Brentford 3-1morecambe

Re: Brentford 3-1morecambe

Postby tillshrimps » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm

The buck stops with Sammy. Bad Signings, Shrewsbury distraction, Loss of key players, Bad tatics, etc etc etc
tillshrimps

Postby Silver Fox » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Well said Posh, I couldn't agree more!! Surely things have to change soon..!! :o :o
Silver Fox

Postby MTID » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:43 pm

Posh wrote:
MTID wrote:
scalehallshrimp wrote:this lot would struggle in the old conference
scalehall shrimp

Our Conference team would rip our current team apart.

Fair enough and I've found the donkey pics amusing but I don't hold the players responsible for the current circumstances. Blame must lie with the person who bought the players, chooses the sides and is responsible for tactics, training and coaching.

3 wins in in the last 31 games is pretty abysmal by any measure.

3 wins in 31?? Jeez thats shocking form! Relegation form!! Agree what your saying, many many fans questioned the signing of a few of the players when they were made, and its since been proven that some aint good enough, so if the fans could see it, why couldn't the management? Or was it a case of its these players or no one?
If we go down this season we cant moan that we were unlucky given the headstart we have been given!
MTID

Postby marky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 pm

MTID wrote:Or was it a case of its these players or no one?

I'm starting to think no one would have been preferable. A least then there'd be some room for these loanees Sammy keeps harping on about!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Posh wrote:
MTID wrote:
scalehallshrimp wrote:this lot would struggle in the old conference
scalehall shrimp

Our Conference team would rip our current team apart.

Fair enough and I've found the donkey pics amusing but I don't hold the players responsible for the current circumstances. Blame must lie with the person who bought the players, chooses the sides and is responsible for tactics, training and coaching.

3 wins in in the last 31 games is pretty abysmal by any measure.

Too right Posh.

The management team need to be told bluntly that they have until Christmas to improve things.....otherwise......

Certain predictions made a couple of seasons ago, now appear to be coming true.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby tillshrimps » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Christmas may be too long. This has been going on since Feb/March
tillshrimps

Postby marky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Just say it CC. The management team need to be made very aware that they need to turn things round by 17:00 on January 10th (i.e. after our game with Grimsby) or they lose their jobs.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Gav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Just got back now. Our performance this evening was much better than our none show at Gillingham last week. We had a good few oppertunities to put the ball in the back of the net but the we just didn't have the run of the green. We gave the ball away far too much, in fact it got to the point where you were looking at which Brentford player would get the ball before it had been played. We both utilised similar tactics in smacking the ball out to the left to run onto, they murdered us with this. Howe played his socks off and chased back with gusto when we lost posession (he must of be knackered by the end of the night) The Brentford crowd were much different to last season, it might of been the "butcher out" chants that disguised them last year but the amount of cocky chavs in the old thermalsolutions stand who had no real interest in the game was quite plentiful, one lad in particular spent the whole first half staring intensively at our lot hoping for some kind of kick off, blardy mag!
The pie I had tasted like it had been in Jimbos jockstrap during his warm up and the beer in the Griffin (where they filmed shots for Green Street) didnt fair much better. Last season I hung around and was lucky to get Joe Lewis's autograph on my shirt after the game, this year I went straight to the station home, come on lads lets get it sorted.
"Don't talk to me about being a star sunshine, I'm on You tube. No seriously, you type in St Albans Vs Morecambe and that's me...celebrating...running to hug a grown man, don't judge me fella, it's pride and passion"
Gav

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm

agree bout howe gav all the lads in the car do too
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aspers » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 pm

For my part didn't manage to catch audio until 60th minute.
We seemed to be on top and I was surpised at the 3-1 scoreline.
In the last half hour we had more chances than them and should've scored at lesat 2.

Looking on the bright side, I can get Blue Square premier matches live here on Setanta.
Aspers

Postby campdave » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:50 am

Christies Child wrote:

Were they the ones made before or after the ones saying Sammy wouldn't take us up? Make enough predicitions, some of them are bound to come true.
campdave

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:24 am

marky wrote:
MTID wrote:Or was it a case of its these players or no one?

I'm starting to think no one would have been preferable. A least then there'd be some room for these loanees Sammy keeps harping on about!

Quite true it's like we couldn't get our first choice signings which to be fare were ambitious targets like the Yeovil lad and McDonald etc so we just signed anyone we could find. This led to some of the players coming in not even been as good as the players we let go as I suppose Sammy let them go thinking bigger and better players were on there way which sadly didn't happen. I feel sorry in a way that Sammy prob did have good intentions to bring in better quality replacements and for reasons beyond his control couldn't get his men but you can't then just go and panick buy.

I would have thought they would have kept enough in the budget for a couple of extra salaries bearing in mind we might need to bring people in in Jan or loans as the season goes on I mean what would happen if we had a bad spate of injurys and need to bring people in.

I have now started to worry and think people need to realise how serious the situation has become instead of just saying keep the faith. We are the 2nd worst team in the league that is a fact! and with Mike Newell at Grimsby I can see them going past us soon as will Rotherham. I had a major panick last night when I saw Bournemouth had won and cut are getting closer to the zero mark.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:04 am

outsider wrote:Att: 3,733 (38 from Morecambe)

i think the 38 need a big round of applause.

I think 38 includes our 2 policemen and the lads in the pressbox cos there wasnt 38 in the stand! 7 of us 2 mins before kick off then the London ex.pats came up from down below to give us some moral support. There was a couple we met at the Wycombe game but everyone else had a southern accent which when we sang "stand up if you love Morecambe" sounded like we were in the away end with 3700 less people of course :o When the away end sang "can you hear the Morecambe sing" it said it all really :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 am

Gav wrote:Just got back now. Our performance this evening was much better than our none show at Gillingham last week. We had a good few oppertunities to put the ball in the back of the net but the we just didn't have the run of the green. We gave the ball away far too much, in fact it got to the point where you were looking at which Brentford player would get the ball before it had been played. We both utilised similar tactics in smacking the ball out to the left to run onto, they murdered us with this. Howe played his socks off and chased back with gusto when we lost posession (he must of be knackered by the end of the night) The Brentford crowd were much different to last season, it might of been the "butcher out" chants that disguised them last year but the amount of cocky chavs in the old thermalsolutions stand who had no real interest in the game was quite plentiful, one lad in particular spent the whole first half staring intensively at our lot hoping for some kind of kick off, blardy mag!
The pie I had tasted like it had been in Jimbos jockstrap during his warm up and the beer in the Griffin (where they filmed shots for Green Street) didnt fair much better. Last season I hung around and was lucky to get Joe Lewis's autograph on my shirt after the game, this year I went straight to the station home, come on lads lets get it sorted.

How do you know that Gav :o

Yes we were much better than at Gillingham but the Brentford lads were like athletes compared to us. Fantastic start but i would have preferred to score in the last minute like last season - we were never going to hang on to the lead and they just came at us like flies on a turd. We created a good few chances second half and really thought Jimbo had scored at one point when the goalie came from nowhere. Great penalty save from Barry once again and as you say Rene ran his socks off. Nice to see us passing and not playing as much hoof ball but I do wonder why Danny had wandered off to right back when he clearly should have been on the left :roll:

Thanks to the lads that got us back on the bus to the Wagon and Horses. I would just like to say that it should have been the Coach and Horses so we had to find our way in the dark across the Thames :? thanks also to the Celtic lads who were grieving with us and made us feel a lot better :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Mark S » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Too right Posh.

The management team need to be told bluntly that they have until Christmas to improve things.....otherwise......

Woah! That nearly slipped by.

What were the certain predictions you made a couple of seasons ago Neil?

Was it that we would gloriously march on up to the playoffs, beat York over two well fought games and then achieve the ultimate prize of gaining League status for the first time in our history?

That we would then have a fantastic first season continuing the upward momentum, due to the ex Conference players playing thier hearts out bolstered by two genius signings of Joe Lewis and Carl Baker?

That the best players we have would inevitably be spotted and cherry picked by bigger clubs, leaving us to try and sign equal replacements with a wage cap to work with?

That we would start our second season struggling to get results (but yes, we are still in the league and will continue to be), but that there is every sign that the Manager, with the full backing of the board will make see the root of the problem (without the help of the arm chair managers on here) and make swift steps to put things right?

Or are you trying to vindicate the poor comments you (and Negative Ned in his previous guise) made about the mangement team when we were going through a rough patch in the season we got promoted? :roll:

Come on! Lets get behind the team and look forwards, not backwards.
Mark S

Previous

Return to General Discussion