How difficult is it to move contracted players on?

Re: How difficult is it to move contracted players on?

Postby Ned » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

Ned, who would you play on Saturday and why?[/quote]

Reluctantly I would play Roche, Mcstay, Bentley, Artell, Adams if fit otherwise Parrish.
Wainwright, Stanley, Drummond, Curtis or Mclachlan.
Howe and Blinkhorn if fit.

I dont think whichever permutation you use will make much difference but anything can happen on one off matches in football.

On other matters regarding kudos I dont agree with Shrimper that a few games for the reserves in the cretaceous period influences anybody these days except maybe the kindergarten balloon group.
I must also admit that I cant take credit for knocking Shrimpers predictions as it originated in the betting shop. A regular SV poster had just lost a bet and announced he had done a `Cooper' which I assume was reference to Shrimpers predictions and I thought that was funny.
At the end of the day we surely all want the same result but I do believe all things considered Sammy should accept more responsibilites for the failings than he does.
Ned

Postby nobbyshrimp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 am

For Gods sake everyone this site is starting to get a bit boring now.....same old...same old, negative boring crap :!: It never use to be like this. Can we get back to normality and get behind Morecambe FC, however they are doing on the pitch. I try to always be positive for our little club because the highs still out weigh the lows but it is starting to get very boring on here now. I can put up with most things and lots of negative stuff but over and over again and again! Yes I know, I don't have to come on here, its my choice and I am starting to realise why so many fans no longer do log on :(
nobbyshrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am

shrimper wrote:Yes, of course there was some wishful thinking, I'm a Morecambe fan, I want them to win.

Touche? I'll let others judge.

But with Ned's track record well known, and without taking him too seriously, it was, in my opinion, a witty retort. Perhaps we simply read it differently?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

Negative Ned wrote:Ned, who would you play on Saturday and why?

Reluctantly I would play Roche, Mcstay, Bentley, Artell, Adams if fit otherwise Parrish.
Wainwright, Stanley, Drummond, Curtis or Mclachlan.
Howe and Blinkhorn if fit.

I dont think whichever permutation you use will make much difference but anything can happen on one off matches in football.

On other matters regarding kudos I dont agree with Shrimper that a few games for the reserves in the cretaceous period influences anybody these days except maybe the kindergarten balloon group.I must also admit that I cant take credit for knocking Shrimpers predictions as it originated in the betting shop. A regular SV poster had just lost a bet and announced he had done a `Cooper' which I assume was reference to Shrimpers predictions and I thought that was funny.
At the end of the day we surely all want the same result but I do believe all things considered Sammy should accept more responsibilites for the failings than he does.[/quote]

Neither do I, necessarily, I just assumed that's why you made the implication - again if you are a former player, I apologise. If you're not then now I assume it was merely a wind-up. Fair enough.

...and if anyone takes any notice of my predictions, which I seriously doubt, when making their bets then they'd better sign up for that balloon group.

For what it's worth I shall be confidently predicting that we get a right royal hammering at home this week. Make of that what you will.

(Nice post BTW, fair play).

And, Keith. Perhaps it was more a case of 'touchy' than 'touche' - I'll lighten up.
:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 am

On other matters regarding kudos I dont agree with Shrimper that a few games for the reserves in the cretaceous period influences anybody these days except maybe the kindergarten balloon group

and if anyone takes any notice of my predictions, which I seriously doubt, when making their bets then they'd better sign up for that balloon group.

And what exactly are you trying to say about those of us who bring balloons to games eh? :D
Last edited by North Stand Shrimp on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mighty Red » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 am

and if anyone takes any notice of my predictions

I do.
Mighty Red

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 am

nobbyshrimp wrote:For Gods sake everyone this site is starting to get a bit boring now.....same old...same old, negative boring crap :!: It never use to be like this. Can we get back to normality and get behind Morecambe FC, however they are doing on the pitch. I try to always be positive for our little club because the highs still out weigh the lows but it is starting to get very boring on here now. I can put up with most things and lots of negative stuff but over and over again and again! Yes I know, I don't have to come on here, its my choice and I am starting to realise why so many fans no longer do log on :(

'twas ever thus...

The thread elsewhere about Google's birthday and a link to the forum as it was in October 2000.
http://web.archive.org/web/200010061922 ... 62421.html

Now read the "Supporters" thread, all 'sack Harvey' doom & gloom, rubbish in cups...

Then three months later, we're playing Ipswich who were then top three in the Premiership.

Never let the football spoil your weekend, never think the message board is more serious than it actually isn't!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:53 am

People just seem a bit more touchy these days, you can't get into a debate without hurting someones feelings! Maybe try counting to 10 before replying to a post thats got you wound up.

The film anger management has some great tips for chilling out!

1) shake out your anger whilst saying Goosefrabarrrr.
2) Sing, 'I'll feel pretty' from West side story when you you feel like your gonna lose it with someone! :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Phoenix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 am

No.13 fits the bill

Are you a duck?
Phoenix

Postby Martin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Paul Mac wrote:
MRH wrote:
Mr Munnings wrote:It is a pointless question because we dont know the real reason for its asking

Ned could be any of the following?

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
3 A parent of a former player
4 Someone who doesnt support Morecambe at all
5 Rosemary the switchboard operator
6 A former manager
7 A relative of a former manager
8 A former director
9 A relative of a former director
10 My old head teacher
11 That bloke who used to throw sweets to us at the empire on a saturday afternoon
12 One of the official supporters who used to take an AA guide and tell us when we had reached junction 19
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan
15 A Dolly blue player who once had a trial at Morecambe and got told you'd be better playing for Heysham Blue Star
16 One of those annoying people who ask for their gherkin to removed of their big mac
17 a regular writer of poems sent in to the visitor that we all have to put up with when all we want to read about is the state of the prom toilets
18 "Loyal Supporter" who constantly writes in to complain about away parking charges and why Road Sweepers always miss the fag ends in the drains
19 A former used car salesman
20 Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen's Cravat

Any more suggestions?

Good grief, is Rosemary still operating that switchboard? :lol:

Could be! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Martin

Postby OvertheBar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:33 pm

nobbyshrimp postulated:
For Gods sake everyone this site is starting to get a bit boring now.....same old...same old, negative boring crap It never use to be like this.

You must be youngster nobbyshrimp...Ned is the highlight of the forum. He takes all the aggro thrown his way without railing back, and then comes up with a reasoned and often interesting retort.

Mostly he just states the obvious. The team are struggling. I don't see his comments as aggressive, threatening or boring, merely a means to facilitate discussion. Isn't that why we come on the forum?

What would you like to talk about that is fun nobbyshrimp? Liven it up a bit...,jocularity jocularity' as Father Mulcahy used to say.
OvertheBar

Postby Wednesdayite » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:It is a pointless question because we dont know the real reason for its asking

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
11 That bloke who used to throw sweets to us at the empire on a saturday afternoon
12 One of the official supporters who used to take an AA guide and tell us when we had reached junction 19
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan
15 A Dolly blue player who once had a trial at Morecambe and got told you'd be better playing for Heysham Blue Star
16 One of those annoying people who ask for their gherkin to removed of their big mac
17 a regular writer of poems sent in to the visitor that we all have to put up with when all we want to read about is the state of the prom toilets
18 "Loyal Supporter" who constantly writes in to complain about away parking charges and why Road Sweepers always miss the fag ends in the drains

Any more suggestions?

21. Henry..the mild mannered janitor..could be ! (for all you hong kong phooey fans out there) ;)
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby Wednesdayite » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:
No.13 fits the bill

Are you a duck?

yes......I fit the bill
Exiled Yorkshireman
Wednesdayite

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:57 am

Negative Ned wrote:

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan

Any more suggestions?

No.13 fits the bill

I'm fairly sure Scott Davies was the last Morecambe player to wear number 13 ? So unless your his brother :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Positive Pete » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 am

Ned could have been a former player in a brass band for all I care! In October 3 seasons ago we had just lost to Forest Green and Kidderminster and were looking forward to a draw with Canvey Island in front of a crowd of 480, a loss to Northwich in the FA Cup, a loss at home to Cambridge and Bradford in the LDV Vans and to cap it all a losing trip to Gravesend and Northfleet..... i know where i would rather be and thats where we are now looking ahead to playing Rochdale on Saturday in the Football League.

We have come a long way in a short time on this jet propelled mission - dont forget that and ENJOY IT :!:

The players have given up their day off this week so SING YA HEARTS OUT FOR THE BOYS :D
Positive Pete

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Positive Pete wrote:Ned could have been a former player in a brass band for all I care! In October 3 seasons ago we had just lost to Forest Green and Kidderminster and were looking forward to a draw with Canvey Island in front of a crowd of 480, a loss to Northwich in the FA Cup, a loss at home to Cambridge and Bradford in the LDV Vans and to cap it all a losing trip to Gravesend and Northfleet..... i know where i would rather be and thats where we are now looking ahead to playing Rochdale on Saturday in the Football League.

We have come a long way in a short time on this jet propelled mission - dont forget that and ENJOY IT :!:

The players have given up their day off this week so SING YA HEARTS OUT FOR THE BOYS :D

:) You'll do for me :!: Spot on :!: :!: :!:
nobbyshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion