Time To Buy Out Several Players Contracts ...........

Time To Buy Out Several Players Contracts ...........

Postby BHmfc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:02 am

12 games into the season and the only place we are going with our current squad is down. Reading Sammy in today's Visitor he states that ''If we want to push on and stay a League club, we need a cutting edge. If that means spending money then maybe that is what we need to do.'' I fully respect SM and totally agree with him about spending, but first we need to release players and the only way to do this is to buy them out of their contracts. Pre-Season i posted my concerns about the quality of the signings, stating that the majority were free agents after being released from their clubs and out of all the signings we made, how many were Sammy's first or even second choice, after all, many of the players that HE WANTED, turned us down/we could not afford. I believe the biggest mistake we made in the summer is giving some of these signings 2 year contracts, but now is the time to bite the bullet and get the cheque book out, state to the players they are no longer in the club's plans and offer them a golden handshake. I know it won't be popular with everybody, but the players i would release are, Carr, McCann, Wainwright, Parrish and OCarrol. We could use the money from the sale of Baker, bring new players in on 2 or 3 month contracts, have a look at them and then if we think they are suitable, give them longer contracts. I know we can't afford massive transfer fees or pay inflated wages, but bringing players in on short term contracts allows us the freedom to look at a large number of players relatively cheaply. I don't get any pleasure in saying it, but unless we sort this squad out now, if we don't go down this season, we almost certainly will next season........................................
PS- To those who keep saying we have a strong squad, look at the players we have lost in the last couple of seasons, Thommo, Baker, Blackburn, Perkins, Carlton, Newby, Elam (i've included Elam because we have never found a quality left sided player to replace him)
BHmfc

Re: Time To Buy Out Several Players Contracts ...........

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 am

BHmfc wrote:We could use the money from the sale of Baker, bring new players in on 2 or 3 month contracts, have a look at them and then if we think they are suitable, give them longer contracts.

That assuming of course the Baker money isn't tied up in anything else, and if any would even be left after paying up contracts.

Not sure there'd be a queue of better players willing to take short contracts either, and even then, you're not casting a very wide net, I assume only players living within an hour or two of Morecambe?
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 am

This may seem brutal but to free up money I would be willing to listen to offers for any player and I don't think we have one player that we couldn't cope without eg a baker, Thommo etc but looking at the squad I would listen to offers first or look to move on:-

Twiss
Wainwright
O'Caroll
Fraser
lloyd
McCann
Blinkhorn
Parish
Adams

Some of the above players Ido quite like but feel they aren't consistant enough week in week out for example I really like Fraser but he is not playing enough to justify the wage and the same with Twiss.

Intresting if you look at the players that are left that I would keep it is nearly all the players that have been with us a while and got promoted with us.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby james456 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:38 pm

I agree we need to get players shipped out no matter what it costs us. Sammy shouldnt be afraid to hold his hands up and admit that some of his signings are not up to standard and get rid of them. It seems he is embarrased to do so, so has tried to get rid of Stanley/Yates instead, who are actually better players then the ones he has signed.
james456

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:17 pm

John Colemans always been under fire at Accy (fans calling for his head and doubting his leadership) but he always seems to dodge the bullets and come out the other side when he finds gems in the loan market like this Gornell bloke whose knocking em in for fun along side Mullin,
He operates on alot tighter budget than ours and fair play to him, when they arrive here next Tuesday evening you'll see it's never pretty but it's damned well effective as they battle for every ball even 60/40's and we need some of that if we're going to be scrapping for points to survive.
I can't agree with talk of the managers position being questioned and I honestly think with a few wins in the bag all this will be forgotten but some of the players also need to take notice and dig in
I felt sorry for the guys from Morecambe who made that long journey last night including my eldest but funny enough when he arrived back at 2am he wasn't negative at all and actually said we could have won it given the chances we created and all the rest was about how good Rene played, maybe being sat next to Ockers all the way there and back in a 206 had a kind of brainwashing effect on him :lol:

Here's to some points on the board on Saturday and as stated before i'd happily take a point against our nemesis, especially the way their playing now ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:44 pm

[quote="P/T Indie"]This may seem brutal but to free up money I would be willing to listen to offers for any player and I don't think we have one player that we couldn't cope without eg a baker, Thommo etc but looking at the squad I would listen to offers first or look to move on:-

Twiss
Wainwright
O'Caroll
Fraser
lloyd
McCann
Blinkhorn
Parish
Adams

out of those Twissy , Wainwright , McCann and Parrish are on contracts that run to 2010 so would cost too much.

of the rest of your list I would keep O'Carroll and Blinkhorn. I would let Fraser , Lloyd and Adams go and would add Hunter to that list and if Edge turns out to be a good keeper then let Scott go on loan.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:45 pm

I still think Parrish is a good player and has big potential....Therefore I would keep him...Rene at the min is not getting service that he needs and this comes back to midfield we need two new attacking wingers....But then you need a good defence so the wingers can attack....I feel that we will remain up but it will be a long season....If we can get 3 or 4 wins before Christmas and a few draws i think we will be ok....Lets see and leave the buying and formations to the manager/assistant.
thegentlegiant

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:I still think Parrish is a good player and has big potential....Therefore I would keep him...Rene at the min is not getting service that he needs and this comes back to midfield we need two new attacking wingers....But then you need a good defence so the wingers can attack....I feel that we will remain up but it will be a long season....If we can get 3 or 4 wins before Christmas and a few draws i think we will be ok....Lets see and leave the buying and formations to the manager/assistant.

Agreed.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion