win stats

win stats

Postby baldrick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 pm

its worrying!

1/ league win in last 18/ and 3/ wins in last 28 league games.
Going into last season of course.

Don't know what the answer is. Maybe give sammy the rest of the season even if we end up going down. Hes made mistakes so see if he can turn it round. If we sack him it will only get worse i think.
baldrick

Re: win stats

Postby admiral47 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Sammy started with an excellent team - JH to thank for that, if we go down we would not get back up! Time for a change at the top IMO, how he can sign McCann, O'Carroll and co and think they are an improvement is beyond me-clearly did not do his homework on a number of these players!!!
admiral47

Postby Posh » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:42 pm

In my view there is no way on earth that certain members of our board would let us go down without a fight. Sammy will need the confidence of the board and the dressing room to turn things around. If he loses either then a change would need to happen.

I'm still hopeful we'll get a win and it will bring back the confidence to start a run of results. However it needs to come soon.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby sardine » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:54 pm

i think he has lost the
dressing room
sardine

Postby tillshrimps » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:59 pm

Time to get a new manager before the last of our descent players get loaned out or left to Friday night football
tillshrimps

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I wouldn't mind as much but he never makes subs untill the 80th minute.....most of the time in games when we are losing and theres nothing to lose whats the point?? Apart from that theres nothing he can do
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 am

We'll have a better idea if the board plans management changes should they announce dreaded "vote of Confidence"
Martin

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:36 am

tillshrimps wrote:Time to get a new manager before the last of our descent players get loaned out or left to Friday night football

Any suggestions?
campdave

Postby Mark S » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 pm

tillshrimps wrote:Time to get a new manager before the last of our descent players get loaned out or left to Friday night football

Well I took my time deciding, as there were quite a few to choose from, but this wins the most ridiculous post of the day!

I cant believe what I am reading on here

Those who have been around long enough know not to panic and have enough respect for Sammy & Mark to give them time to turn it around.

I can forgive some of the younger element who are just jumping on a bandwagon, but some of you should be ashamed of your comments, and should know better!

I still pinch myself that we are here in the Football League. That is down to the management that are currently being castigated by people who have no idea what it is like to manage a football team. Its not like on Playstation.

Get a grip, let the professionals sort it out, and get behind the team!

Feel free to vent all sorts of abuse my way. Happy to take it.
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Mark S wrote:

Well I took my time deciding, as there were quite a few to choose from, but this wins the most ridiculous post of the day!

Those who have been around long enough know not to panic and have enough respect for Sammy & Mark to give them time to turn it around.

I can forgive some of the younger element who are just jumping on a bandwagon, but some of you should be ashamed of your comments, and should know better!

I still pinch myself that we are here in the Football League. That is down to the management that are currently being castigated by people who have no idea what it is like to manage a football team. Its not like on Playstation.

Get a grip, let the professionals sort it out, and get behind the team!

My God I so hope you are joking Mark.

I couldn't stand by, letting that group of retards and reprobates (adj) take charge!! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby outsider » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:24 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Mark S wrote:

[color=#FF0000]Get a grip, let the professionals sort it out, and get behind the team! [/color]

My God I so hope you are joking Mark.

I couldn't stand by, letting that group of retards and reprobates (adj) take charge!! :lol: :lol:

don't tell me we've signed Bodie and Doyle :shock: :o
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 pm

If I was alluding to the bunch of good looking gentlemen that you refer to, I would have typed The Professionals ;) 8-)
Mark S

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Mark S wrote:If I was alluding to the bunch of good looking gentlemen that you refer to, I would have typed The Professionals ;) 8-)

Or Happy Daft Farm.

Point taken.

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Whos being negative now baldrick.

a week is a long time in football.

lets see how things look after the next two games

or resort to your great bouncy castle idea

another ridiculous post.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Aal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:48 am

How long before Sammy and Mark decide to jack it in? They don't need the money.

I for one would be very sad to see them go, they're a terrific combination to have at a club like ours.

We need to get behind the whole package, and come out of this stronger for it.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby parkyboy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 am

Hear Hear lets get behind them not to kick backsides but really support them , we have a good management team and a lot of decent players , good support and a couple of good results next 2 matches will work wonders. Come on Shrimps fans
parkyboy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 am

admiral47 wrote:Sammy started with an excellent team - JH to thank for that, if we go down we would not get back up! Time for a change at the top IMO, how he can sign McCann, O'Carroll and co and think they are an improvement is beyond me-clearly did not do his homework on a number of these players!!!

JH also bequeathed Kelly , Ruffer , O'Connor etc to Sammy and they have to be turkeys compared with McCann , O'Carroll etc.

Thommo , Jesus and Danny Carlton would all have left whoever our manager was and it is doubtful if either Baker or Joe Lewis would have signed for Morecambe with JH as manager.

Without Sammy we would still be hoping to get into the Conference play-offs.

Now is the time for everyone to get behind Sammy and Mark , lets take as many fans as we can to Port Vale and our next away league match at Chester and go for 6 away points.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 am

For Gods Sake :!: Get behind our management team and back them up. Imagine how the players feel :!: If any of you doom + gloom merchants actually believe that slagging off individual players or Sammy and Mark or actually getting rid of our management team altogether will make things better you are sadly mistaken. If they walk out because of the continued abuse from fans it will be a sad, sad day for Morecambe Football Club and could in itself see the end of league football in Morecambe. Sammy and Mark make one of the best management teams at this level and their knowledge of the game is 2nd to none. And for the record, even though we are 5th from bottom (or 20 from top :D ) we have only now lost 5 from 12 league games and all 6 teams immediatly above us have lost more and even Aldershot, currently 13th have lost 5. All we are missing is the odd win instead of a draw :!: Sammy has made it very clear and has done since pre-season what players he has been after but unfortunately you can't just sign what you want. You have to be able to offer the players something to entice them to come to a new football club. We don't have a big stadium with big fan base, we don't even have good training facilities at the club, we don't have modern facilities but what we do have to offer is the reputation of being a friendly club which has an excellent well respected management team at its helm. Who the hell would replace them if they were to go, god only knows, I just hope they don't and continue to lead us and take league football to our new stadium :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby marky » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:42 pm

nobbyshrimp wrote:If they walk out because of the continued abuse from fans it will be a sad, sad day for Morecambe Football Club and could in itself see the end of league football in Morecambe.

What abuse? There wasn't any aimed their way on Saturday!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Return to General Discussion