Bents and Stanners miss training..

Bents and Stanners miss training..

Postby shrimper » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 pm

..plus Sammy on 'ins and outs', 5-0 hammering and Aaron Taylor

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-sport/Rochdale-response-important-now-for.4599049.jp
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Bents and Stanners miss training..

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Going to be a bit thick now but why won't my PC play these videos. Goes as far as the play screen but when I click on play...nothing? What do I need to change in settings? Anyone?
nobbyshrimp

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:27 pm

In the interview Sammy acknowledged that he has been trying to bring players in on loan but is unable to do so until he releases 1 or 2 out on loan. To date no one has come in to loan any of our players and I wonder is it because no one outside our club rates our players or is it a financial issue?
Ned

Postby cultured » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:34 pm

You're only allowed so many loan transfers a season. If we keep sending the youth players out for one month here and there that greatly reduces the transfers available to you.

I wouldn't worry, the squad we've got is fine for 16th place this year at a canter given the points deductions of others, and pending deductions from more teams, so I'll happy write this season off to pool cash for the new ground and a fresh attack at it.

I thank the lord that our benefactors at the club continue to fund full time football in a time where crowds are dwindling and sponsorship must be harder to come by.
cultured

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:36 pm

Adam Yates!
nobbyshrimp

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:36 pm

Negative Ned wrote:o date no one has come in to loan any of our players

Aside from Adam Yates?
campdave

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Negative Ned wrote:In the interview Sammy acknowledged that he has been trying to bring players in on loan but is unable to do so until he releases 1 or 2 out on loan. To date no one has come in to loan any of our players and I wonder is it because no one outside our club rates our players or is it a financial issue?

for fcuks sake ......... is this guy for real ????????
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Negative Ned wrote:In the interview Sammy acknowledged that he has been trying to bring players in on loan but is unable to do so until he releases 1 or 2 out on loan. To date no one has come in to loan any of our players and I wonder is it because no one outside our club rates our players or is it a financial issue?

I doubt it will be a financial reason but more to do with the fact that there are so many players available, as if it were financial both clubs would agree to each pay a % of the wages which is quite common. Thornton (Leyton Orient) on loan at Shrewsbury was recently sent back, even though they wanted to keep him for another 3 months (and what a good player he is), because Orient stopped paying there 50% of his wages and Shrewsbury couldn't afford to keep him on because of restrictions on wages/loans etc.
Its a complicated game this footballmanagement business and not as simple as some think.
nobbyshrimp

Postby B.H.C #3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Taylor to start on Saturday??
B.H.C #3

Postby Ned » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:

You better believe it. By the way I will be looking out for future posts from yourself which with your obvious high IQ rating will be constructive, informative and will no doubt enhance the knowledge of everyday folk like myself!
Ned

Postby Number 1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Negative Ned wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

You better believe it. By the way I will be looking out for future posts from yourself which with your obvious high IQ rating will be constructive, informative and will no doubt enhance the knowledge of everyday folk like myself!

That's the pot calling the kettle black. I often defend you Ned because it's your right to say what you think, and abusing someone for expressing that opinion, is fundamentally wrong. However, whilst your posts are usually rather articulate, you can't get away from the fact that you pose more questions than you actually suggest solutions to. That's if you suggest any anyway. So to have a dabble at dry humour in the way that you do, I'm afraid doesn't work as far as you're concerned. If I were you I'd stick to your one dimensional subtle criticism which offers no solutions to the problems that you identify.
Number 1

Postby Positive Pete » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:01 am

Negative Ned wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Ned, you have just shown us the chink in your armour. You have ceased constructive, albeit negative, critisicm and instead reverted to public condemnation of other posters. Sammys reaction in the news and on radio this week has caused you anxiety in that you know he has taken action to put it right. The Mighty Shrimps are going to play their hearts out tomorrow and you will be out of a job. As to Intelligence Quotient that can't be judged on a message board. You are finding it difficult to compose a formula to intensify the value of your comments. Your cultured education of the football world is minimal but you like to feel no culpability for your actions. Have a nice day and remember NO PROBLEMS JUST SOLUTIONS
Positive Pete

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:22 am

Not problems, just opportunities for solutions.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion