Tut tut

Re: Tut tut

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Posh wrote:The only problem though was songs like 'you're the s**t of Lancashire' - errr why? I noticed that this was started three times by a bloke who should have actually been at his hairdressers demanding a refund and a bag for his head. Eh BB?

Good one :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:36 pm

The north stands a stand of two halves with only one side making any noise and the atmosphere would be helped massively by a shift to a more central position by those who create it (Drummer boy & Mr D) this might just unite the masses who hang on the fringes mumbling

Many moons ago I used to stand with a load of young lads, in the exact position you stand now, singing and chanting...several of us aged 'balloon boys' still attend games, most looking a bit the worse for wear, but it is astonishing just how many 'old farts' are still attending regularly. Maybe we don't/can't sing much nowadays, maybe we have gravitated to the quieter parts of the ground, but we still love it just as much.

I will be down at Brentford on Tuesday giving it the Christie Croak ;) and hope we don't get pelted with sods and cinders as we did one miserable night at Skelmersdale (or was that Kirkby Town??)
OvertheBar

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 am

OvertheBar wrote:
The ...and hope we don't get pelted with sods and cinders as we did one miserable night at Skelmersdale (or was that Kirkby Town??)

May have been more than one incident, or you may have been reffering to the now long defunct, South Liverpool?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:25 am

Phoenix wrote:The North Stand were quieter than usual yesterday and Rochdale supporters were out-shouting Morecambe from the Main Stand, even the moaners seemed to be quiet (or missing?). You might think you were noisy but stood next to the dugouts, sorry, whatever noise you were making wasn't carrying onto the pitch. Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.

Absolute B****k's Brian!

We were in good voice on Saturday, Sammy give us a wave was one of the quieter chants and he had no problem hearing us.

Instead of putting us down and saying we weren't making much noise why don't you encourage us and give us some praise for still turning up and singing our hearts out! it might not have been as loud as some games last season but with the numbers we had I thought we sounded great.

Your one of the first to criticise people for getting on the players back when their not performing and yet your quick to criticise us for not singing loud enough. :evil:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

I heard a couple of chants, couldn't male out the exact words but I am 12000 miles away.

I did hear 1 notable enquire about where the referees spectacles may have been,
I could even feel Sean blushing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aspers

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:40 am

Absolute B****k's Brian!
We were in good voice on Saturday, Sammy give us a wave was one of the quieter chants and he had no problem hearing us.

I'm sure you sounded loud in the North Stand, I'm only saying what I (didn't) hear near the dugouts. Like Mark, you've also missed the comment that I heard the sammy wave chant.

Instead of putting us down and saying we weren't making much noise why don't you encourage us and give us some praise for still turning up and singing our hearts out! it might not have been as loud as some games last season but with the numbers we had I thought we sounded great.

I'm not putting anyone down, I'm just telling you what I heard. As did BHC3; To be fair I was in the main stand seated on the North Stand side and the singing wasn't really that loud.

Your one of the first to criticise people for getting on the players back when their not performing and yet your quick to criticise us for not singing loud enough.

Sorry you can't accept the fact that down on the pitch I couldn't hear you but I've never said you weren't singing. At one point in the first half the back row were bouncing up & down. Unless there'd been a flea infection I assumed they were also singing. I tried to listen but nope, nothing, not a sound. At that point I was in front of the tunnel. No doubt Mark heard it all, and I don't doubt that with the weird accoustics of Christie Park.
Phoenix

Postby fretz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:03 am

The main stand fans who go regularly are just as passionate as the rest of the areas,but as previously mentioned,there are quite a few elderly folk and families and for safety reasons people are requested to sit down ,but that doesnt mean their loyalty is any less.We should all get behind the lads and show a united M.F.C . :)
fretz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I think the "stand up if you love Morecambe" was an attempt to help the main stand show some support for the team (for once). IMO that stand has a bit of reputation for being full of moaning old farts and by not being arsed/capable to make a bit of noise for a few seconds just proved that. :?

Remember you will be an old fart one day Ben ;) I just hope the "standers" will still be supporting and buying season tickets in 40 and 50 years time with their children and grandchildren cos they certainly won't still be bouncing at the back of the North Stand :shock:
The football is there to be enjoyed by the young and the old and we all show our support in different ways. It's not easy to bounce up and down in a plastic seat with Geraldine Smith sitting in front of you :lol: :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby badger » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Mabe the main stand could not here the north stand because the wind was blowing the wrong way.
badger

Postby marky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:30 pm

I could hear bits from where I was stood by the tunnel but I couldn't work out whether it was stand up or shoes off.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby badger » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:43 pm

PHOENIX.
stop complaining and get in the north stand and show us how it is done.
badger

Postby mfc:) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 pm

I was in the thick of things with the atmosphere being made on saturday who cares what other people think! lets just keep going and try to make more of a great atmosphere just ignore what other people are saying and just keep going!.
mfc:)

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I think the "stand up if you love Morecambe" was an attempt to help the main stand show some support for the team (for once). IMO that stand has a bit of reputation for being full of moaning old farts and by not being arsed/capable to make a bit of noise for a few seconds just proved that. :?

I'm certain that the radio commentators who sit behind me and my colleagues would disagree with that statement. On Saturday we were asked to tone the sound levels down a bit as they were broadcasting 'live'.

Obviously we did as requested.....NOT!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Hodgie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:35 pm

sounds like accy are having the same problem
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 43344.html
Hodgie

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Hodgie wrote:sounds like accy are having the same problem

Speaking of Accrington, if you want cheering up dont forget to watch ITV at 10.40 tonight.

Makes you grateful to be a Morecambe Fan :D
Mark S

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Mark S wrote:
Hodgie wrote:sounds like accy are having the same problem

Speaking of Accrington, if you want cheering up dont forget to watch ITV at 10.40 tonight.

Makes you grateful to be a Morecambe Fan :D

Thanks for the reminder Mark
Shrimpsscene

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:04 pm

PHOENIX.
stop complaining and get in the north stand and show us how it is done.

Oh dear, still got a problem with me badger? Please do me the honour of reading what I actually type before having a dig and wasting your time.

Just to make this clear, yet again because it obviously isn't getting through to everyone, I am NOT COMPLAINING, I am giving you some (uncomfortable for some) FACTS.

Anyway, how can I take photos of you (about which you complain when there aren't enough) stood in the North Stand?
Phoenix

Postby steve mfc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

I can remember a game a few years back in the conference when we used to change ends at half time, i think it was against Northwich Victoria, there was probably only about 10 Vics supporters maximum at the back of the North stand, yet you could hear them clearly at the Umbro end.

Yet there can be several hundred in the away end and you can see their hands clapping yet you cant hear them singing. which just goes to show how much effect the conditions on the day affect the way the sound travels.

Personally thought the atmosphere was better on Saturday than it has been at most home games this season, strangely it was better in the first half when we playing badly.
steve mfc

Postby chrise27007 Mk2 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

What a stupid mess
Ok , There are certain reasons why folk go in the Main Stand. That has to be accepted.
But what harm is it for some (not all) just to stand up and have a clap and show some appreciation towards the team for 5 seconds. We sung our hearts out on saturday because we care about the team and we want to help them turn it round.
Ok fair point , you come to watch the game not make noise , but surely just to stand up for 5 seconds and acknowlede us isnt hard
Also the comment about BB and his hair do
We come on here to talk football not personal slanging matches.
Too many people hiding behind there keyboard and screen , im sure that woudnt be said on matchday.
Pathetic
chrise27007 Mk2

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Im really not bothered about the dig about my hair, I know I look good :shock:
Bare Ben

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Im really not bothered about the dig about my hair, I know I look good

Enjoy it BB, most of us 'old farts' haven't got any left and are just jealous that you have some to fiddle with :ugeek:

btw...can you also sing up a bit :lol:
OvertheBar

Postby Posh » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm

chrise27007 Mk2 wrote:Also the comment about BB and his hair do
We come on here to talk football not personal slanging matches.
Too many people hiding behind there keyboard and screen , im sure that woudnt be said on matchday.
Pathetic

I was shouting it at him very loudly on Saturday but he was too busy being chased by a wasp to notice. There is nothing I would say on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face and BB knows it. He also knows that I was joking.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:23 pm

chrise27007 Mk2 wrote:...but surely just to stand up for 5 seconds and acknowlede us isnt hard

Okay, now this is getting silly! You want the main stand to acknowledge fans who stand somewhere else? Do we give the Carwash folk a round of applause too for turning up and being daft enough to stand in the rain?

Bearing in mind I stand in the North Stand, I don't feel 'better' than people who stand anywhere else! I enjoy singing and shouting, I find it kind of therapeutic to let off steam but I don't expect others to 'thank' me for doing what I enjoy. And I can respect the fact that some people enjoy football in a different way to me!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Keith wrote:
chrise27007 Mk2 wrote:...but surely just to stand up for 5 seconds and acknowlede us isnt hard

Okay, now this is getting silly! You want the main stand to acknowledge fans who stand somewhere else? Do we give the Carwash folk a round of applause too for turning up and being daft enough to stand in the rain?

Bearing in mind I stand in the North Stand, I don't feel 'better' than people who stand anywhere else! I enjoy singing and shouting, I find it kind of therapeutic to let off steam but I don't expect others to 'thank' me for doing what I enjoy. And I can respect the fact that some people enjoy football in a different way to me!

:) I have to agree with you there Keith
thegentlegiant

Postby ezz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:16 am

Maybe we should do it one week on one week off.......next week everyone is silent the week after everyone sings then everyone wins :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion