Postby mfc:) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm

1. curtis goal was not a foul before that
2.Hit the crossbar twice in the space of 30 seconds
3.The second victory of the year is sure to be comeing soon
4.played some great football
mfc:)

Re: Just not our luck

Postby Harry » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 pm

I can't beleive how much bad luck we're having recently, tonight was the culmination (hopefully!) - an own goal, the woodwork thrice and poor refereeing decisions. At least we've got some self belief and we're trying hard for points, although you could see after Curtis' goal was disallowed our hearts went completely out of the game, going forward at least. I wish that Saturday will be the day we put this spell behind us, and to be frank there should be no reason why we can't confidently beat Aldershot on Saturday.
Harry

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:47 pm

totally agree about saturday harry - even though aldershot are decent at home they are awful away from home losing 6 out of 7 and conceding 8 goals on there last 2 aways trips.....
Howe Magic

Postby steve mfc » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 pm

If we keep playing like that we will soon start winning games, apart from the first ten minutes we were by far the better team and with any luck at all we would have picked up all three points.

Roach had very little to do compared to most games this season, good effort by the lads tonight, just a shame we couldn't get the winner that our play deserved.
steve mfc

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Today was a very good performance, we looked up for it and battled for everything. Jimbo and Mcstay looked solid especially against block head mullins. Yates looked good and tried to go forward even with no natural wingers infront of him. Time for Adams to be out the starting 11 he really offers nothing anymore im sorry to say it, he has been good in the past but he just isn't up to the pace of the game anymore and made mistakes that could have cost us a 2nd goal.
Fraser was a workhorse in the middle and won the ball many times and distribution barring a couple of attacking passes was generaly good. Stanners and drummond were very good today and actually bombed forward like they should knowing fraser was behind to watch over the defense. Howe did well in the air a lot of the match but didn't really have much support, Taylor doesn't look like he should be starting, he was pushed off the ball many times and offered very little in attack. Curtis came on and brought energy, strength and good attacking play on both sides of the pitch. If we perform like that for the rest of the season theres not a chance we'll be close to the bottom, saying that Stanley wern't very good and off set pieces their defending was awful. You could say 2 points dropped but its one more point towards safety!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:10 am

it's looking alot more optimistic now. after the promising second half against rochdale and the decent performance at Vale tonight's only disappointment is that we didn't have the run of the ball or the luck to secure all three points.
Saturday will be three points in the bag IMO, a win against grimsby in the cup to boot will hopefully bring them crowds back too.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby badger » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 am

I still think we are missing that extra bit of pace up front.
i think we were the better side overall, we are just having know luck at the moment.
badger

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:31 am

I enjoyed the game tonight because we didn't let our heads go down when they took the lead and absolutely battered stanley the whole game, can't ever remember seeing such a poor stanley side and Mullin playing so deep he could have been a centre half,
Yes if we play like that again someone's going to be on the wrong end of a beating
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 am

badger wrote:I still think we are missing that extra bit of pace up front.
i think we were the better side overall, we are just having know luck at the moment.

I agree we are lacking for pace up front, and I don't think Aaron Taylor is the answer.

By that, I mean I don't think we should be playing him so much so early in his career, especially during this bad run of results we are having.

I hope it doesn't dis-hearten the lad, he is going to be a massive player in years to come :)

He is, without doubt, getting some very valuable "on - pitch" time which won't do him any harm. I wouldn't want to see him burn out, although some say youngsters are naturally fit, I'd still give him a bit of a rest - maybe bring him off the bench.

You make your own luck by the way :!:
(think positive)
I'm off to work before I'm late! :(
morecambe mick

Postby mfcbro » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:15 am

Doesnt matter how well you play you still need a bit of luck.Really good performance from the lads tonight.I would replace Adams with Artell if we are playing 3 centre backs and try Curtis up front with Howe,otherwise leave the rest as they are.Lets have a settled team and system for a game or two,so the players know what they are meant to be doing.The two wing backs did well last night as did the rest of the team.Well done boys lets look forward to saturday with a bit more optimism.Oh and by the way well done north stand great noise and atmosphere,hope it can be repeated on saturday.
mfcbro

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:37 am

After a nervous start, it was a good performance. Accrington tried to come at us with pace but generally our defence coped quite well. It was good to see Yates and McGivern getting forward and putting crosses in, pity we don't have Coley in the middle to get on the end of them! Howe and Taylor worked hard but I have to agree that Taylor isn't yet ready to be given a start; he needs to gain a little more experience coming from the bench.

Can't argue with Stanners as Man of the Match, but I'd say Jimbo was also in with a shout. He seemed to be everywhere along that back line.

We do need a goalscorer, someone who just gets into the box and slams it home from 6 yards - some of the crosses were crying out for it.

It's disappointing to have come away with just 1 point from the last 2 games, but both performances have shown that, whilst we're still a little short in some departments, we may be slowly turning that corner.

Let's hope our luck finally changes on Saturday - either that or raise the crossbar 2 inches! :lol:
Martin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 am

We are one player away from being a really good side.

A preditory striker to pick up the scraps and turn them into goals and we will move up the table. A pity we missed out on Andy Kirk , he seems to score every time I look at Dunfermlines results.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mfc:) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:47 am

I think sammy needs to give curtis a chance at starting he makes such a impact when he comes on like that goal that did not count simply because i think the player was to strong for the defenders .
mfc:)

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 am

I have to say I am a lot more optomistics after last night. I think if we keep to that formation and playing like that we will soon turn the corner. For the first time this season we looked like our oldselves passing it about and trying to get forward. Our pattern of play had come back and we finally looked like we had some idea of what wer should be doing.
I think with the wing back systems and letting yates and McGiven get forward made all the difference giving us a couple of extra outlets where as before our options were very limited. They are two of our most creative players which is worrying when they are defenders.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:00 am

Howe Magic wrote:totally agree about saturday harry - even though aldershot are decent at home they are awful away from home losing 6 out of 7 and conceding 8 goals on there last 2 aways trips.....

Aldershot are the 2nd worst away team in the league only better than Grimsby.
P7 W1 D0 L6 :!:
Saying that though, we are 3rd worst :!: (but we're at home :!: :) )
The return of JESUS :o - Chris Blackburn and the vastly travelled Dean Howells who to my amazement has played at 7 other clubs since leaving Christie Park :o albeight Halifax on two seperate occasions
nobbyshrimp

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 am

agreed that we need a predatory goal scorer, but to be honest at the start of the season i thought Howe would be the man, and he scored some poachers goals but he didn't look particularly interested last night, which was a shame as if he had attacked every cross i think he would have scored.

also i think in the first half he stuck a foot out when their two centre halves passed to each other and ran at goal but passed it wide when i though he'd have had a shot.

who was the last MFC player to wear gloves? walmsey?
wonder shrimp

Postby mfcbro » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am

I think you will find the last m.f.c. player to wear gloves was Barry Roche.
mfcbro

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:58 am

mfcbro wrote:I think you will find the last m.f.c. player to wear gloves was Barry Roche.

Reading through the above posts it seems as though we have a decent side without any of the players that were bought in the summer as none of their names were mentioned. Maybe when Twissy is fit he could fill that vital goal scoring position that we need and we could have saved some money and got a winger on loan . :?: :?: :?:
parceldave

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 pm

parceldave wrote:
mfcbro wrote:I think you will find the last m.f.c. player to wear gloves was Barry Roche.

Reading through the above posts it seems as though we have a decent side without any of the players that were bought in the summer as none of their names were mentioned. Maybe when Twissy is fit he could fill that vital goal scoring position that we need and we could have saved some money and got a winger on loan . :?: :?: :?:

I think Blinkhorn with a bit of pace up front will make a difference when he comes back in, now that McGivern and Yates seem to be getting a few crosses into the box
campdave

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:20 pm

parceldave wrote:

Howe, McGovern? and Taylor didn't play you're quite right.
cultured

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm

roache did well and mcgivern looks an exciting prospect, got plenty of decent crosses in and could have scored with a free header in first half.
wonder shrimp

Postby parceldave » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 pm

cultured wrote:
parceldave wrote:

Howe, McGovern? and Taylor didn't play you're quite right.

None of them were bought i dont think Howe and McGivern on loan and Taylor from reserves :?:
parceldave

Postby cultured » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 pm

Reading through the above posts it seems as though we have a decent side without any of the players that were bought in the summer as none of their names were mentioned. Maybe when Twissy is fit he could fill that vital goal scoring position that we need and we could have saved some money and got a winger on loan . :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

Howe, McGovern? and Taylor didn't play you're quite right.[/quote]

None of them were bought i dont think Howe and McGivern on loan and Taylor from reserves :?:[/quote]

What fees have did we pay for Carr, Parrish and Wainwright other than agent fees if applicable and wages? The only fee we've paid for in years is for Stuart Drummond. We'll be paying for Howe's wages and maybe McGiverns and Taylor at 17, given that this is Sammys 4th season at the club can happily say he's brought him through the ranks.
cultured

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Strange how we all see the game differently....

At the final whistle last night, although disappointed with the result, I thought we`d played pretty well and certainly deserved all 3 points. Having also witnessed the spirited display at Vale Park, I was feeling fairly positive about the future.

However, despite being a regular for many many years, last night was the 1st game my dad has managed to get to this season....

Discussing the game afterwards, my dad (who sat in the main stand, whilst I was in the North Stand) couldn`t believe how poor the standard of our football was compared to last season, or even seasons before that when we were in the conference. He thought we were terrible.... slow, lacking creativity, no urgency, unable to string passes together, etc...! My dad is usually pretty reasonable in his assessment, so I can only assume that I have become so accostumed to the below par performances that we have generally been served up this season, that my expectations have been significantly lowered. Perhaps lower expectations are a good thing?
Wigan Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Wigan Shrimp wrote:Strange how we all see the game differently....

At the final whistle last night, although disappointed with the result, I thought we`d played pretty well and certainly deserved all 3 points. Having also witnessed the spirited display at Vale Park, I was feeling fairly positive about the future.

However, despite being a regular for many many years, last night was the 1st game my dad has managed to get to this season....

Discussing the game afterwards, my dad (who sat in the main stand, whilst I was in the North Stand) couldn`t believe how poor the standard of our football was compared to last season, or even seasons before that when we were in the conference. He thought we were terrible.... slow, lacking creativity, no urgency, unable to string passes together, etc...! My dad is usually pretty reasonable in his assessment, so I can only assume that I have become so accostumed to the below par performances that we have generally been served up this season, that my expectations have been significantly lowered. Perhaps lower expectations are a good thing?

Its a good job your Dad missed the Grimsby and Dagenham home matches.
We played like Brazil last night when compared with those games.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion