O/T A6 at Carnforth closed

O/T A6 at Carnforth closed

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:54 am

River Keer has burst its banks, never seen it as bad as this before :shock:
There's a tree down near the roundabout as well!
A6flood26.10.08.JPG

A.6flood26.10.08.JPG

You can still access the road as far as Travellers Choice and buy a caravan before you go under the railway bridge :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: O/T A6 at Carnforth closed

Postby Number 1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Just go up Kellet Road then down the motorway to Pine Lake, not too much of a problem that, as long as there are no bikes or learners!
Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Had at least 25 calls this afternoon from people coming off the M6 and in a flap cos they can't find their way here! sat nav useless when there's a tree in the way :lol:

It's quite entertaining watching the cars ignoring the "road closed" signs, speeding down the hill towards the bridge then 2 minutes later revving back up the hill violently! :lol: :lol:

Maybe they are Chelsea Fans :shock:
marky No.1

Postby Number 1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:02 pm

marky No.1 wrote: sat nav useless when there's a tree in the way :lol:

Shouldn't be; If you have a tomtom at least there's a "Avoid roadblock" feature. Although to be fair, I'm not sure people use it too much. It's good for motorway queues though, as long as you don't put 100 yards because it will take you off the junction then back on again!
Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:19 pm

Number 1 wrote:
marky No.1 wrote: sat nav useless when there's a tree in the way :lol:

Shouldn't be; If you have a tomtom at least there's a "Avoid roadblock" feature. Although to be fair, I'm not sure people use it too much. It's good for motorway queues though, as long as you don't put 100 yards because it will take you off the junction then back on again!

I will try that on the way home - see if i get wet :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 am

marky No.1 wrote:Had at least 25 calls this afternoon from people coming off the M6 and in a flap cos they can't find their way here! sat nav useless when there's a tree in the way :lol:

It's quite entertaining watching the cars ignoring the "road closed" signs, speeding down the hill towards the bridge then 2 minutes later revving back up the hill violently! :lol: :lol:

Maybe they are Chelsea Fans :shock:

25 people wanting to go to Carnforth , is that a record or were they just worried that they maybe stranded there . :o . It took me 30 yrs to dig that tunnel but i only got as far as Morecambe. :D :D :D . I think the Keer has burst its banks a few times in the past , 77 might have been the last really bad one but i think they have raised the road level since then and the bridge .Visitor might have some piccy's, but doubtful as Morecambe was centre of attension that year for some reason. :o
parceldave

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:46 am

It took me 30 yrs to dig that tunnel but i only got as far as Morecambe. .

I made it to Kent :lol: :lol:
I remember 77, was at the Warton Grange that night drove home to Silverdale got as far as Crag Foot and had to turn round go back through Warton and the Yealands just to get home !! good job I wasn't p*ssed :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby parceldave » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Andy wrote:
It took me 30 yrs to dig that tunnel but i only got as far as Morecambe. .

I made it to Kent :lol: :lol:
I remember 77, was at the Warton Grange that night drove home to Silverdale got as far as Crag Foot and had to turn round go back through Warton and the Yealands just to get home !! good job I wasn't p*ssed :lol:

I was doing a taxi job from Manchester Airport when engine blew up and i had to walk 2 miles to Forton services to phone . (battery was flat on Mobile) :lol: . Drowned rat or what, and i was late for darts. :o Going home from Warton Grange and you wern't pissed , what was the name of your Vicarage :lol: :lol: :lol:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Did'nt realise all this was going on down there :shock:

http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/news/?p ... oid=250686
marky No.1

Postby Andy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Going home from Warton Grange and you wern't pissed , what was the name of your Vicarage

Who said I wasn't :o
I must admit I was a naughty boy back then !! but I don't do it nowadays.
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 am

Andy wrote:
Going home from Warton Grange and you wern't pissed , what was the name of your Vicarage

Especially from Warton Grange , anyway you should have walked had some great laughs trying to walk home from there. 8-) 8-) 8-)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 am

parceldave wrote:
Andy wrote:

Especially from Warton Grange , anyway you should have walked had some great laughs trying to walk home from there. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I remember going there when Simon Bates, Mike Reid, Emperor Rosco and D.L.T. were D.J. ing. Was like a race track back into Carnforth :o
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 am

Was that about 79 or 80, i remember Simon Bates and D.L.T were pretty good and i think there was Gary Davies and Paul Burnett too . They all had their own little party games apart from Mike Reid who just asked the audience to fire pop questions at him , it was quite crap. Were you another naughty boy who drove home too. :o :o :o . tut tut
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 am

parceldave wrote:Was that about 79 or 80, i remember Simon Bates and D.L.T were pretty good and i think there was Gary Davies and Paul Burnett too . They all had their own little party games apart from Mike Reid who just asked the audience to fire pop questions at him , it was quite crap. Were you another naughty boy who drove home too. :o :o :o . tut tut

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe a naughty boy but I was'nt quite old enough to drive - had to drink lemonade as well :oops:
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:05 am

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote:Was that about 79 or 80, i remember Simon Bates and D.L.T were pretty good and i think there was Gary Davies and Paul Burnett too . They all had their own little party games apart from Mike Reid who just asked the audience to fire pop questions at him , it was quite crap. Were you another naughty boy who drove home too. :o :o :o . tut tut

Maybe a naughty boy but I was'nt quite old enough to drive - had to drink lemonade as well :oops:

Waiting room on Carnforth Station was always a good place for a sh.. rest. :o :o :o
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am

parceldave wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

Waiting room on Carnforth Station was always a good place for a sh.. rest. :o :o :o

You remember those Brief Encounters - Do I know you?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:19 pm

I hope not from there im not that way inclined :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Dont know if you know me but :- I lived at Kellet Rd P.O in 60's , my grandfather had coal buisness, i went to Carnforth High. I worked for B.R 70 's n 80 's and Taxis , My son still lives there and is known as Littlechef. Any wiser. :?:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:21 pm

parceldave wrote:I hope not from there im not that way inclined :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Dont know if you know me but :- I lived at Kellet Rd P.O in 60's , my grandfather had coal buisness, i went to Carnforth High. I worked for B.R 70 's n 80 's and Taxis , My son still lives there and is known as Littlechef. Any wiser. :?:

You have a p.m. Dave ;)
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion