Negativity

Negativity

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Yesterday i went to another football league game.

Yes, i am still a "proper" Morecambe fan, and no i haven't lost hope and stopped supporting the lads, it was more of a change so to speak. Anyway, during the game they were pretty poor and it was just like being back at home watching us :lol: But the fans didn't get down, or boo them at half time, or shout abuse at the manager. As a result, they later went on to win the game.

They just kept singing and getting behind the team, why the hell can't we do that. I come back on the board and see our own fans arguing amongst eachother as always.

"Sammy should have done this"
"Sammy should have done that" etc.

Always thinking we know better than eachother, so why don't we take a step back and think where we are compared to say two years ago? And for once, for the whole game, lets try and get behind the boys on Tuesday.
Sammy h

Re: Negativity

Postby slackAlice » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:31 pm

sammy h
Yesterday i went to another football league game.

Come on then Sam - where did you go ??????
slackAlice

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Work it out for yourself ;)
Sammy h

Postby slackAlice » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Leeds , Tranmere or Rochdale ?

I'd say LEEDS ?
slackAlice

Postby Valefan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Spot on. Although it is down to the team ultimatly.

The problem with Vale this season is that we have lost 5 out of 7 home games, and we have lost to much worse teams than yourselves.

As you may or may not know, we halved our season ticket price and doubled our season ticket holders (from an average 4,000 attendance last season in league 1, to 6,000 odd this seaon)

And the fans get on the players back, especially if we go a goal down, after that we fall apart and don't look t get back into it.

The reason we beat you yesterday was because we scored first, and had a few chances early on and the crowd got behind the team.

I honestly belive that the crowd can make the difference between winning and losing.
Valefan

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:20 pm

Spot on Alice
Sammy h

Postby slackAlice » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 pm

We had a run through the week before last - Leeds Vs Brighton - my lad was quite taken by the whole experience and wants to know when were going again ?? :o :o

We're they singing 'We're not famous anymore' and of course 'Marching on together' - they can still make a din.

Well I'm as high as a kite tonight Sam and I havn't touched a drop or been near the old Bob Hope - I wonder why ??????
slackAlice

Postby Sammy h » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm

They were belting out all the classics, me and Bare Ben even joined in with a few of them :o

Watch out for that young kid who scored two belters, one for the future.

Where were you sitting slack?
Sammy h

Postby slackAlice » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:12 pm

We were in the South Stand [Family] right behind the goal ; about 4 rows back. The Brighton fans were up in the corner and there was a good few of em - made for some good banter between two sets of fans. It was a bit pricey to get in because we were'nt members but it was a good day out. I had been there a couple of times before in the 80's - but its a pretty impressive ground especially for League 1 !
I was thinking it would be a laugh if we did draw them in a cup at our place [Christie Pk] - can you imagine 4,000 + of their fans landing in Morecambe ???
slackAlice

Return to General Discussion