Ryan McGivern

Ryan McGivern

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Thought he had a very good debut and fitted into the side well.

Looked a very confident, comfortable and classy player - just what we need.
Martin

Re: Ryan McGivern

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:35 am

MRH wrote:Thought he had a very good debut and fitted into the side well.

Looked a very confident, comfortable and classy player - just what we need.

Bit of an understatement that one, if you don't mind me saying :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am

If anyone can get compromising photos of Mark Hughes please let Sammy know as we NEED to keep this lad to the end of the season if possible. Class indeed.
Mark S

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 pm

And his influence on the side will grow, I reckon. A couple of occasions yesterday when he crossed a ball when he could have taken his man on and got into the box. I think when he knows his new team-mates have more faith in him, he will take a few more risks and they'll come off. Wanted to 'do the right thing' and try to find a colleague yesterday when he clearly has the ability to do a bit more on his own.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 pm

shrimper wrote:And his influence on the side will grow, I reckon. A couple of occasions yesterday when he crossed a ball when he could have taken his man on and got into the box. I think when he knows his new team-mates have more faith in him, he will take a few more risks and they'll come off. Wanted to 'do the right thing' and try to find a colleague yesterday when he clearly has the ability to do a bit more on his own.

Interesting comment about crossing the ball.

Maybe we don't cross the ball sooner enough and that in fact he was right to do what he did. :?: At least it was crossed into the box. It's now up to our strikers to anticipate that and act accordingly.

Just hope that he continues to do that and not be told to do otherwsie. At least it's something new for us.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Don't get me wrong, a couple of the crosses were good ones but there were other times when he was up against a slower, back tracking marker and there was an acre behind him. You just thought 'go on, take him on' and he'd have been in and clear on goal.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

His crosses weren't always perfect - but let's remember this was his first ever league game, and he is far from the finished product. Offered more down that side yesterday than I've seen us produce all season
campdave

Postby Number 1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:33 pm

Had a few shots too. Don't remember our other full backs getting into shooting positions too much this season.
Number 1

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Number 1 wrote:Had a few shots too. Don't remember our other full backs getting into shooting positions too much this season.

to be fair we had win backs yesterday with the three central defenders
for the first time i think since Sammy came here
Yates and McGivern could get forward and get crosses in
Shrimpsscene

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:55 pm

I thought he had a good game yesturday and think he will get better as he gets to know the lads
heysham_mfc

Postby Valefan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Im quite surprised by this as I genuinely thought he was poor, and was very glad that the bal fell to him in the box in the last minute.

Ill give him the benefit as it was his first game though.
Valefan

Return to General Discussion