Stanley tuesday

Stanley tuesday

Postby mfc:) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Come on lets the whole north stand get behind the team on tuesday and sing our hearts out hopefully balloons or most people just bring there singing voices with them.
MTID
mfc:)

Re: Stanley tuesday

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:16 pm

When I saw the title I thought he ws another loan signing! :lol:
Martin

Postby i-love-mfc » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 am

If we have balloons on Tuesday, I think we should let them go in the second half.
i-love-mfc

Postby Number 1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 am

I think balloons are a jinx. They've done nothing for us so far.
Number 1

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:48 am

Number 1 wrote:I think balloons are a jinx. They've done nothing for us so far.

Of course the balloons do have a massive effect on the cosmos and put it all out of balance resulting in negative vibes concentrated towards anything red on the pitch, including Ken Parker's eyes! :lol:

I used to be superstitious, but I am not any more, touch wood.

Funny though I found out yesterday that my Exeter v Morecambe had been wiped off the Sky+ hard drive despite having 'Keep' and a 'lock' on it. :x Arrrgh! Despite doing many back up copies which have subsequently been 'stolen' by friends, I didnt have a copy for myself on DVD. I immediately thought, with total logic, that Morecambes poor season was somehow related and the action of losing that had somehow affected us as a club (well, things were OK when I had it!). It reminded me of three seasons ago when one of the kids broke my Morecambe v Ipswich mug and I thought that it was the end of the season as I always took my first drink of the day out of the mug on match days as the one time I didnt do it, we lost! :oops:

Has anyone else got irrational superstitions or rituals for match day?
:P
Mark S

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 am

When I went to Wembley in 2007 I had deep in my pocket the same red and white scarf that I had taken to Wembley in 1974. Two victories!! Must have been the scarf. By the way it came out of my pocket at full time last year!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Martin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:14 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:When I went to Wembley in 2007 I had deep in my pocket the same red and white scarf that I had taken to Wembley in 1974. Two victories!! Must have been the scarf. By the way it came out of my pocket at full time last year!!

And I thought it was my scarf! I wore the same scarf in 2007 that my mum knitted for me for the 1974 final. I'll be wearing it next time we're there too!! :D
Martin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 pm

MRH wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:When I went to Wembley in 2007 I had deep in my pocket the same red and white scarf that I had taken to Wembley in 1974. Two victories!! Must have been the scarf. By the way it came out of my pocket at full time last year!!

And I thought it was my scarf! I wore the same scarf in 2007 that my mum knitted for me for the 1974 final. I'll be wearing it next time we're there too!! :D

Do you think if we both took these "lucky" scarves to the Accrington game it would make a difference??
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Martin » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:41 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
MRH wrote:

Do you think if we both took these "lucky" scarves to the Accrington game it would make a difference??

It's worth a try, but I'd like to think we're going to win anyway :D
Martin

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:58 pm

One thing I'd like to see on Tuesday, and every other game, is fans welcoming the squad as they arrive. Even just a handful wishing them luck and telling them they're behind them 100% would be good. I see it when the away team coach arrives, more often than not some of their supporters have gathered by the main gate. Maybe they only want autographs but they're there and encourage their players. Away games it's rare when you don't see home fans welcoming the players as they wander in.

Evening matches they arrive from about 6/615 to 630, saturdays between 1 & 130.
Phoenix

Postby mfc:) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Remember the streamers they brought last year that delayed the game when they scored
Why not who ever has flags banners bring them stick them around the ground in north stand before the game ?

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Phoenix wrote:One thing I'd like to see on Tuesday, and every other game, is fans welcoming the squad as they arrive. Even just a handful wishing them luck and telling them they're behind them 100% would be good. I see it when the away team coach arrives, more often than not some of their supporters have gathered by the main gate. Maybe they only want autographs but they're there and encourage their players. Away games it's rare when you don't see home fans welcoming the players as they wander in.

Evening matches they arrive from about 6/615 to 630, saturdays between 1 & 130.

good idea to boost their moral brian. difference is though when its an away team they all arrive together on the coach and you can catch them all at once, at a home game they arrive in sepparate cars and staggered. I think a really good reception from the crowd when they come out onto the pitch is just as good a sign of support.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby mfc:) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Like i said flags banners stuck around on tuesday something we never do at home?!

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:19 pm

at a home game they arrive in sepparate cars and staggered

I'd just like to point out that the players are sober and don't stagger when they arrive ;) Joking aside, why not nip down about 115 and just say hi to them, give them a boost before they get into the dressing room.
Phoenix

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Nip down at 1.15??? That's a bit early for a Tuesday night match, isn't it?
seasonsinthesun

Postby mfc:) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Just been on the accrington forum seems like there bringing streamers again.

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:55 pm

mfc:) wrote:Just been on the accrington forum seems like there bringing streamers again.

Whoopedy. Hope the ref kicks off on time rather than waiting 5 minutes for them to clear them up.
campdave

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:02 pm

From the main stand it looked like plain old bog roll
Harry

Postby John L » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:16 pm

Harry wrote:From the main stand it looked like plain old bog roll

In Accrington, bog roll qualifies as streamers!!! :lol:
John L

Postby mfc:) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Ha just may they of had the piles ?

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:35 pm

It was bog roll wasn't it?

Good news about the ref i think, lets try and get behind the boys and get the horth stand rocking, always better atmosphere at night matches i think.
Sammy h

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Till rolls.
Phoenix

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Sammy h wrote:get the horth stand rocking, always better atmosphere at night matches i think.

Agreed
Bare Ben

Postby steve mfc » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Phoenix wrote:Till rolls.

Held the game up for a bit as well while they were removed along with one of their supporters i seem to remember.
steve mfc

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 pm

and the guy that threw them didn't see the rest of the game. Think on North Stand ;)
Phoenix

Next

Return to General Discussion