Promotion candidates?

Promotion candidates?

Postby Aal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:53 am

Early days yet but who looks like the teams to go up this season? There doesn't appear to be anyone as strong as MK Dons were last season.

My 3 at the start of the season were Bradford, Bournemouth and Rotherham (before pts deduction)

I now say Brentford, Bradford and Gillingham
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Re: Promotion candidates?

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:01 am

I think the top three will be Wycombe,Bradford and Darlington with Shrewsbury beating Gillingham in the play off final (We will finish app 16th) and the two teams to get relegated will be Luton and Chester
Howe Magic

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 am

Morecambe!!!! :lol: :lol:
thegentlegiant

Postby valiant » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:35 am

Bradford and Shrewsbury will be there or there abouts come May. Also Wycombe and Darlington look good sides.
Wait until Vale start gelling and we will be challenging for the play offs by Christmas time. We have got a whole new squad compared with last year and they are still settling in at the club and since Glover took charge we have looked a totally different side. With a couple more signings (Dave Brammer is on his way to us next week having been training with is all this week, will be a very good player at this level). we will be pushing for a play off spot, mark my words.
How about a Vale v Morecambe play off final in May, that would do me :lol: ;)
valiant

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:18 am

valiant wrote:How about a Vale v Morecambe play off final in May, that would do me :lol: ;)

The way things are going, I'll settle for Vale 18th, Morecambe 17th... on goal difference! My Vale mate offered me an 'interesting' [ie 'not money'] bet on who'd finish higher. By the time we got together to discuss it, he'd backed out because he'd had chance to see a few of your games! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby valiant » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am

Keith wrote:
valiant wrote:How about a Vale v Morecambe play off final in May, that would do me :lol: ;)

The way things are going, I'll settle for Vale 18th, Morecambe 17th... on goal difference! My Vale mate offered me an 'interesting' [ie 'not money'] bet on who'd finish higher. By the time we got together to discuss it, he'd backed out because he'd had chance to see a few of your games! :lol:

:lol: I had a £20 bet at the start of the season on Vale getting promoted and Stoke getting relegated :oops:
Might ask for my money back :roll:
valiant

Return to General Discussion