How we didnt win tonight

How we didnt win tonight

Postby Abbo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 am

I couldnt believe we didnt win that game, we had enough chances to have won two games but with a combination of bad luck and bad finishing we came away with 1 point and with Grimsby losing the result wasnt to bad but it should have been better.I liked the formation of the team tonight with both of the full backs getting down the wings but i was very dissapointed with Danny Adams, i thought he was poor tonight and i think Drummy could do good job there.
Abbo

Re: How we didnt win tonight

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:59 am

Abbo wrote: but i was very disappointed with Danny Adams, i thought he was poor tonight

I think Danny finally got his sh*t together tonight and he was immense, especially that last ditch tackle that he made after covering a good 50 yards and then rested on the post as the corner was about to be taken BRILLIANT! :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby ezz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:32 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Abbo wrote: but i was very disappointed with Danny Adams, i thought he was poor tonight

I think Danny finally got his sh*t together tonight and he was immense, especially that last ditch tackle that he made after covering a good 50 yards and then rested on the post as the corner was about to be taken BRILLIANT! :lol:

Seriously couldn't disagree more, he was slow on the ball which inturn slowed our attacks down. Twice he lost the ball (whilst being slow on it) which could have led to a goal. Yeah he did do a good recovering tackle....recovering from his own bad positioning. We need a decent left back, i think yates is good enough on the right but Adams has to be on the bench next game. I'd rather play Howe left back, he's taller and faster :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 am

I'm just happy that Sammy picks our team and not Abbo.

Danny is one of the best defenders we've got.
cultured

Postby Abbo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:06 am

Cultured, if Danny Adams is one of the best defenders we have got then, that means the rest arnt very good. He is slow, he gives the ball away, he backs off and backs off when a player runs at him with the ball, his positonal play is crap ! does he have something on Sammy ? because no matter how badly he plays he he always keeps his place in the side
Abbo

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 am

Adams is ok until someone runs at him a number of times Accy tried to go for us on the break and we struggled to get back especially Adams. We looked very vunerable on the break to say the least.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:13 am

Player of the year last year.

Been suffering with illness for the majority of this year and is coming back.

He's not got many years left, but he's superb. If he could be arsed to get fit he'd still be in League 1.

I like the new formation, means that the defenders can defend, which is what they are very good at, and the full/wing backs don't have to worry overly about getting back too much.

Play like that for the rest of the season, then 14th place is assured.
cultured

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:04 am

Were you guys at the same game last night , ive never heard such conflicting reports about same player. My son was at the game and said he played quite well but just a bit slow at times . I must admit that when i have seen him play this season that his lack of pace has cost us a few goals . So can anyone enlighten me as to what has happened to Parrish , i dont think he did much wrong in that position apart from he cant cross with his left foot. Whats the verdict on Wayne's goal my son thought it was a fair challenge just before he scored. :?:
parceldave

Postby GAV01 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

Overall last night was a positive, the team played well throughout and we actually looked like we wanted to win, also every player closed down and all were very commited unlike usual ! I thought danny adams had a good game overall, yes he did make a couple of mistakes but if you watched the game last night so did literally every player !

The main reason for us not winning last night was luck, we could have been winning at half time if the shots that hit the bar went in ! but when your struggling to get wins these things happen so we have to keep trying and the wins will come eventually.

I thought Accy were very poor last night and mainly because we didnt really give them chance on the ball to play their game, also we marked mullin well and obviously he is accys main threat.

But i still think we are missing a decent right winger, and another centre forward to partner rene howe upfront, as i think taylor still needs more time before he starts in the first team.

Looking forward to saturday now, lets get the 3 points in that one !
GAV01

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

ezz wrote:

Seriously couldn't disagree more, he was slow on the ball which inturn slowed our attacks down. Twice he lost the ball (whilst being slow on it) which could have led to a goal.

The same comment could apply for the majority of our midfield and defense last night. Our passing was shocking as time.

I don't think Bentley had a good match last night, funny how it seems to be Adams that always gets picked on though.
campdave

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:01 pm

campdave wrote:
ezz wrote:

Seriously couldn't disagree more, he was slow on the ball which inturn slowed our attacks down. Twice he lost the ball (whilst being slow on it) which could have led to a goal.

The same comment could apply for the majority of our midfield and defense last night. Our passing was shocking as time.

I don't think Bentley had a good match last night, funny how it seems to be Adams that always gets picked on though.

Here we go again , ive been told and read that Bentley was everywhere last night and not far from being M.O.T.M. :roll: :roll: :roll:
parceldave

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 pm

parceldave wrote:
Here we go again , ive been told and read that Bentley was everywhere last night and not far from being M.O.T.M. :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's all opinions though isn't it?
campdave

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Some being more valuble than others though.

McLachlan made a difference last night. Far from being a gifted footballer of any description, he battled and broke up play which helped us retain the ball, which we did very well.

Pace is what we're short of. Taylors going to be good, he's just too lightweight at the moment. The difference between an accy clogger trying to kick a big bricklayer, rather than a 17 year old was enormous.

Why oh why is every free kick seen as a bloody set piece in this division? Can we not just play it short once every now and then?
Last edited by cultured on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cultured

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 pm

parceldave wrote:Were you guys at the same game last night , ive never heard such conflicting reports about same player. My son was at the game and said he played quite well but just a bit slow at times . I must admit that when i have seen him play this season that his lack of pace has cost us a few goals . So can anyone enlighten me as to what has happened to Parrish , i dont think he did much wrong in that position apart from he cant cross with his left foot. Whats the verdict on Wayne's goal my son thought it was a fair challenge just before he scored. :?:

I think it depends what you were looking for with Danny last night. If you were looking for mistakes, then you'll have seen them, but if you were looking for some good tackling and support play you'll have seen that too. He has been caught out and possibly been responsible for goals at times this season but overall last night there was an improvement. As for Parrish, I certainly think he deserves to play some part as I agree, he's not done too much wrong.
Martin

Postby The Fury » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:12 pm

cultured wrote:Some being more valuble than others though.

But I thought all animals were equal?
The Fury

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Only when they go in 2 by 2.
cultured

Postby ezz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 pm

campdave wrote:
ezz wrote:

Yes i was at the game last night, most people are basing their opinions of danny adams based on the last 2 season, fact is he isn't good enough anymore people need to realise this. Yet the same people will complain that we've signed players on 2year contracts for being loyal to the club. Adams is slow on the ball, we'll never break down the left fast enough to call it a counter attack with him in the team. He backs off constantly when players run at him inviting them closer to shoot or win a free kick in a dangerous position (i'd rather him just foul them further out). Another thing that really annoyed me was he's supposed to be experience......last night he flattened one of their players in the stanley area when his bad touch was going out for a corner, instead they got a free kick because of his clumsiness. ayou could even see Mcgivern getting frustrated with his slow distribution, sorry but with Adams in the team we'll struggle on the left!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Return to General Discussion