Wage Cap?

Wage Cap?

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 am

Is the wage cap the same amount for each club?

If so how are we paying the full amount on par with teams like Bradford, Darlington and all the other larger teams in the division. Seems crazy if were always going about how small our budget is yet were forking out maximum wage a week on the poor quality players we have.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Wage Cap?

Postby Phoenix » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:39 am

It's not a value, it's a calculation based on turnover, etc.
Phoenix

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 am

Ah ok wasn't sure if it wasn't just a league limit for all teams, was worried we were spending the same as everyone else but without the quality
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 am

Phoenix wrote:It's not a value, it's a calculation based on turnover, etc.

Maximum 60% of turnover I do believe. This is in total and not just on ticket sales, hence the importance of increasing revenue by other means at a new stadium.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 am

So if we all start eating more pies then we can afforrd to attract better players , right :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:05 am

marky No.1 wrote:

Maximum 60% of turnover I do believe. This is in total and not just on ticket sales, hence the importance of increasing revenue by other means at a new stadium.

also allowed to be counted as turnover for wage cap calculations is the sale of share capital to the Directors and that happens every year to cover losses.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby DTSJim » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

parceldave wrote:

So if we all start eating more pies then we can afforrd to attract better players , right :D :D :D

I'm with you on that one mate! Pies make prizes! :D
DTSJim

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:45 pm

DTSJim wrote:
parceldave wrote:

I'm with you on that one mate! Pies make prizes! :D

I'de say drink more beer too but JB's is a rip off , it was cheaper drinking in London last w/end only £2.30 for London Pride :o :o
parceldave

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Salary cap: Has been operational for around two years in League Two. It was introduced - and continues to run - on a voluntary basis (I think?), with the aim being to help clubs to stay solvent.
Clubs cannot spend more than 60 per cent of their annual income on players' wages, and no more than 75 per cent on all salaries. The Football League has no legal recourse to sanctions but scrutinises accounts to make sure that clubs are staying within their limits."

This was accurate in 2005 so I don't know if anything has changed since except for the fact it might be mandatory now?
The FA are investigating the possibilities of implementing it in the Premiership too :o

Hence the importance that we remain in the league and move ASAP and generate other avenues of revenue through 5 a side pitches/Banqueting room/Restaurant/Letting out office space/Renting out drive thou/hotel etc etc etc. More money coming in = more money to spend :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby james456 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:43 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:Salary cap: Has been operational for around two years in League Two. It was introduced - and continues to run - on a voluntary basis (I think?), with the aim being to help clubs to stay solvent.
Clubs cannot spend more than 60 per cent of their annual income on players' wages, and no more than 75 per cent on all salaries. The Football League has no legal recourse to sanctions but scrutinises accounts to make sure that clubs are staying within their limits."

This was accurate in 2005 so I don't know if anything has changed since except for the fact it might be mandatory now?
The FA are investigating the possibilities of implementing it in the Premiership too :o

Hence the importance that we remain in the league and move ASAP and generate other avenues of revenue through 5 a side pitches/Banqueting room/Restaurant/Letting out office space/Renting out drive thou/hotel etc etc etc. More money coming in = more money to spend :!:

Haha awesome... make it 20% for them!
james456

Postby nobbyshrimp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:33 pm

I remember listening to a League 2 club chairman recently talking at a fans forum about wages and he stated that League 2 clubs pay between half a million + two million per annum on players wages, obviously depending on which club and annual turnover. League one clubs are between 1.5 million + 4 million.
If we miss out the Championship and just think about the Premiership for a minute; on average 25 1st team squad players x some are rumoured to be on 25,000/week.....how much is that they are shelling out :o
When you look at the size of our club and the figures above it makes me realise how lucky we are to have Sammy+Mark and a bloody good board of directors in charge
nobbyshrimp

Return to General Discussion