I told you so

I told you so

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:15 am

Judging by the recent large number of negative posts it would appear that my work is done as increasing numbers of supporters have now seen the light. Match after match we are still being told to support the players and the team will win the next match and go on a run etc all of which is management desperation speak and is never backed up with a strategy or a win. The situation is bleak and even a solitary win will not change the situation as the manager is well aware. Currently we are the second worst team in this division and as such that puts us behind the top 6 teams in the Conference which is a fair shout as that is what we used to say when we were in the Conference.
If the time comes the manager won’t be sacked although he would resign due to his close social friendship with the Chairman. I do agree that it is not realistic to expect a club of our size to be at the top end of the league but I certainly expect us to compete or surpass Accy, Macc and Chester. It is a fact that Coleman always manages to turn Accy around with shrewd business and a better knowledge of player’s abilities at this level than our manager. You have got to think that Coleman would not have signed the dud’s we did this summer and if he had it would have been short term and they would have gone by now.
It would appear that in the survival game there is no place for rewarding loyal servants if they are not doing the business, a message that MFC (that nice family club) seem unaware of. After a dreadful second half last season Sammy correctly announced that it would be necessary to make significant changes to the team in order to compete and this would involve popular players having to leave. I don’t count players like Burns and Grand as they were not regulars but based on the poor second half of the season no one was secure. I was not alone in thinking that Curtis would be shipped out to Barrow and Hunter to Lancaster? as these players along with others including Bentley were inconsistent. However the first thing to happen was to award Hunter a 2 year contract, retain Curtis because he is due a testimonial and now extend Bentley’s contract because he has been a loyal servant regardless of his current indifferent performances when the defence is leaking goals!
I do believe this manager has been given more money than we realise but his decision making at this level brings into question his judgement. I was not impressed with his recent quote stating the club may have to spend to get us out of the current situation ( hello, it was the manager who spent all the money and got us in this mess not the directors).
Ned

Re: I told you so

Postby Harry » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:18 am

Hallelujah!

The end of positivity, forever!
Harry

Postby Positive Pete » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 am

Negative Ned wrote:Judging by the recent large number of negative posts it would appear that my work is done as increasing numbers of supporters have now seen the light. Match after match we are still being told to support the players and the team will win the next match and go on a run etc all of which is management desperation speak and is never backed up with a strategy or a win. The situation is bleak and even a solitary win will not change the situation as the manager is well aware. Currently we are the second worst team in this division and as such that puts us behind the top 6 teams in the Conference which is a fair shout as that is what we used to say when we were in the Conference.
If the time comes the manager won’t be sacked although he would resign due to his close social friendship with the Chairman. I do agree that it is not realistic to expect a club of our size to be at the top end of the league but I certainly expect us to compete or surpass Accy, Macc and Chester. It is a fact that Coleman always manages to turn Accy around with shrewd business and a better knowledge of player’s abilities at this level than our manager. You have got to think that Coleman would not have signed the dud’s we did this summer and if he had it would have been short term and they would have gone by now.
It would appear that in the survival game there is no place for rewarding loyal servants if they are not doing the business, a message that MFC (that nice family club) seem unaware of. After a dreadful second half last season Sammy correctly announced that it would be necessary to make significant changes to the team in order to compete and this would involve popular players having to leave. I don’t count players like Burns and Grand as they were not regulars but based on the poor second half of the season no one was secure. I was not alone in thinking that Curtis would be shipped out to Barrow and Hunter to Lancaster? as these players along with others including Bentley were inconsistent. However the first thing to happen was to award Hunter a 2 year contract, retain Curtis because he is due a testimonial and now extend Bentley’s contract because he has been a loyal servant regardless of his current indifferent performances when the defence is leaking goals!
I do believe this manager has been given more money than we realise but his decision making at this level brings into question his judgement. I was not impressed with his recent quote stating the club may have to spend to get us out of the current situation ( hello, it was the manager who spent all the money and got us in this mess not the directors).

Your ramblings Ned are almost on a par with Aspers. You constantly have a go directly at our hero Sammy. We keep the faith and wear our hearts on our sleave. Yes it is wearing thinner in this sticky patch we find ourselves in but we will continue to fight on and come out the other end smiling. We will rise like a Phoenix and you will linger in the ashes my friend.

WE LOVE YOU MORECAMBE WE DO, WE LOVE YOU MORECAMBE WE DO :D :D :D :D :D
Positive Pete

Postby Phoenix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm

I thought about ignoring this message like others seem to be doing at the moment but why change the habit of a lifetime?

The arrogance of the subject line, I Told You So. Childish and pathetic.

The admission that they were hell bent on changing people's opinions of MFC, it would appear that my work is done. That's not just annoying it's twisted.

Well, now Neds work is done perhaps he can shove off and let us get on with the rest of the season.
Phoenix

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:26 pm

I've spent a little time today reading back some of NN's post's and although very very negetive what he has written about for weeks, has and is happening!

I know alot of us don't like his very negetive polarised opinions but, most of it was a pretty realistic and acurate account of what has happened. He just saw it comming long before us.

I think credit where credits due, if we'd have gone on a good run there'd be a fair few telling NN that they'd told HIM so. (I for one will be very happy if we get to a position where we can.)

Big changes are needed, I haven't a clue what, but then I'm not a football manager.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Could somebody please do a summary of what he has to say.

I can't be arsed reading that sh1t.

Try and get it into more than one sentence, if you can, otherwise it ain't worth doing ;)
morecambe mick

Postby ezz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Could somebody please do a summary of what he has to say.

I can't be arsed reading that sh1t.

Try and get it into more than one sentence, if you can, otherwise it ain't worth doing ;)

I am negative ned, im a lancaster fan! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:42 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Could somebody please do a summary of what he has to say.

Manager is shit, the players are shit, the fans are shit, the club is shit, Morecambe is shit, the media is shit, the world is shit, the universe is shit and I Neggie Ned am fooking brilliant.

I take the reverse logic.

I'm happy to say that I've had a good moan since Tuesday mainly at the manager's expense. However, I actually have a very strong suspicion we'll beat Port Vale on Saturday and then we'll be fired up for Accy. Who knows, we might be mid-table by next Tuesday.

One things for sure I'll never 'come round' to Ned's way of thinking.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby bigreddog » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Oh for the love of God, spare us. I knew I'd been avoiding this board for a reason. Thanks for reminding me why.

lets get a few things straight though shall we. being in the bottom two of the football league doesn't make us worse than the blue square prem top six. you can't equate them and shouldn't try. on top of that, we waited 87 years to be in the bottom two and its a damn sight better than being top six of the non-leaguers. please stop talking out of your arse.

secondly it's not the defence that's leaking goals, it's the team. we defend together, we attack together, we win together, we lose together. yet another indication that you have the footballing knowledge of an amoeba.

and while we're on the subject, you can come on here as so many do and criticise who you like. But I would have a bit more regard for your comments if you had the balls to say some of this stuff to Jim or sammy in person. maybe you should grow some and give it a try. If it's a bit early in your evolutionary cycle don't worry, they'll decend to the right place at about puberty. if you live that long, don't forget natural selection can be shitty some times.

Lastly unlike some i don't think that having one opinion or another is an act of herecy. But if you really do care about our club then understand this. when the bad times come, and they have. they can either be the wedge that drives things apart or the glue that gets people to stick together and fight. I prefer to fight. to fight with and for sammy, mark, jim and all the lads, fight with the people that spend their cash every week to follow our club with their songs and cheers. If we don't fight we will go down. If we do, we might anyway. But when there's a fight to be had I would rather have Sammy and Jim watching my back than anyone.

Support the club. Don't support the club, it's up to you. stop panicking and start fighting.

message ends.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Jody » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Best post I've seen on here in ages.
I for one would much rather support a Football League club, albeit at the bottom, than a team top of the Blue Square Premier.
Jody

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:05 pm

bigreddog wrote:Oh for the love of God, spare us. I knew I'd been avoiding this board for a reason. Thanks for reminding me why.

lets get a few things straight though shall we. being in the bottom two of the football league doesn't make us worse than the blue square prem top six. you can't equate them and shouldn't try. on top of that, we waited 87 years to be in the bottom two and its a damn sight better than being top six of the non-leaguers. please stop talking out of your arse.

secondly it's not the defence that's leaking goals, it's the team. we defend together, we attack together, we win together, we lose together. yet another indication that you have the footballing knowledge of an amoeba.

and while we're on the subject, you can come on here as so many do and criticise who you like. But I would have a bit more regard for your comments if you had the balls to say some of this stuff to Jim or sammy in person. maybe you should grow some and give it a try. If it's a bit early in your evolutionary cycle don't worry, they'll decend to the right place at about puberty. if you live that long, don't forget natural selection can be shitty some times.

Lastly unlike some i don't think that having one opinion or another is an act of herecy. But if you really do care about our club then understand this. when the bad times come, and they have. they can either be the wedge that drives things apart or the glue that gets people to stick together and fight. I prefer to fight. to fight with and for sammy, mark, jim and all the lads, fight with the people that spend their cash every week to follow our club with their songs and cheers. If we don't fight we will go down. If we do, we might anyway. But when there's a fight to be had I would rather have Sammy and Jim watching my back than anyone.

Support the club. Don't support the club, it's up to you. stop panicking and start fighting.

message ends.

wonderful post.... i thought i was rose tinted

good on yer mate!!!!

top post....can i buy you a beer???

if the moderators can find out who the numptie is then bloody expose him
would make great half time entertainment stoning him on the pitch
even if he only said jehovah
Shrimpsscene

Postby Phoenix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 pm

would make great half time entertainment stoning him on the pitch

Life Of Brian - does that give me rights to throw the first stone?
Phoenix

Postby marky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 pm

I can think of a few people I'd like to stone and NN wouldn't be one of them :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:28 pm

marky wrote:I can think of a few people I'd like to stone and NN wouldn't be one of them :P

Yes i can think of quite a few who post very regularly on here that should be stoned...... 8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Phoenix wrote:would make great half time entertainment stoning him on the pitch

Life Of Brian - does that give me rights to throw the first stone?

certainly does Bwian
Shrimpsscene

Postby Phoenix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Yes i can think of quite a few who post very regularly on here that should be stoned......

I can think of some that usually are :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:Yes i can think of quite a few who post very regularly on here that should be stoned......

I can think of some that usually are :lol: :lol:

Exactly, they must be to post what they do. :lol: :lol:

Jehovah - can I get stoned now?
morecambe mick

Postby Number 1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:05 pm

What I'd like to ask Ned is this: (although don't believe he has the courage to answer, in which case I'll be saying I told HIM so)

1. What exactly do you mean by "My work is done" ?

2. What exactly is your "Light" which people have seen?

3. What exactly would your strategy be to get us out of this mess? Which manager would you bring in? And which players? And can you guarantee that any players (or manager for that matter) you DO suggest will A) be happy to come to Morecambe, B) be affordable and C) be a complete 100 % guaranteed success?

Ned, I challenge you to reply to these questions so that once and for all, you can prove that you are a credible poster with realistic suggestions of your own. Otherwise, I'm afraid I, and I suspect many others, will simply see you for the troll that you now appear to be with yet another thread which not only takes great joy in the misfortunes for MFC but appears to want to split the support and turn them against the club, the manager and the players.
Number 1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:11 am

bigreddog wrote:Oh for the love of God, spare us. I knew I'd been avoiding this board for a reason. Thanks for reminding me why.

message ends.

HALLELUJAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JstSYMGpp0
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby The Fury » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:17 am

message ends.

Thanks for that, Brucey; let us march to Bannockburn with our heads held high.
The Fury

Postby shrimper » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 am

I've never had a problem with a lot of the substance of Ned's stuff because, most of the time, he just states the obvious when we're going through bad times.

The things I have taken issue with include his failure to be big enough to admit what he would like to see happen. He makes comments that 'hint' that he'd like to see the manager relieved of his duties, without actually saying so.

He also hints that he thinks we 'should' be doing better than we are, without really saying why we 'should'.

He also only surfaces, generally speaking, when there's an opportunity to say something grossly negative (though I note more recently he's appeared very briefly in a slightly more positive tone after that had been repeatedly pointed out to him).

He (or 'Robert') made similarly negative posts even in our promotion season but - unlike now when he comes on crowing about 'being right' - I didn't see him starting a new thread admitting he got it horribly wrong.

Having said all that, I do still welcome his opinions - they are usually backed up with his own version of logic and evidence (agree with it or not) and ALWAYS promote good debate.

If THAT'S his 'work' then he definitely succeeds every time and fair play to him for that.

I don't know him (or I don't know that I do) so it may be that it's just a lovely wind-up to keep us all on our toes.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

shrimper wrote:I don't know him (or I don't know that I do) so it may be that it's just a lovely wind-up to keep us all on our toes.

I think now is the time to actually explain that Negative Ned/Robert/CB1 etc is actually the complete opposite of a troll. He is in fact almost a 'sacrificial lamb' who deliberately offers himself up as a target of abuse and ridicule at those times when the fans most need to be united.This selfless act of heroism is pushed forward whenever the fans appear to be getting on the players or management's back. In an instance, that anger and frustration becomes aimed at Ned, thus leaving the way clear for the players and management to have some peace and time to concentrate on the real, important matters at hand.

So please be upstanding and join me in recognising the valuable contribution made by Ned to Morecambe Football Club...

HIP HIP...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Maybe he's the manager ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby durhamshrimp » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I was just wondering, after we've come out of this temporary run of poor results and are once again cheering win after win, will Negative Ned change his user name? Or will, as his name suggests, still find something to be negative about?

I personally think Negative Ned is someone on the wind-up.
durhamshrimp

Postby Butty girl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Jody wrote:Best post I've seen on here in ages.
I for one would much rather support a Football League club, albeit at the bottom, than a team top of the Blue Square Premier.

here here !
Butty girl

Next

Return to General Discussion