Tut tut

Tut tut

Postby -Hatrick- » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Main stand should of stood up when the north stand sang

"stand up if you love Morecambe" (and pointed right at them)

Say what you want....they still should of!!!!!
-Hatrick-

Re: Tut tut

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:43 pm

we were already stood up so why pay for a seat
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby -Hatrick- » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:01 pm

1. why would you delete the previous comment (because he was right)

2. Are you on drugs???

3. Lets see how long it takes before you delete this post
-Hatrick-

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 am

Silly post, if the main stand all sang sit down if you all love morecambe to the north stand would they???

At least most people that sit down in the main stand, mostly season ticket holders of many years are still turning up in spite of recent results, the north stand sometimes looks like the away end lately, Rochdales excellent away support made todays gate look respectable!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Silly post, if the main stand all sang sit down if you all love morecambe to the north stand would they???

At least most people that sit down in the main stand, mostly season ticket holders of many years are still turning up in spite of recent results, the north stand sometimes looks like the away end lately, Rochdales excellent away support made todays gate look respectable!!

Are you suggesting that the North Stand is 'littered' with part timers?

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Jody » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:56 am

PUNKISDEAD wrote:Silly post, if the main stand all sang sit down if you all love morecambe to the north stand would they???

It doesn't matter how many are in the North stand (and don't forget it holds a lot more than the Main Stand, which easily looks full) , at least they try to get an atmosphere going, and don't get on the team, and the manager's backs when things aren't going as some people with high expectations feel they should be. There are a core of people in the North Stand who turn up every week, Home and Away, as there are in the Main Stand.
Jody

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:15 pm

:lol: What a silly post, are we arguing amongst ourselves now
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:17 pm

The north stands a stand of two halves with only one side making any noise and the atmosphere would be helped massively by a shift to a more central position by those who create it (Drummer boy & Mr D) this might just unite the masses who hang on the fringes mumbling ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:25 pm

The North Stand were quieter than usual yesterday and Rochdale supporters were out-shouting Morecambe from the Main Stand, even the moaners seemed to be quiet (or missing?). You might think you were noisy but stood next to the dugouts, sorry, whatever noise you were making wasn't carrying onto the pitch. Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.
Phoenix

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:The North Stand were quieter than usual yesterday and Rochdale supporters were out-shouting Morecambe from the Main Stand, even the moaners seemed to be quiet (or missing?). You might think you were noisy but stood next to the dugouts, sorry, whatever noise you were making wasn't carrying onto the pitch. Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.

So?
Sammy h

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:The North Stand were quieter than usual yesterday and Rochdale supporters were out-shouting Morecambe from the Main Stand, even the moaners seemed to be quiet (or missing?). You might think you were noisy but stood next to the dugouts, sorry, whatever noise you were making wasn't carrying onto the pitch. Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.

So how can this be changed in your opinion Brian? (don't sit on the fence in your reply ;) )

The Rochdale fans did make some noise but only when they scored and that was soon silenced when we replied, not a great game or much to sing about so a draw seemed a fair result
HALMA 1983

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:47 pm

There's always one or two distinct voices from the North Stand and when they start, the rest join in. Too many petty arguments going on at a time the team need everyone behind them. What I hear is what the players hear so until a few balls drop, you're going to have to hope Mick & Paul don't lose their voices.

Printing songsheets? Can't say I can remember hearing one them being sung clearly after they've been discussed on the forum.

One team, one set of supporters, one voice. Not everyone likes to sing and/or shout at football matches so simply accept that fact and get on with supporting your team whatever way you want to.

And yes, the Rochdale fans were quiet as well.
Phoenix

Postby Sammy h » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:22 pm

It would help if we had something to shout about Brian. And it's not just Mick and Paul :lol:

You might think you hear everything down there but believe me you don't. You obviously don't have a clue.
Sammy h

Postby Harry » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:39 pm

He hears what the players hear, ie the most distinctive voices/chants.

I agree that yesterday wasn't a fantastic atmosphere in the North Stand. The usual solid group were all singing their heads off but what I beleive really makes a difference is when others join in - the fans to the other side of the yellow line would be a start!
Harry

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:49 pm

A different viewpoint.

I thought The North Stand were awesome yesterday (especially the 1st half). We mentioned it in the PA Box.

Well done guys.

As for the age old North Stand v Main Stand argument, The Main Stand is never going to be a stand up and sing stand unless people who want to sing come over and sit in it. The people who want to stand up and sing go and stand with like minded people in The North Stand. I think its unfair to target The Main Stand occupants for criticism is unfair when only 25% of the Northstand sing. Thats one thing you can clearly see from The Main Stand. Work on the other 75% and then worry about other sections! :D

Personally I think a 'Sit down if you love Morecambe' chant from The Main Stand would be hilarious, but its never going to happen. :lol:
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:27 pm

You might think you hear everything down there but believe me you don't. You obviously don't have a clue.

Sammy, cut the personal shit and listen to what I have to say. I did not say you didn't sing, I said I didn't hear you. First half I was on the touch-line a few yards beyond the dugouts. If I can't hear you, the players can't hear you, Sammy can't hear you. Different parts of the ground pick up the sound differently.
Phoenix

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Why argue and doubt someone who stands all around the ground Sammy h?
I'd say that Phoenix is in a far better position to comment on the acoustics coming from every direction than you are and dare I say even more than the double glazed D.J box up top but then again you get 'A different viewpoint' to everybody else from there :D
Time for some opaque glass to be fitted for a much clearer one :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby RochdaleFan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:06 pm

This may be none of my business but in the interest of fairness, the terrace behind the goals yesterday seemed to have a pretty good atmosphere. Certainly better than us Dale fans anyway.

At Rochdale we have a similar debate over which stand makes more noise, although most weeks it's about who made any noise whatsoever. You seem to have a good bunch of hardcore fans at Morecambe so there's no point in arguing between yourselves about this.

Besides, I didn't hear anything coming from the Carwash Stand at all :o
RochdaleFan

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Phoenix wrote: If I can't hear you, the players can't hear you, Sammy can't hear you. Different parts of the ground pick up the sound differently.

Who lets Sammy know that The North Stand are singing a song for him then? He seems to know when to 'Give a wave' Is there a red light that goes off inside the dugouts? :o

I put it to you Sir that you have indeed, cloth for ears! :lol:

Ade - Stop being so negative towards me! :(
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Come on Mark, keep up!

Even stood in front of the North Stand in the second half, apart from a feeble Do You Take It attempt and Sammy Give Us A Wave, you were quiet.

I put it to you Sir that you have indeed a need for reading glasses :lol:
Last edited by Phoenix on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Postby B.H.C #3 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:26 pm

To be fair I was in the main stand seated on the North Stand side and the singing wasn't really that loud.
B.H.C #3

Postby mfc:) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Who cares if who ever did not hear; who ever sung yesterday put a whole lot of effort in !.
mfc:)

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:59 pm

I think the "stand up if you love Morecambe" was an attempt to help the main stand show some support for the team (for once). IMO that stand has a bit of reputation for being full of moaning old farts and by not being arsed/capable to make a bit of noise for a few seconds just proved that. :?
Bare Ben

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:16 pm

ok how about a sit down if you love Morecambe ( weather permitting) at the next home game?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Posh » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I think the "stand up if you love Morecambe" was an attempt to help the main stand show some support for the team (for once). IMO that stand has a bit of reputation for being full of moaning old farts and by not being arsed/capable to make a bit of noise for a few seconds just proved that. :?

This of course was quickly followed by chants / shouts making out that supporters in the Main Stand weren't loyal or were moaners and part-timers, which of course is pathetic. Having been in the Main Stand the odd time there is bags of positive shouts and hardcore Morecambe fans but are elderly, families etc. They sit down for a reason!

The atmosphere on the North Stand was excellent yesterday - Carlisle Paul back in the thick of things - with a veritable Shrimps jukebox on the go.

The only problem though was songs like 'you're the s**t of Lancashire' - errr why? I noticed that this was started three times by a bloke who should have actually been at his hairdressers demanding a refund and a bag for his head. Eh BB?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Next

Return to General Discussion