How many?

Re: How many?

Postby Mr Munnings » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 pm

mfcbro wrote:Most of us are saying that the players brought in arent up to much.What i would like to know is how many were watched before signing and giving 2 year contracts.Mccann i think not,Wainwright i think not,Mccstay i think not,Howe i think not,o carroll i think not,Drummy 2nd time i think not,Parrish i think not,Roche i think not,Dan Smith i think not.Even going back to last season and before,Artell i think not.The only one that was watched was michael Carr and look what happened to him.Not saying all these players are not worth their place,just that its our scouting that needs looking at.Any way rant over lets get behind the players we have on Saturday at Port Vale.

Looking at players who are worth their place for me without question would be
Barry Roche
Wayne Curtis
Rene Howe
Aaron Taylor
Craig Stanley
Everyone else I think should be looking over their shoulder
Mr Munnings

Postby marky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 pm

If we had a quality winger, Curtis wouldn't be in the starting line up in my opinion. He's benefitted from our lacking in that department and is probably one of the few to have played at least reasonably.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:
mfcbro wrote:Most of us are saying that the players brought in arent up to much.What i would like to know is how many were watched before signing and giving 2 year contracts.Mccann i think not,Wainwright i think not,Mccstay i think not,Howe i think not,o carroll i think not,Drummy 2nd time i think not,Parrish i think not,Roche i think not,Dan Smith i think not.Even going back to last season and before,Artell i think not.The only one that was watched was michael Carr and look what happened to him.Not saying all these players are not worth their place,just that its our scouting that needs looking at.Any way rant over lets get behind the players we have on Saturday at Port Vale.

Looking at players who are worth their place for me without question would be
Barry Roche
Wayne Curtis
Rene Howe
Aaron Taylor
Craig Stanley
Everyone else I think should be looking over their shoulder

I agree on the other thread I listed 9 who could go but I was been kind I could have put a lot more on but we wouldn't have had any players left! Like I said we dont have 1 outstanding player who we couldn't live without so I would listen to all offers.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby PottedShrimp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Harsh on Roche and Howe both of whom have performed well for the club, but have to agree about the others. The transfer market has been our big failing.
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion