Mr Munnings

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:32 pm

The key to using this message board is to never take it too seriously. It is far too easy for people to come on here and pontificate in a manner that makes them sound like they know what they are talking about... so, that's most of my posts then.

I see this as a way of letting off steam. Some people take it too personally and don't know when to slow down [hence the need to moderate it] but generally, it should be seen as a bit of bar room bullshit and nothing more.

As for the real world, when we do eventually start to knock up a couple of wins, al the doom will be forgotten, such is the fickle nature of football fans. Hopefully, the return to positive thinking will begin on Saturday!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Martin » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 pm

I think Shrimpsvoices does display family values...

Believe me, when my own family starts bickering and squabbling, it's just like this!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin

Postby Aal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 pm

Methinks you're being a tad harsh here Mark S. Howe's Magic is making a very valid point. We need to show more unity and get behind our team lest we become a big disfunctional family.

Up the Shrimps.

Mark S wrote:So you thought that you would help heal the rift by coming on here and having a go?

Some suggestions for you and anyone else who feels the need to take some time to log on just to slag off Shrimpsvoices.

Dont log on for a while. You will feel better and you may even break the circle.

HM. On your other point

Move from where you stand at Christie park to an area where fans are not 'bickering'. Is that true? Are fans now taking to 'bickering' and 'backstabbing' during home matches?

Maybe you could spread a little of that special sunshine of yours in a different area?

Get off your soapbox and stop with this regular 'Gospel according to me' nonsense. It is the fuel of the fire you refer to.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:37 pm

thanks for your support aal i thought it was a good point too - but to be honest in my opinion if the site admin guys dont like or agree with posts they just knock them down....I am one of the most positive people connected with morecambe fc and to be told to get off my soap box is very insulting - if people dont agree with my comments then tough but i will keep supporting my team the only way i know this site is getting very personal at the moment and its not the sort of thing i like to see around a club BACK ON MY SOAP BOX NOW TO PREACH POSITIVE THOUGHTS - or is positivity the wrong way to be mark s
Howe Magic

Postby Aal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:45 pm

I agree and appreciate good folk like you being positive on here. Please don't give up your postivity, we need more like you on here. :)
Aal

Postby Mark S » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 pm

Do you know what? I agree. I was over the top.

End of a very long week moderating, deleting and refereeing between members. You honestly have no idea how much needs to be done and how much time it takes. You dont see it as it is seamless (mostly)

Spent Wednesday night and most of Thursday sorting out one particular mess and then saw the post and thought 'Oh God, here we go again. Another inflamatory post designed to get reaction and slagging the board off'. Why start a new thread? Why start a thread having a pop at others under the guise of positivity?

I do take extreme exception to the accusation of Admin knocking others down. Are we not allowed an opinion. If I or any of the others were that way inclined, it is just two clicks to delete any post or thread. We dont do that (I could have done it with this thread and saved myself some embarrasment). The board is lightly moderated and we let themes flow. This takes up more time to ensure the threads do not get personal, threatening, abusive or libellous (we have had three out of those four this week), but we feel it is worth it, so I cant complain really. Please dont mix us up with some kind of authority figure, we are just providing a service to fellow fans.

HM I apologise for going OTT, but I feel that you also could have thought about your words more carefully too instead of having a rant at fellow fans. And for the record, I dont disagree with everything you say (see The CB thread).
Mark S

Postby Aal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Well done Mark for being big enough to say sorry. I thought it was a bit out of character for you.

We do all appreciate what you do at the club :)
Aal

Postby Howe Magic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:34 pm

thanks for the apology mark s and i am also sorry if i used or said the wrong words too....
Howe Magic

Postby Christies Child » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 pm

Aal wrote:Well done Mark for being big enough to say sorry. I thought it was a bit out of character for you.

We do all appreciate what you do at the club :)

Too right!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Howe Magic wrote:i will always support the team win lose or draw but i must admit some of the bickering at matches is making my trips to christie park feel like i am still at work

Is there bickering at matches? There's disagreement on here but there always will be - we are each, after all, individuals with our own opinions. Mind you, when I am at Christie Park I'm not anywhere near the North Stand so I wouldn't know what goes on in there. Still, I don't think you'd ever get a situation where 1000 people are all in perfect agreement all of the time :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby campdave » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 pm

marky wrote:Is there bickering at matches?

I've never seen any arguments at matches, but it's easier to pick an argument from behind a keyboard than face-to-face.
campdave

Postby Aal » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Well I've been sworn at more than once for disagreeing with opinions loudly shouted at the players/manager/referee. Can't say it's nice to be sworn at in front of your kids. I refuse to sink to that level.

Agree that it's a rarity but it does happen when folks get heated :x

campdave wrote:
marky wrote:Is there bickering at matches?

I've never seen any arguments at matches, but it's easier to pick an argument from behind a keyboard than face-to-face.
Aal

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:45 am

I've also cleaned up a couple of things this week, I don't think I've needed to do owt for ages.
Must be the New moon.
Aspers

Postby skyecat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:24 am

marky wrote: Still, I don't think you'd ever get a situation where 1000 people are all in perfect agreement all of the time :P

Except for a penalty shout eh?! :D
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby marky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:31 am

Oh you'd still get a few opposing opinions :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:52 am

If you can be arsed to go back and look, I was typing my first reply in this thread as Mark was posting. I'd actually started with "For what it's worth, I agree [with HM]..." but when I went to post I was shown MarkS' response and decided my message was just the same without the "I agree" bit, so I took that out as I didn't want to undermine Mark.

The point is, even as moderators, we dont always agree with each other. I've had messages moderated by other mods and indeed, was publicly brought in to discussion regarding [excessive] swearing.

And that, largely, is why this is like a family. We can talk shit... then be told off for writing "sh1t". We can, and do, disagree with each other, sometimes publicly, sometimes in private. We [the mods] are just as entitled as anyone else to have a drunken rant or ramble... and to be saved from ourselves by the others! And if other users think we are wrong, a PM to another mod might sort it out.

But a public resignation is unlikely to curry favour!

So, I too am glad to see Mark hold his hand up and say he was OTT on this occasion. But I'd also like to say, he gets it right far more often than he gets it wrong and to point out that he puts in more hours cleaning up on here, and takes the role far more seriously than [for example] I do, usually without any thanks and usually with minimal support.

So yes, balls up occasionally, good job frequently, cheers Mark!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:51 am

Drunken rants. whoever would do that!!. 8-)
Aspers

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:25 am

Come on people. Group hug.

AAHH that's better.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 am

mounse mk2 wrote:Come on people. Group hug.

mounse mk2 wrote:I don't about anyone else but sat here wearing my wife's dressing gown, listening to Bruce Springsteen and eating a sausage butty. The season starts today.

I'm not hugging you until you change out of your wife's dressing gown and wash the sausage grease off your fingers... Well, okay, until you wash your hands at least! :lol: :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Arms out wide at the ready Keith.

Just the Bart Simpson boxers and the beer gut to worry about now.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby Keith » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:41 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:Arms out wide at the ready Keith.

Just the Bart Simpson boxers and the beer gut to worry about now.

eww... The mental image of you in your wife's dressing gown really was prettier than the image that has now replaced it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion